Guilty pleasure anime?

Cy~

I did not intend to be homophobic with my previous post, I will concede that it is possible that what I wrote could have been offensive, and I am sorry for that. I appreciate everyone offering their perspectives on the situation and I would like it if things could resolve themselves civilly and peacefully. I mean seriously, give me a break, being level headed is such a pain in the ass, can I go back to being a perverted dumbass now?:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmYLrxR0Y8

Origato Minna

• Friendly 2

And with all that said, probably best to move right along with the thread now.

As for myself, my main guilty pleasure is... honestly, placing probably too much weight on visuals - if an anime is beautiful, I'm much more likely to stick with it as compared to something that is just average. This makes it extremely difficult for me to get into older shows, no matter the quality. :-/

Holy shit, I just realized the fucking censors aren't active anymore, DBZ and Inuyasha were my gateways to anime, I used to watch them on my dad's girlfriends tv sometimes, then I streamed the entirety of DBZ on a website before moving on to bigger and better things such as one piece.

Motherfucker, I was wrong, only ass is uncensored, evidently combinations of swear words too, shitfuck

Edited by Guest
  • Funny 2

Well, at least you're honest. DBZ only came to mind as my SO has been buying them all on Bluray recently and we've just been binge watching them together. I'd say the quality of the art is rather simplistic in comparison, and the story is also quite simple, and... awh who am I kidding, there's not a whole lot going on with DBZ other than a bunch of fighting and yelling and power boners.

Best description of DBZ I've ever heard. xD

Well, at least you're honest. DBZ only came to mind as my SO has been buying them all on Bluray recently and we've just been binge watching them together. I'd say the quality of the art is rather simplistic in comparison, and the story is also quite simple, and... awh who am I kidding, there's not a whole lot going on with DBZ other than a bunch of fighting and yelling and power boners.

Yes but those were epic power boners, fully veined and throbbing, when I saw Super Saiyan one before the fight with Frieza I had chills

Power Boner is exactly how I would describe DBZ in two words.

• Agree 1

Okay okay I thought of a guilty pleasure anime!

It definitely has to be Macross Frontier. Some might say it's silly or not that good. But I've seen it a few times now and love it just as much each time :P

• Like 1

I'm going to add another anime to this, too.

Jormungand S1 and S2 - the whole thing was basically just extremely low budget Black Lagoon with shitty characters. BUT, it was fun extremely low budget Black Lagoon with shitty characters!

Honestly, it was only so much fun because it was so tragically stupid. People would shoot endless bullets at each other, plot armor was freely distributed among even the most minor characters, and it had some of the absolute worst scenes that I have ever seen in any anime. However, I was amused. So, like, that's all that counts, hahaha. :D

Most magical girl anime. And Nana. I wish Nana didn't have to be a guilty pleasure but since I usually hang out with dudes any "girly" anime/manga is kind of a guilty pleasure for me.

• Friendly 2

I think that I'm going to add Konosuba to this list, even though it was really popular.

It was so unapologetically goofy, slapstick, and semi-ecchi. It felt like every single anime trope that everyone wrote about in the tropes topic was represented at full force and then some. However, it was so comically self-aware of what it was doing, with jokes at the shows on expense, genre awareness, and really smart comedy.

I feel like a hypocrite when I watch it because it's utter trash. However, it's the best utter trash that was out during that particular season, and I still consider it an excellent comedy/fantasy. The fact that it kept walking deeper into the mud was what kinda made it good (keeping in mind that it was carried by fabulous writing).

So, yeah, definitely my guilty pleasure, due to guilt from myself, ahaha.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

To me, harem/school/romance/comedy anime with over-the-top characters are guilty pleasures. But, when there's echi, it really takes me out of the anime, so my enjoyment level decreases.

Anyway, my list would be Ouran Host Club, Handa-kun, Nisekoi(but, as I mentioned, it has a lot of echi, so, my enjoyment level reduced).

Others include Akame ga Kil(I initially liked this anime, it seemed very interesting, but, something happens in each episode, and it sort of turned into a guilty pleasure for me), Btooom!(this is pure guilty pleasure material, I don't need to justify anything), Danchigai(my first loli/moe anime, was pretty cute, but, was obviously bordering on guilty pleasure).

Also, I know this is a controversial choice, but, I find Fairy Tail to be a guilty pleasure too. To me, it's so bad that it's good. The fight scenes lack choreography, power-ups basically happen through shouting, there are no memorable villains, abilities are vague and undefined, characters are two-dimensional. These are everything I dislike about shounen, but, for some reason, it's entertaining.

• Friendly 1

• 1 month later...
  • Geano locked this topic