Ask the Potato~~

RyePotatoes

I looked it up and it's called Custard pudding in English or in Japan. :D

Custard pudding hm sounds nice. :) Wonder if there are recipes online to make it.

Question:

Do you know Japanese? If so do you know any stuff where I can learn it that's sorta easy? "Oh mighty potato goddess.." *bows* O,.,O

Do you know Japanese? If so do you know any stuff where I can learn it that's sorta easy? "Oh mighty potato goddess.." *bows* O,.,O

I dunno bout the mighty thing but I've learned a little Japanese due to watching animes all the time. Well, just a few sinple phrases though. I'm not sure if I can teach. Let's learn together. :D

• Winner 1

I dunno bout the mighty thing but I've learned a little Japanese due to watching animes all the time. Well, just a few sinple phrases though. I'm not sure if I can teach. Let's learn together. :D

Ah I see ok. I learned a little phrases that way too and also from my grandma who's full Japanese.

• Like 1

I looked it up and it's called Custard pudding in English or in Japan. :D

actually here in australia its known as crème caramel

[spoiler=we use]

100 g (4 oz) caster sugar

450 ml (16 fl oz) semi skimmed milk

2 eggs, beaten

2 egg yolks, beaten

75 g (3 oz) caster sugar

Method

Prep:10min › Cook:1hr › Ready in:1hr10min

1. Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4.
  2. In a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat, melt 100g sugar until golden. Carefully pour hot sugar evenly into four ovenproof ramekins or custard cups, tilting cups to coat bottoms evenly.
  3. In another saucepan, bring milk just to boiling over medium heat. Stir hot milk, a little at a time, into beaten eggs and egg yolks, until well combined. Stir in 75g sugar. Pour milk mixture evenly into ramekins.
  4. Line a roasting tin with a damp tea towel. Place ramekins on cloth, inside roasting tin, and place roasting tin on oven rack. Fill roasting tin with boiling water to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
  5. Bake in preheated oven 40 minutes, until set. Let cool, invert onto small plates and serve.

[spoiler=I think Ryes variety Leche Flan uses]

9 tablespoons sugar

12 egg yolks (from large eggs)

1 (14 ounces) can sweetened condensed milk

1 (12 ounces) can evaporated milk

using 3 llanera molds

Method

1. In each llanera, place 3 tablespoons sugar. Set llanera over the stove on low heat and using tongs, move llanera repeatedly over flames until sugar is melted and golden. Continously tilt and swirl the llanera to ensure even melting and to distribute melting liquid on bottom of mold. Remove from heat and allow caramel to cool and harden.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine egg yolks, evaporated milk and condensed milk. Gently stir in a circular motion until blended. With a cheesecloth, strain egg-milk mixture. Pour strained mixture into prepared llaneras.
  3. Cover llaneras with foil and arrange in a wide, oven-safe dish with about 1-inch of water (water bath). Bake in a 375 F oven for about 50 minutes to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in the middle of custard comes out clean. Remove from oven, allow to cool and refrigerate to set. To serve, turn flan over on a serving plate, ending with caramel on top.

• Friendly 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2017 at 11:52 PM, SleepyLeoulf said:

What is something you can't live without?

Other than Food, Air and Water I think my Family and Friends <3 (Don't need romances as of now?)

On 12/6/2017 at 4:10 AM, Angle MoonShadow said:

If some one said they could change your life, how would you react?

I would definitely ask for some fat burner instead xD

On 12/6/2017 at 5:47 AM, SoullessMarshmallow said:

What do you have to say about people roasting potatoes? 

Roast a way People! I love Roasted Potato <3 I'm kind of like a traitor potato I think xD

17 hours ago, Wodahs said:

I may be a few hours early but how"s it feel to be a year older ??? (rest is in the pm)

Actually, it feels like any ordinary day except that people posted a lot of greetings on your facebook page xD Nothing fancy is going lately since I didn't want to wear dresses and all. xD I do kind of feel a little guilty cause I still act like a kid instead of being a mature woman xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SleepyLeoulf said:

Do you like Pocky and what flavor? 

Definitely Pocky! <3 I've been inlove with the cookies and cream flavor but then just recently I tried the Green Tea and for some reason I've been loving it. xD My friends do call me weird cause of it cause they totally don't like the green tea flavor xD

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RyePotatoes said:

Definitely Pocky! <3 I've been inlove with the cookies and cream flavor but then just recently I tried the Green Tea and for some reason I've been loving it. xD My friends do call me weird cause of it cause they totally don't like the green tea flavor xD

I heard of the cookies and cream one but never tried it yet, and we don't have the green tea flavor here where I live. But it sounds interesting and would try it myself sometime. :hot:

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

14 hours ago, SleepyLeoulf said:

I heard of the cookies and cream one but never tried it yet, and we don't have the green tea flavor here where I live. But it sounds interesting and would try it myself sometime. :hot:

I really hope you'd like the green tea one. I especially loved it <3

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, SleepyLeoulf said:

@RyePotatoes I probably would since I drank green tea once or twice in my life. I have tired the Pocky where it has almonds or coconut on it. Those I really enjoy and are interesting, to me at least. ^^;

Question: What do you really want for Christmas this year?

In our christmas party with my classmates I actually asked for a small umbrella xD But other thAn that any new york best selling book I guess xD

• Like 1

Hey, @RyePotatoes-SANNNNN

If you were the only potato left in the world, what would be the first thing you'll do?

How are you, senpai?~

Do you like hamburgers?

You're alone at school. Suddenly you see me walking down the hallway and towards you. What would your reaction be?

How many reverse harems have you seen?

Edited by AniMeFReaK