Roleplaying/Board Game AF Groups

zin

hello hello!

i noticed that we didn't have any gaming groups on here, and i thought it'd be great to start one up for different kinds of social games! Dungeons and Dragons, Poker, you name it, you can find others who might like to play here! this isn't necessarily geared towards video game parties, although if there's enough interest for that i can always make a separate thread ;)

basically, the idea for this is to find people that are willing to play a certain game, and make groups for them that meet at certain times!

i think the best way to start would be to post games you are interested in playing with others, times you are available, and any other information you'd like to include.

if you have a roll20 account, or Tabletop Simulator (currently 50% off on steam!) that would be useful information to add as well, seeing as those are probably the most likely tools to be used. (if anyone has a free alternative to Tabletop, let me know and i'll add it up here!)

if you'd like to be more direct with your approach, you can tell me a game you're looking for a group for, and i'll list it up here with the descriptor 'looking for players'. once enough players are organized, the group can figure out a meeting time, and how often you plan to meet. (weekly, monthly, etc.) I'll put the finished plan up here as well so everyone can see the games currently in progress. i can also include any other information you'd like me to! here's an example of a listing:

[Example] Poker Nights - Weekly Meetings Saturday, 5 PM EDT - Tabletop Simulator, Last Minute Players Welcome

please let me know if you have any questions! have fun gaming~

Dominion - Saturdays, Loose Time [Postings For Open Games]

https://dominion.games/

Members

Cy~

Zoop

Zin

Nectar

Leviathan_Willow

[insert Your Game Here!]

Edited by Guest
  • Winner 3

@zin Are non-traditional card games allowed?

I've grown to love Dominion lately, and I wouldn't mind having more peeps to play it with. o3o

Edit: Holy shit, @zoop and I posted at the same time. o_o;

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1
  • Winner 1

@zin Are non-traditional card games allowed?

I've grown to love Dominion lately, and I wouldn't mind having more peeps to play it with. o3o

Edit: Holy s***, @zoop and I posted at the same time. o_o;

of course they are! would you like to make a foraml listing, or just wait and see if other people are interested?

I'm a fan of Dominion, myself, it's a strategy card game thingy. There's a free web client for it, which while not perfect, is still quite functional.

you guys are synced omg

• Like 3

would you like to make a foraml listing, or just wait and see if other people are interested?

You can make a formal listing, actually. I'd like that, hahaha.

The maximum number of players is just four, and with Zoop and I - that's two guaranteed. Just need a few more folks and a full game may almost always be possible.

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

You can make a formal listing, actually. I'd like that, hahaha.

The maximum number of players is just four, and with Zoop and I - that's two guaranteed. Just need a few more folks and a full game may almost always be possible.

all done! if you have trouble finding any i could join as well~ ive never played tho so id have to go over the rules

• Friendly 2

all done! if you have trouble finding any i could join as well~ ive never played tho so id have to go over the rules

Oh definitely, that's be lovely! It's a fairy easy game to pick up! :o

• Like 2

@zin

I have stickied your thread with the power of capitalism. (y)

thank you so much!!! capitalism is such a useful thing

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

capitalism yay

Anyways i would join but my pc doesnt have space for the stuff and i dont know if i would get along well, i usually do get along with people of opposite beliefs to me but sometimes i dont and i wouldnt want to ruin your game night

capitalism yay

Anyways i would join but my pc doesnt have space for the stuff and i dont know if i would get along well, i usually do get along with people of opposite beliefs to me but sometimes i dont and i wouldnt want to ruin your game night

aw its alright i understand! but just to let you know there are quite a few games that have browser clients so you wouldnt have to download anything! and the whole point is just to have a fun time : ) im sure you wouldnt ruin it!

• Like 1

aw its alright i understand! but just to let you know there are quite a few games that have browser clients so you wouldnt have to download anything! and the whole point is just to have a fun time : ) im sure you wouldnt ruin it!

If there are any broser games you're playing let me know, i would love to join

Played a match of dominion with @zin on Monday, and it was fantastic!

If there are any broser games you're playing let me know, i would love to join

The gaming interface for dominion is in a browser and it works pretty well, tbh.

• Agree 2

I have never played Dominion, but this sounds incredibly fun, so I'll give it a shot. If you all meet again, I'd be interested in joining.

ive only played twice, both being the times i played with cy~ and zoop, but theyre great teachers and its very fun!

it has a limit of 4 players, so we'll have to switch around if john wants to join, but i think it could work!

@Cy~ @zoop would you guys like to set up an official meeting time?

• Like 2

it has a limit of 4 players, so we'll have to switch around if john wants to join, but i think it could work!

I did a little skim of the Wikipedia article for it and it looks like a fun game :3

I would be interested in giving it a go!

If there are a lot of players wanting to play, please feel free to put me in the queue ;)

• Like 1

I did a little skim of the Wikipedia article for it and it looks like a fun game :3

I would be interested in giving it a go!

If there are a lot of players wanting to play, please feel free to put me in the queue ;)

alrighty! since it is officially cy~ and zoop's game, ill wait until they come back to figure out how exactly this will work, but im sure they'd be happy to have you!

also as a reminder, anyone can set up their own game for anything their interested in!! dominion is up there solely because cy~ and zoop requested it~

• Like 1

@Nectar @Leviathan_Willow zoop has decided that itd be easier if we kept a loose schedule for dominion, where they or i post in this thread when looking for extra players for a game! if you'd like we can @ you in those posts so you can see when they happen.

you can also post times that youre usually available here if thats easier for you!

• Like 1
  • Friendly 2

@zin Hai hai! I don't want to make work for you, but could you list the names of the people that are interested in the games in the opening post? :o

----

Also, while we can keep game scheduling pretty loose, I wonder if folks can provide the days that they'd be most likely to be available for playing. For @zoop and I, the days that we'll most likely be around are Saturday and Sunday.

• Like 2

I wonder if folks can provide the days that they'd be most likely to be available for playing

Well, my typical posting (and generally free) time are between the hours of 8PM to 5AM British Summer Time, which is 12PM to 9PM Pacific Standard Time. That is only on Fridays and Saturdays, unless I'm on vacation, which is coming up in 3 weeks. If it's any other day of the week until then, I am available between the hours of 8PM and 2AM BST, which is 12PM to 6PM PST.

I hope this helps :P

• Like 3

I hope this helps :P

That definitely helps! And, thank you for the time conversion! Hahaha.

Seems like Saturday evening is looking like the sweet spot for any group activities.

@zin does Saturday work for you?

• Like 2

That definitely helps! And, thank you for the time conversion!

No problem!

Does this involve VC? I wouldn't mind the slightest bit if it did, but it would mean I'd have to make a few preperations slightly before, such as where to be where I won't wake sleepy peepies with my loud and excitable voice xD

Just be nice to know :3

• Like 2

Does this involve VC?

Not as of yet! At least not in the games that I'm in, hahaha.

I'm a little voice chat shy (that's an understatement, tbh, I am pathologically voice chat avoidant) and I prefer to play without it for a few months and then, if everyone's still around, sure. (Since, I would then be used to everyone.)

So, currently, no - no VC. At least not for me. :angel:

• Friendly 3