Roleplaying/Board Game AF Groups

zin

@zin Hai hai! I don't want to make work for you, but could you list the names of the people that are interested in the games in the opening post? :o

yes of course! ill do it now

@zin does Saturday work for you?

yes indeedy! if @Leviathan_Willow is also available on saturdays, would you like that to be the official day with a loose time?

• Like 2

yes indeedy! if @Leviathan_Willow is also available on saturdays, would you like that to be the official day with a loose time?

I'm okay with that!

Though, I would also like to leave the day open to other games as well. I've been playing with Tabletop Simulator and there are sooo many options for everything that I feel like it would be a terrible shame to hog the whole day just for one thing.

• Like 1

I'm okay with that!

Though, I would also like to leave the day open to other games as well. I've been playing with Tabletop Simulator and there are sooo many options for everything that I feel like it would be a terrible shame to hog the whole day just for one thing.

oh yeah of course! we can have several things on one day, seeing as im sure there will be people who wont be interested in every game up there!

• Like 2

Not as of yet! At least not in the games that I'm in, hahaha.

I'm a little voice chat shy (that's an understatement, tbh, I am pathologically voice chat avoidant) and I prefer to play without it for a few months and then, if everyone's still around, sure. (Since, I would then be used to everyone.)

So, currently, no - no VC. At least not for me. :angel:

Aww, okay :angel:

Why so shy Squiggly? :3

That's 100% fine by me. I'm happy either way.

Oh that's what I should have asked? How do I access these games? Are they on Steam? :)

I'm unlikely to have them already ;)

• Like 2

Aww, okay :angel:

That's 100% fine by me. I'm happy either way.

Oh that's what I should have asked? How do I access these games? Are they on Steam? :)

I'm unlikely to have them already ;)

dominion has a browser client so theres no need to worry there! as for other games happening in the future, some of them will probably be on tabletop simulator, which is currently 10 bucks on steam

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

dominion has a browser client so theres no need to worry there! as for other games happening in the future, some of them will probably be on tabletop simulator, which is currently 10 bucks on steam

Nice! Can you direct me to Dominion so I can check it out, there are a few different versions it seems. Or I'm blind x)

• Like 2

I would consider putting this on the front post with the Dominion list so others can easily find it

ah thats a good idea, thank you!

Sorry for being inactive on here, my life as been strange lately and I've been playing some mafia

thats alright! do you want to join dominion since it is a browser client, or are you too busy lately?

• Like 2

I've always been this way, sadly. There's a reason for it - I actually suffer from generalized anxiety disorder, hahaha (is this tmi???). It means that I'm generally a nervous wreck, at the best of times. So, yeah, voice chat. Stuff and things. I'm shy! If you *really* want to know the reason for it, then here you go -

[spoiler=No really, is this tmi? But you did ask.]

(The irony here is that I keep a cool exterior and never actually flinch when faced with an emergency. In fact, I'm known at work and among family for being an excellent "first responder" to total disasters. I can calm people down and take control of a fucking horrible situation with cool logic. No matter how bad things get, I stay calm and focused and operate at 110% until the disaster has passed.

However, I'm actually a broken up mess on the inside. When things are calm, I'm more or less constantly thinking about every single possible thing that could ever go wrong. I sometimes don't sleep I sometimes miss meals; and I sometimes get either tense or maybe uncomfortably wild/silly. So, yeah, I'm a great leader during a disaster, but I'm actually a broken up mess on the inside. HOW'S THAT FOR IRONY?!

Apparently, too many disasters leaves you like me. My entire childhood was a disaster. BUT, I'm not gonna talk about that!

Anyways! Yeah, that's kinda why I'm shy. I don't want to scare people away, and I've scared away enough people to not want to just do it accidentally. It isn't a conscious thing that I can directly control. My shyness is subconscious, just an instinctive avoidance. Give me time to learn you and I'll get familiar enough to maybe even want to talk via voice. It takes a while, sometimes.)

Sorry for being inactive on here, my life as been strange lately and I've been playing some mafia

Understandable, don't worry about it! We'll be around! (I hope???)

Also... I got the mafia reference, but would I be correct if I assumed that your life has been a certain kind of strange?

• Friendly 1

I would like to join but i cant bring myself due to personal things.....sorry ._.

no worries! if you ever have time open up again feel free to post here~

I've always been this way, sadly. There's a reason for it - I actually suffer from generalized anxiety disorder, hahaha (is this tmi???)

i have social anxiety disorder so i completely get where youre coming from! i have a really hard time with voice chat as well, so dont feel bad!

• Like 2

Im great with vc.....at first but when it gets silent or we start talking about my beliefs i may or may not have an autistic breakdown :? however if you guys ever play munchkin then count me in

I've always been this way, sadly. There's a reason for it - I actually suffer from generalized anxiety disorder, hahaha (is this tmi???). It means that I'm generally a nervous wreck, at the best of times. So, yeah, voice chat. Stuff and things. I'm shy! If you *really* want to know the reason for it, then here you go -

[spoiler=No really, is this tmi? But you did ask.]

(The irony here is that I keep a cool exterior and never actually flinch when faced with an emergency. In fact, I'm known at work and among family for being an excellent "first responder" to total disasters. I can calm people down and take control of a f****** horrible situation with cool logic. No matter how bad things get, I stay calm and focused and operate at 110% until the disaster has passed.

However, I'm actually a broken up mess on the inside. When things are calm, I'm more or less constantly thinking about every single possible thing that could ever go wrong. I sometimes don't sleep I sometimes miss meals; and I sometimes get either tense or maybe uncomfortably wild/silly. So, yeah, I'm a great leader during a disaster, but I'm actually a broken up mess on the inside. HOW'S THAT FOR IRONY?!

Apparently, too many disasters leaves you like me. My entire childhood was a disaster. BUT, I'm not gonna talk about that!

Anyways! Yeah, that's kinda why I'm shy. I don't want to scare people away, and I've scared away enough people to not want to just do it accidentally. It isn't a conscious thing that I can directly control. My shyness is subconscious, just an instinctive avoidance. Give me time to learn you and I'll get familiar enough to maybe even want to talk via voice. It takes a while, sometimes.)

Oh jeez, I didn't mean to trigger all that :o

I hope you're alright with sharing that! Naa, it's not tmi at all, I can try to understand. I've been like that before, a few years back. My childhood was rough too. (though I won't make any assumptions that mine was even remotely similiar in magnitude)

Now to be honest, in actual fact, and this is from the inside, VC isn't something I'm even that comfortable with, it's just something I'm curious about and would like to force myself into at some point. Sounds fun once I get the hang of it. Nerve-wracking, but sounds fun. Nobody ever got anywhere without trying new things, so that's why I'm acting so casual about it ^w^

Anyway, Dominion looks nice online! Made an account, need to verify it but I'll play some bot games to learn the hang of it :)

• Like 4

ACTIVITY REPORT!

I've made up my mind to diligently report all of the activities and doings of the Roleplaying/Board Game AF Group for the purposes of science and recreational archival. Well, at least all of the ones that I participate in.

On today's agenda, @zoop, myself, and @zin all gathered in Tabletop Simulator for a deep, intriguing game of Exploding Kittens. I attempted to browse the forum on the tablet that you see in the screenshot, but Zoop kept changing to youtube and playing strange music. I won the first game quite handily by setting zoop up the bomb and then benefiting from zinnia's bad luck.

Screenshot_9.thumb.png.d3ade92a62a97e4758504e72e8cdb6c2.png

After playing the base game, we played the nsfw deck and basically stood amazed at how utterly ridiculous the cards were. I destroyed zoop again, purposefully, and attempted to do the same to zin but ummm... Everything went wrong and I was buried in questionable attack cards and utterly and completely fucked by Zin.

After that, we decided on a change of pace and tried playing pool. This went poorly, because, as it turns out, neither Zin nor I could play and Zoop was too busy adding balls to the table, moving giant monsters onto the table and generally being silly. So, we gave up on pool.

Instead, we switched over to building with legos. I was building a house, Zin was building a house, and Zoop was building a car. Eventually, our houses suffered a tragic fate, and Zoop had to build a wall to keep our insanity from destroying her car completely.

[spoiler=Zoop's Car]

tk92XWrGQWaTzlkMqfANUw.thumb.png.bd5924863b3c70728d7ec132f6ccc8b2.png

At some point, Zoop gave up, destroyed her car, and then joined in the insanity.

Screenshot_11.thumb.png.b7c25eff55a20fc555ce17f6b5b307ba.png

Yes, there were calculators. Don't ask.

At another point, we switched over to checkers and drawing. I will confess that I lost the checkers game due to not paying attention. Jokingly, I challenged Zoop to fight me IRL. She actually took me up on it. I won 2 for 2 in less than 2 minutes, and she gave up. The first time, she sneak attacked me by pulling me over the couch. She also attempted to distract me by licking me. It didn't work. The second time took ten seconds, hahaha. I just rushed and ended things. She tried to fall on top of me, but I just threw her over my shoulder and pinned. SECOND VICTORY.

ANYWAYS. When we returned, after recounting the statistics of the battles to zin, we beheld our shared creation and decided that it should be preserved for all time in a museum.

Well, we don't have access to a museum, but there is AF, so here we go -

[spoiler=Fine Art]

Screenshot_15.thumb.png.70b8801843ff601f0eece0b1ee2d15bf.png

Edited by Guest
  • Winner 4

At some point, Zoop gave up, destroyed her car, and then joined in the insanity.

you gorgot about how great our music selection was during this.

but it was an absolute blast, and also a good test to see how well it would work for scheduled games on here. just last night alone was worth the money it costs in my opinion! there's a lot of custom games in the workshop so there's thousands of options~

• Friendly 2
  • Informative 1

So, this tabletop simulator thing, is it any good?

I tried it out for the first time yesterday, I'd say it's definitely worth the money (I didn't pay for it though, I received it as a gift from my favourite people), and it does seem to go on sale a lot

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

LOL I'm a Huge AD&D fan and have been a DM for years... I love almost all role playing games. I also play WoW and Jade Empire.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

LOL I'm a Huge AD&D fan and have been a DM for years... I love almost all role playing games. I also play WoW and Jade Empire.

That's awesome. ^^

D&D is something that I think I'd enjoy, if not for the fact that have an admittedly short attention span for the type of rules and processes that are involved in the combat and such. I guess it may sound a little weird, but I respect it most for being something that when played in certain ways, with the right DMs, can basically be an engine for real time, collaborative story telling. :?