Welcome Waifu Suggestion

Moe

Question

Well besides me personally wanting Patchouli Knowledge from Touhou, I do find it a bit annoying that every time I click Anime Forums up in the corner to go back to the main page of the forums, that my selected Waifu appears welcoming me. It's a great feature, I just wish there was some kind of delay when she would appear, such as if I hope on for the day she'd appear once, and in 24 hours she would appear again. What I'm asking for is a delay, it's up to you what that delay should be, maybe a day and night cycle, at night she'll say good evening and in the morning, good morning.

11 answers to this question

Yeah, it doesn't really make sense for the waifu to welcome me back when I didn't close the window or tab that AF was opened in, when I've merely returned to the main page itself. Would be nice if the waifu only appears after you've closed AF completely.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

message him again or maybe speak to one of the mods @Kirry @zoop

they might be able to help ^_^

I'm afraid I'm a little useless in this regard, sadly - the workings of the shop and all that is associated are beyond my mere mortal understanding. :?

With that said, I do know that Optic has been extremely occupied and busy as of late, so some patience is going to be necessary for a bit. :o

• Like 1

I'm afraid I'm a little useless in this regard, sadly - the workings of the shop and all that is associated are beyond my mere mortal understanding. :?

With that said, I do know that Optic has been extremely occupied and busy as of late, so some patience is going to be necessary for a bit. :o

oh i see, yeah optic is always a busy guy, thought you might be able to speak to him or something.

im sure he hasn't forgotten, i know the feeling of busy ^_^

• Like 1

To be honest, I don't really care that much about the waifu function, I've turned it off, so I'm in no rush to get it, Orius can take his time. Originally I wanted to put adult Mikasa there, because who the hell wants child Mikasa? But now I'm thinking Aubrey Plaza, or Emma Stone or Marika Hase or something ( I lost my celeb crush on Emma Watson awhile ago, she just seems too nice and Harry Potter's over). Uh, be Careful when googling Marika Hase, actually, you'd best be careful when googling any female names I mention, sorry but actually completely unremorseful:P

Edited by Guest
  • Funny 1

Hi @Moe,

Thanks for your feedback on the Waifu/Husbando feature.

In its current form it would be very hacky to implement a time delay / different phrases for the character based on the member's time.

A revamp of that feature is planned long-term, as there are so many characters in that dropdown list now I am almost certain it's a little daunting. I'm hoping to implement some other improvements to make it easier to use (images instead of the dropdown list) and perhaps the possibility of being able to upload your own character/image as well as your own phrases.

I placed an order with optic, been two weeks.

Apologies for the delay - I did see the notification but have a large backlog.

Can you please send me a private message (Conversation) with the image you would like to add and I will get onto it as soon as I can.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Hi @MxTrex, Vanilla from Nekopara? If you purchase a custom token using AF credits (shouldn't take long to rack up some points after a few posts) in the AF Shop happy to add her for you.

As mentioned above I've got a small backlog.

Edited by Guest