AF Mafia Undead and Withering

zoop

fgdfg.png.af64d2c7a9e4bd8974ddcdbbadf58dbd.png

Delightful banner provided by our very own Nectar.

Good evening ladies, gentlemen, and everything in between, and welcome --- to a Mafia thread!

57c26f0b117e2a3f919b4d0549f6e38d72e6fad9_hq.gif.351e0e5ebe98b995c6f09c78934ea908.gif

For those of you not familiar, Mafia is a party game that can be played in person, on forums, in chat rooms, or any combination thereof! It's a game of murder and mystery, suspicion and betrayal, wherein a group of players come together and attempt to discover the identity of a dastardly murderer hiding within their midst.

Mafia games are divided into two phases - a 'day phase', in which players come together to discuss the events of the game, and decide which among their number they suspect of being the murderer, before coming together and voting for who they find the most suspicious - with the most-voted player being removed from the game.

The other phase is the 'night phase', in which the murderer or murderers pick out a poor unsuspecting player, and murders them - thus removing them from the game.

The game ends when the number of innocent players is equal to or less than the number of murderers, or when the murderer himself has been voted out of the game.

So, that's a basic idea as to how the game works, and here are a few specific rules:

• At the start of the game, I will send the murderer a PM informing him or her of their role. If there are any non-murderers with special abilities, they will also receive a PM.
  • These special roles will be granted based on the results of a random number generator.
  • Players are not allowed to PM each other with regards to the game.
  • Players who have been removed from the game may make a final post in the thread, but are otherwise asked to not participate in game discussion beyond that - this means that if you accidentally kill off your best detective, you're going to be missing out on their assistance moving forward. I'll make a group PM for all deceased players to discuss the game.
  • I will announce the start and end of all game phases, the results of all night actions, etc.
  • Day phases will end after 48 hours, or immediately after a majority vote is reached. Vote with caution.
  • If no majority vote has been reached by the end of a 48 hour day phase, the person with the most votes is removed from the game.
  • To ensure that your votes are counted during day phases, state the name of the person you are voting for in bold.
  • Players with special roles may not share or quote any part of their role PM in the game thread.

If you're interested in joining the game, please post here indicating as such, and I'll add you to this post. :)

Current Players:

• Zoop (GM)
  • Zin
  • Nectar
  • John jobs
  • ItsSammy
  • Kirry
  • SAO LILDOOP
  • Scrooge
  • Sekkarou

@Kirry @Sekkarou @Scrooge Peacock @zin @Nectar @Wedgy @John jobs @Anyoneelsethatwantstodothething

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2
  • Winner 1

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Players who have been removed from the game may make a final post in the thread, but are otherwise asked to not participate in game discussion beyond that - this means that if you accidentally kill off your best detective, you're going to be missing out on their assistance moving forward. I'll make a group PM for all deceased players to discuss the game.

i think i like this much better!

id love to join this one~

• Friendly 1

Im really looking forward to playing, if there is anyway i can help please let me know

For now we just need to wait a day or so to see how many folks are interested - after that, participation is all that matters. :D

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hrm. Looks like Sekkarou and Scrooge haven't been on since Saturday. :o

Given that they were in the last game, I'd like to leave this open a short bit longer to see if they pop back up and are interested in jumping in.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

So i take it we are gonna wait another day?

Yeah, I apologize for keeping everyone else waiting, but --- well --- I don't want to leave them out of this without giving them a chance to join, given how the previous game ended up coming to an end. :'(

• Like 1

We've been busy with Fate / Grand Order's release sorry xD

Hmm... I'll let Sekky know about what happened in Orius' game and I'll join this one if she does.

Edited by Guest
  • Friendly 3

We've been busy with Fate / Grand Order's release sorry xD

Hmm... I'll let Sekky know about what happened in Orius' game. I'll join this one if she does.

No worries! And I appreciate it. :)