Pokemon Origins

Caroline

Today I finished watching Pokemon Origins. This is a short 4 episode anime that is similar to the games. Instead of Ash and Gary, we are introduced to the games' original characters of Red and Blue. I found this very interesting and made me think of what Pokemon would have been like if this anime had been the original one. I thought this was a great anime for all fans who wished that the anime wasn't so long and that we could see Ash become a Pokemon Master.

Has anyone else seen it? I enjoyed it but I felt it was rather rushed. I wish it would have been a 12 episode anime series at least instead of just 4 episodes. That way we would have more time to get to know the Pokemon and the gym leaders since everything seemed so rushed! I did like how aspects of the game were used. TMs were featured as well.

It's interesting to see how they changed the designs of the characters as well since Misty and Brock looked different. Nurse Joy looked WAY different and I preferred her normal appearance in the original anime.

All up I would recommend it but wish it hadn't been so short. It makes me think that more spinoff Pokemon series could be done. Especially for the older fans. This opens up a possibility of an anime where we could see Ash getting older.... if only....

Just checking, did you watched the Jap or Eng Dubbed version. Caused I remember that Gary was referred to as Green in the Jap version.

Anyway, it was really a big improvement compared to the normal pokemon series but sadly, this was mostly a OAV style used to help promote the Pokemon X/Y Games back then. As the games reference to link back to the original pokemons as well.

Haha yes, you're right I did see the dub, I would have liked to have watched the Japanese version but the English version was more easily accessible the day that I downloaded it. Why did they change it from Green to Blue? Makes no sense.

Ha, did they really need an anime to promote X/Y games? Surely they would have sold just as well without the anime.

Well, it was to help build the hype for the game and also a fanservice to those who grew up with the first game.

Since the main theme of Pokemon X/Y was mainly paying homage back to the first generation pokemon games, it was the first time they were bringing back all Kanto (All pokemon in the previous versions as well, correct me) pokemons. This version paid lots of homage to the first generation pokemon, such as letting you choose the Kanto starters again, return of Snorlax blocking your way, return of Mewtwo etc.

There's also a movie about Mewtwo as well, which is also part of the promotional stuff for Pokemon X/Y

• Geano locked this topic