Small Victories

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A small recent victory.. A drawing I made for someone's birthday turned out to be good, I suppose that counts. (*^∀゚)ъ

It's 3 AM at this moment and i'm still awake with my cup of coffee on the right side of my table, it's slowly cooling down and I should probably drink it out before it gets too cold. While on the left

Being contacted on Wednesday afternoon just gone for an interview next Thursday morning for a possible new job! 

Posted Images

I woke up early.

Awesome. Sing me praises, hurry.

I seriously cannot get up early in the morning unless I have to work, so kudos. It's funny because I love to be up early with a nice cup of caffeine to enjoy the morning. But my body usually is like "nah, you're going to be knocked out until noon."

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Oh wow, I think I can really use this right now, after the awful day I've had. So I'll do my best to list some little positive things from today, despite everything that happened ^-^

•my nose isn't broken! (If my face had been angled down any lower, my nose would have slammed right into the pavement)

•dinner was delicious (thanks mum!)

•the cat isn't all over me, even though she's giving me the piercing gaze of undying and everlasting love from like 2 feet away (she usually always wants to cuddle and I'm really allergic and just so not in the mood today)

•I showered before leaving the house today (which means I can hold off a bit on trying to learn how to navigate a tub in my current state, thank fuck)

•LifeProof proved its worth as an awesome phone case, definitely glad I spent the extra money for it

•the application to put my loan payments on hold for six months was approved (I'm gonna need the extra money right now)

•did I mention dinner was good?

•seriously, it was delicious

•I think I'm gonna have some more dinner

• Like 3
Oh wow, I think I can really use this right now, after the awful day I've had. So I'll do my best to list some little positive things from today, despite everything that happened ^-^

Awwh Kohkoh *hugs* I know you've said before you were having a rough go of things lately. :'( But I'm glad you could still find the good things, little as they may be. I guess that's the whole point here, right? I hope things start looking up for you soon. By the way, what was dinner? You have my curiosity now.

• Friendly 1
I seriously cannot get up early in the morning unless I have to work, so kudos. It's funny because I love to be up early with a nice cup of caffeine to enjoy the morning. But my body usually is like "nah, you're going to be knocked out until noon."

That's mostly the case with me. So I found it really nice that I woke up early tbh.

• Agree 1
Awwh Kohkoh *hugs* I know you've said before you were having a rough go of things lately. :'( But I'm glad you could still find the good things, little as they may be. I guess that's the whole point here, right? I hope things start looking up for you soon. By the way, what was dinner? You have my curiosity now.

Nothing fancy! Just some teriyaki chicken and mixed veggies and rice with some teriyaki sauce.

It was so good though. Just what I was in the mood for. And one of my favourite meals

• Like 2

A little while ago I made a few death combo's with Alisa in Tekken and also learned how to Korean backdash. Makes me really happy. :D

Just today though, I made my Twitter account! :D Havent confirmed my email yet but I can do that later. :)

• Like 2

Well this technically took about a week but ... I lost 3 pounds and wrote 2 chapters of my new book/project.

I'm so proud to finally be writing and being active again!

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

im getting much faster at drawing digitally finally! i think i cut my normal time down to half.

im also making one of my favorite dinner's tonight.

by the way, this is a really great idea for a thread so thank you for making it!!

• Like 1

I feel like all my small victories lately focus around my injured knee. But, that's not necessarily a bad thing! If I'm able to see the silver linings with it, then it makes it a lot easier for me to deal with. So, sorry in advance if you all get sick of hearing about it!

•Saved $100 on my knee brace. They had one older model left and luckily it was my size. I only paid $72 instead of $172. Big bonus for me

•Discovered a new cafe with tasty food and reasonable prices!

•I'm getting a lot better navigating with the crutches

• Like 3
  • Optimistic 1
I feel like all my small victories lately focus around my injured knee. But, that's not necessarily a bad thing! If I'm able to see the silver linings with it, then it makes it a lot easier for me to deal with. So, sorry in advance if you all get sick of hearing about it!

•Saved $100 on my knee brace. They had one older model left and luckily it was my size. I only paid $72 instead of $172. Big bonus for me

•Discovered a new cafe with tasty food and reasonable prices!

•I'm getting a lot better navigating with the crutches

I'm glad your doing a bit better, hope you heal up soon! <3

• Friendly 2

Today, I managed to sweep up all of the messes that I made at work over the last few weeks! (Before anyone found out.) Yay! (o^.^o)

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2
Today, I managed to sweep up all of the messes that I made at work over the last few weeks! (Before anyone found out.) Yay! (o^.^o)

You and me both. I am like the queen of mess-making in the workplace. I'm seriously sloppy when I work; the messes I make can range from trivial to oh-my-god-who-let-a-swamp-monster-in-here epic messes. But I'm also neat because I can reliably clean up after myself right after the fact. So there's that I guess. :crazy:

Went to gym same as usual, booked my test for my G license

Pardon my ignorance... what is a G license? Google gave me too many answers and I can't pick one.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

^ That is hilarious. It's the driver's license designation in Ontario. A G1 driver is a new driver (you can get it at age 16). And then you take a road test after some time, and if you pass you get your G2 license (which is the full license), if I remember correctly anyway. In BC it's designated as L (Learner, can go for it at age 16), and then you do a road test and if you pass you get your N (New Driver or Class 7, there's restrictions but now you can drive on your own), and then after a year of having the N you can go for a second road test to get your full license (Class 5)

Positive things of today (so far)

-My writing has been really neat and tidy

-I've been able to get around the house without the crutches

-I successfully got up the stairs and managed to have a shower (would have been impossible yesterday or the day before)

-Leftovers for lunch <3

• Like 3
  • Winner 1
^ That is hilarious. It's the driver's license designation in Ontario. A G1 driver is a new driver (you can get it at age 16). And then you take a road test after some time, and if you pass you get your G2 license (which is the full license), if I remember correctly anyway. In BC it's designated as L (Learner, can go for it at age 16), and then you do a road test and if you pass you get your N (New Driver or Class 7, there's restrictions but now you can drive on your own), and then after a year of having the N you can go for a second road test to get your full license (Class 5)

-I successfully got up the stairs and managed to have a shower (would have been impossible yesterday or the day before)

-Leftovers for lunch <3

Oooh that makes sense now. Thanks for explaining ^-^ and please be careful without your crutches, please don't hurt yourself further D:

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1
Oooh that makes sense now. Thanks for explaining ^-^ and please be careful without your crutches, please don't hurt yourself further D:

Don't worry! I always keep them nearby just in case I need them ^-^

More positives!

-the temperature in the house is juuuust right

-my neck isn't sore anymore (it was all kinked up yesterday because of how I had to sleep)

-my lip is healing up pretty fast

• Friendly 2

I cleaned my laptop today. It was much needed. There was some strange hair-looking things caught in between the fold of the screen and keyboard. And little who-knows-whats speckled in places. It feels so fresh and new. ^0^

• Like 1

-Leftovers for lunch <3

goes G1, G2 then G in Ontario for driving

• Like 1
goes G1, G2 then G in Ontario for driving

Well I was close-ish :P

I had a feeling I was missing something though lol. It's basically the exact same thing as BC, just different labels