Small Victories

I survived over a hundred emails at work and five meetings, without actually managing to punch anyone in the face! I FEEL SO ALIVE! (o^.^o)

• Like 2
  • Optimistic 1
  • Winner 2
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A small recent victory.. A drawing I made for someone's birthday turned out to be good, I suppose that counts. (*^∀゚)ъ

It's 3 AM at this moment and i'm still awake with my cup of coffee on the right side of my table, it's slowly cooling down and I should probably drink it out before it gets too cold. While on the left

Being contacted on Wednesday afternoon just gone for an interview next Thursday morning for a possible new job! 

Posted Images

Today I had a pretty good interview for a position at my same company and same position to a location only walking minutes away. I think I'm a shoe in but I don't want to get over excited because I won't know for sure until Monday or Tuesday. One of my co-workers said that I'm being overly humble about the whole thing but I don't want to get over confident only for everything to come crashing down around me.

Today was also just a pretty good day because we surpassed a sales goal (thanks me I guess because I'm the sales person where I work so yay...?? I feel good but it's weird. I don't like to be the sales person but it's definitely the case but also people just happen to come in wanting things ya know?)

I also bonded with a coworker who's kinda cool to me but I could see how what she says can really get her in trouble. I have a hard time opening up to people in real life and I think she's opening up to me hard core and I'm trying to keep up but I think I'm a bit more experienced and I think I've been a bit more burned than her before. I hope she realizes that she shouldn't talk to people the way she talks to me but maybe she also knows that I'm the kind of person who can be trusted and I feel the same about her - but again I've been burned before so I'm pretty wary. I wish it didn't have to be this way.

• Friendly 3

Well, I'm sitting here tired as fuck because I've been awake since midnight. I can't really do this kind of shit anymore, to be honest. I stayed up all night so much when I was younger, and they say that you build up a sleep debt. Well, now it only takes one night of bad sleep and I'm staggering around like an idiot. I guess I have a huge sleep debt.

Anyways, the victory, yeah - I won a thing. I didn't win anything. However, I have made it to summertime, the middle of the year, in this job. As of right now, this week, this is the second longest amount of time that I've ever held a single job. I really hope to stay employed. I had a period of 4 years without a paying job. It sucks to depend on family and friends for handouts, haha.

That's the victory, then - I'm still employed! Yay! Hahaha, now just two more years and I would be eligible for pension. I'll hope that I don't have a heart attack along the way. :?

• Like 1
  • Winner 2
Curtailed my initial reaction to not sit to that pretty girl on the bus, and instead did so, and obviously nothing else. Imagined a future in which I was a better person, someone courageous, I could admire.

You shouldn't be nervous about sitting next to pretty girls! From what I can tell in your latest share in the picture thread, you're pretty cute!

(And no, I'm not trying to flirt with you, so don't let the comment make you uncomfortable)

• Like 2
You shouldn't be nervous about sitting next to pretty girls! From what I can tell in your latest share in the picture thread, you're pretty cute!

(And no, I'm not trying to flirt with you, so don't let the comment make you uncomfortable)

Thanks, you know how it is, our fears aren't rational, now am I afraid of sitting next to them? Not really just uncomfortable. Am I afraid of trying to strike up conversation? Deathly so.

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

Had a terrible day, however on positive note I drank a lot of tea, went for a walk and worked out :)

existentiallylostdumbell

Just to tell you something interesting, I've been like you for as long as I remember, but after a while I realised that if I don't do anything nothing will happen its your job to do something that will have a positive or a negative effect which is still better than being afraid to do anything and wondering "what if " . Take it from me man. Talk to the girl you want to talk to, the worst thing that will happen is your gonna get rejected, but hey then there's gonna be another girl/guy. Muster up some strength and just do it . I know its hard but just try ♥ can talk to me about it if you want

Edited by Guest

I just discovered that the Shazam app and Spotify app on my phone can be linked together! So when I Shazam something, it gets saved to a playlist on my Spotify.

This is perfect for me because sometimes I listen to a lot of radio :D

• Friendly 1
  • Informative 1
I discoved my eyes change colors :D

Mine kind of shift between steel grey and hazel. Supposedly eyes can change colour depending on a lot of factors like your age, health, diet, emotions, etc.

I've got the best news ever! Looks like I probably don't have a ligament tear. I just got hit so hard that it made initial assessment look like a ligament tear. There's still a chance of meniscus damage though. If it's a big one, it'll need surgery. But if it's a small one, they don't generally do the surgery for small ones anymore, which means I'd just go through the same recovery and exercising as a sprain and swelling. Hell, there's a chance even that there is no meniscus tear, which would be awesome. I am so happy right now

• Winner 2
  • 8 months later...

It's 3 AM at this moment and i'm still awake with my cup of coffee on the right side of my table, it's slowly cooling down and I should probably drink it out before it gets too cold. While on the left side of my table - I have unfinished writings of my essay which needs to be completed until 8 AM this day so i am still on shedule and i should be approximately done within the next 1 hour. As for the time being, i'm trying to NOT fall asleep due to lack of sleep and use my remaining 4 hours of freedom to post on AF as I won't be able to sleep anyway after so many cups of coffee. xD

It seems like being active on AF has gradually become a small victory for myself already. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Muco said:

It's 3 AM at this moment and i'm still awake with my cup of coffee on the right side of my table, it's slowly cooling down and I should probably drink it out before it gets too cold. While on the left side of my table - I have unfinished writings of my essay which needs to be completed until 8 AM this day so i am still on shedule and i should be approximately done within the next 1 hour. As for the time being, i'm trying to NOT fall asleep due to lack of sleep and use my remaining 4 hours of freedom to post on AF as I won't be able to sleep anyway after so many cups of coffee. xD

It seems like being active on AF has gradually become a small victory for myself already. 

Please remember to take care of yourself! < 3 Hopefully you can get lots of rest after the immediate task is blown over.

• Friendly 1

After just over a week of practice with my left hand, my writing has become a lot steadier and I’m capable of writing a lot more now. When I first started writing with my left hand, I could only do a couple sentences before my hand cramped up and hurt so much. But now, I’m able to do a couple pages worth of writing.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

A small recent victory.. A drawing I made for someone's birthday turned out to be good, I suppose that counts. (*^∀゚)ъ

• Like 1
  • Creative 1
2 minutes ago, C_C_S said:

Being contacted on Wednesday afternoon just gone for an interview next Thursday morning for a possible new job! 

That's great news, good luck

• Cute (Kawaii) 1
  • 2 months later...

Times like these I feel like I need to bump this topic because there's so much negative going around and it just gets old.

On 3/10/2018 at 5:32 AM, C_C_S said:

Thanks! I appreciate it! Really hoping that they’ll decide to hire me!

@C_C_S Where you been? Did you get that job?

6 minutes ago, Wedgy said:

Is that any good for games like HS? Weird question but my boyfriend is supposed to be ordering one soon himself as a requirement to compete in DreamHack. He's been borrowing everyone else's and just decided to get his own this time. He doesn't know a lot about laptop specs and I'm just a loser with a macbook.

What is HS?