Subway Restaurant - Fitchips

Optic

The Subway restuaurant near my work recently introduced Fitchips! I think this is Australian only, other countries may have something similar?

Fitchips are a franchise of hot chips that are normally sold standalone but are appearing in more and more Subway stores on their menu as a side(similar to how Hoyts cinemas have Pizza franchises such as Eagle Boys Pizza).

The chips are quickly cooked using the existing toaster oven for 1.5 minutes and you get to choose from 4 dipping sauces and chicken salt. Probably not the best side to have but it is a nice change from the usual cookies.

What are your thoughts? For the non Aussies out there do you have a different side instead? :)

Attached a photo I made. xD

fitchips-subway.thumb.jpg.bd8face27dafb516b348b887849ee317.jpg

Nice to see they are adding new items onto their menus. What do you think of the chips? What types of dipping sauces are there to choose from? How healthy are these, I wonder, could they ruin the healthy reputation of Subway... hmmmm. I really don't eat much at Subway but if I do, I get cookies!

What's your favourite Subway bread and toppings?

• Like 1

Nice to see they are adding new items onto their menus. What do you think of the chips? What types of dipping sauces are there to choose from? How healthy are these, I wonder, could they ruin the healthy reputation of Subway... hmmmm. I really don't eat much at Subway but if I do, I get cookies!

What's your favourite Subway bread and toppings?

Chips are on-par with oven chips but a little mushy. Not quite as crispy.

You can choose from four sauces, the one I had (pictured) was garlic & aioli which wasn't too bad. Sorry can't remember the other choices but here's the full Fitchips sauce list (though Subway doesn't stock them all).

I admit I was skeptical too regarding the health aspect. I likely won't be buying them again as it's not great value, if you want decent chips you may as well go all the way to other fast food such as Maccas, KFC, etc.

As for my favourite Subway toppings, I like my usual. White, all salads, mayonnaise with mozzarella cheese toasted. :D

Hey this is when I caught up with you isn't it? :P

Indeed indeed! :P

• 1 year later...