Anime you stopped watching

The Bunk

Sometimes when we start an anime, we like or dislike it. However we feel about it, we may still continue watching to see how it unfolds. Then there comes a time when we say enough is enough and just drop it completely.

For me, I dropped Eyeshield 21. As a sports anime, I didn't like its depiction of (American) football. Even though it lays the basic rules for the game quite clearly, they don't always look like they're followed. It doesn't even look like a whole lot of care went into the sport itself because of how dumbed down and incoherent it looks on screen. I really enjoyed it at first because of the colorful cast of characters and humorous situations, but when the worst part of a sports anime is the sport itself, it's a problem for me.

What's yours?

Edited by Guest

I stopped watching Naruto after about 3 episodes because I just couldn't make myself keep watching it.

I know a lot of people love Naruto because it's a classic but the writing of the characters was so ... Bland, boring, and unrealistic. The art wasn't really working for me, the characters seemed one dimensional and completely boring, and I just wasn't willing to watch hundreds of episodes of it.

I also stopped watching Gunslinger Girl after about 2 episodes because the art wasn't working for me, the beige and bland aspect the show was going for made it seem as if everything was going really slow, but I might watch this one again because it seems like a fairly interesting plot ...

• Like 2
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1

I used to be one of those folks that tended to watch ALL THE THINGS, and tended not to drop very much. I was younger, much more bored with life, with not nearly as much going on in my day to day existence. My standards for entertainment were lower than they now are, so I didn't really care that much about watching anime that were less than incredible.

These days, I'm much, much, much stingier with my time, and not at all against the idea of dropping anime. In fact, to be honest, I'm fairly certain that I've dropped more anime than I've watched to completion during 2016 and 2017. Heck, just yesterday I dropped A Silent Voice halfway through the movie (for reasons Cy~ talked about in the movie's thread). :?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I watched about 4 or 5 episodes of Rosario+Vampire because my brother didn't (and probably doesn't) know that I like Romance, Harem or Reverse Harem and stopped for 1 day when my brother was watching every move I was doing. So when I stop for just a day, I lose interest in that anime. Diabolik Lovers and Dance With Devils are an exception. Why? IDK. Then there's Love Stage! The plot was very interesting.But I stopped because Yaoi just...seemed weird later on. But I'd recommend it. It's an awesome anime for all those Yaoi fans out there. I watched 4 episodes for Naruto, then stopped because it had too many episodes. The same with an anime called "Zach Bell!" which my cousin recommended (you know I talk too much, right? He's 6 years old) I watched about 8 episodes only.

That's all. All of those anime are awesome! I'd recommend all of them.^_^^_^^_^^_^

• Like 2

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/ColuSeven&view=list&status=4

I have dropped a few along the way

ACCA: 13-Ku Kansatsu-ka

•I just found it to be very boring

Bleach

•I liked it at first but then I feel it's just so drawn out and I lost interest

Durarara

•wasn't for me I guess

Fairy Tail

•same deal as Bleach

Hand Shakers

•I was intrigued by the art style, obviously not intrigued enough to keep watching

Kanon (2006)

•can't be bothered with it

Mnemosyne: Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi

•I don't remember why I dropped it. I don't even really remember anything about it either

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

•I find this show to be absolute garbage.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

I droped the melancholy of hasazuhamosamia.....or however the heck you spell it xD.

I only dropped ot just because i didnt have time, i might pick it back up soon.

• Like 1

Naruto Shippuden

Sakura's immaturity and selfishness when it came to Sasuke. Those fillers! The end of the Pain arc. :sick:

Inuyasha

Yeah. We'll defeat Naraku eventually..........:meh:

Dragon Ball Kai

Boooo. This was just meh.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Another I dropped a while ago- Katanagatari. I liked the art style, action, and storyline, but found the dialogue in the first few episodes extremely obnoxious, especially with the bad guys. I've heard some great things about it and I'll probably give it another chance because it's done by the same studio that did Stein's Gate and Re:Zero.

I used to be one of those folks that tended to watch ALL THE THINGS, and tended not to drop very much. I was younger, much more bored with life, with not nearly as much going on in my day to day existence. My standards for entertainment were lower than they now are, so I didn't really care that much about watching anime that were less than incredible.

These days, I'm much, much, much stingier with my time, and not at all against the idea of dropping anime. In fact, to be honest, I'm fairly certain that I've dropped more anime than I've watched to completion during 2016 and 2017. Heck, just yesterday I dropped A Silent Voice halfway through the movie (for reasons Cy~ talked about in the movie's thread). :?

Truuuu. When it came to anime especially, I watched pretty watched much anything without a care in the world as a youngin'. "This anime sucks" was no where in my vocab at the time. I do judge them more harshly now as an adult, even taking issue with some of the little things wrong. Had I watched Naruto right now, I probably would've dropped it early on like ItsSammy did.

• Agree 1

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/ColuSeven&view=list&status=4

I have dropped a few along the way

ACCA: 13-Ku Kansatsu-ka

•I just found it to be very boring

Bleach

•I liked it at first but then I feel it's just so drawn out and I lost interest

Durarara

•wasn't for me I guess

Fairy Tail

•same deal as Bleach

Hand Shakers

•I was intrigued by the art style, obviously not intrigued enough to keep watching

Kanon (2006)

•can't be bothered with it

Mnemosyne: Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi

•I don't remember why I dropped it. I don't even really remember anything about it either

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

•I find this show to be absolute garbage.

Panty and Stocking With Garterbelt is...inappropriate.

• Agree 2

Naruto Shippuden

Sakura's immaturity and selfishness when it came to Sasuke. Those fillers! The end of the Pain arc. :sick:

Inuyasha

Yeah. We'll defeat Naraku eventually..........:meh:

Dragon Ball Kai

Boooo. This was just meh.

My husband stopped watching Inuyasha for that reason and I'm pleased to tell you he and I just watched all of it thanks to a recent season that was released and wrapped everything up!

For me : Naruto, DZB, One Piece, Fairy Tail all because they're way too long especially if they aren't complete yet.

Panty and Stocking because even though I like the art and idea it's just too gross.

Attack on Titan because I don't care about the characters that have been the focus lately. Log Horizon for a similar reason.

There was a fantasy anime I can't think of the name of that had some magical girls (usually my favorite) but it had way too much fan service.

I also quit Scrapped Princess. It's super great but once you kinda get what's going on it's very preductable.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

I was drawn to the Rewrite anime as I really enjoyed a lot of other KEY titles (Angel Beats, Little Busters, Planetarian: The Reverie of a Little Planet)

But after just one episode, I was turned off by it and dropped it because I found it so disorienting, confusing and convoluted.

I think it was definitely aimed for people that have played the VN game who already had background knowledge of the universe and its characters...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I was drawn to the Rewrite anime as I really enjoyed a lot of other KEY titles (Angel Beats, Little Busters, Planetarian: The Reverie of a Little Planet)

But after just one episode, I was turned off by it and dropped it because I found it so disorienting, confusing and convoluted.

I think it was definitely aimed for people that have played the VN game who already had background knowledge of the universe and its characters...

You made a good choice. Rewrite ended rather poorly anyway and did not really have the feels that VNs from Key had.

What's with all this panty stocking hate? It's hilarious!.

Anime I dropped

Durarara - utter garbage

Darker than black - Too Slow

Attack on titan - Just. OMG No. Its so horrible like... Honey, why is this piece of **** popular

Death Note - Lost interest after best character dies

Naruto - Boooooring and bleach is way better

Seven deadly sins - Oh yay! Another anime like this!

Is it won't to pick up girls in a dungeon - Essentially got bored

Log horizon - Terrible

Love tyrant - so over harem comedy's now

Acca 13 - boring and ****** art

What's with all this panty stocking hate? It's hilarious!.

Anime I dropped

Durarara - utter garbage

Darker than black - Too Slow

Attack on titan - Just. OMG No. Its so horrible like... Honey, why is this piece of **** popular

Death Note - Lost interest after best character dies

Naruto - Boooooring and bleach is way better

Seven deadly sins - Oh yay! Another anime like this!

Is it won't to pick up girls in a dungeon - Essentially got bored

Log horizon - Terrible

Love tyrant - so over harem comedy's now

Acca 13 - boring and ****** art

I agree with your thoughts on a few of these, especially Attack on Titan, which were my sentiments exactly.

As for your question, I do not know, since I never watched the show, but people just have different tastes.

• Informative 1

I agree with your thoughts on a few of these, especially Attack on Titan, which were my sentiments exactly.

As for your question, I do not know, since I never watched the show, but people just have different tastes.

Oh i know. It's just "Inappropriate" as some called it is subjective and I'll argue till the day i die. :)

• Like 1

Rewrite was an interesting one. I actually watched the first season all the way through. Disgusting CGI, and the plot was a bit loose and had not much of a direction. Wasn't even much of a story. But I watched it and it was okay.

Rewrite Moon and Terra, the second season, that's the one I dropped. First few episodes were okay, but after that it just turned into a complete mumbling mess. I too found it disorientating, confused and definitely convoluted.

I've dropped the following, all together:

• Fairy Tail
  • Fate/stay night

• Pokemon D&P
  • Pokemon X&Y
  • Rewrite Moon & Terra
  • Your lie in april
  • Izetta: The Last Witch

The only reasons that I dropped these were that they just weren't interesting to me, some were pretty good, they just had no appeal for me or they were boring :P

I might pick some of them up again, who knows. Fairy Tail makes good train journeys, I've found. :3

Rewrite was an interesting one. I actually watched the first season all the way through. Disgusting CGI, and the plot was a bit loose and had not much of a direction. Wasn't even much of a story. But I watched it and it was okay.

Rewrite Moon and Terra, the second season, that's the one I dropped. First few episodes were okay, but after that it just turned into a complete mumbling mess. I too found it disorientating, confused and definitely convoluted.

I've dropped the following, all together:

• Fairy Tail
  • Fate/stay night

• Pokemon D&P
  • Pokemon X&Y
  • Rewrite Moon & Terra
  • Your lie in april
  • Izetta: The Last Witch

The only reasons that I dropped these were that they just weren't interesting to me, some were pretty good, they just had no appeal for me or they were boring :P

I might pick some of them up again, who knows. Fairy Tail makes good train journeys, I've found. :3

Mind if I ask what specifically about what Your Lie In April had wrong with it that caused you to drop it? Even as someone who has tired of a lot of tropes that it without a doubt has, I find it every enjoyable and interesting, so I'm very curious about what kept you from finishing it.

• Like 1

Mind if I ask what specifically about what Your Lie In April had wrong with it that caused you to drop it? Even as someone who has tired of a lot of tropes that it without a doubt has, I find it every enjoyable and interesting, so I'm very curious about what kept you from finishing it.

I only got one episode in before thinking "nah."

I found it boring, there was nothing that immediately got my attention so I just didn't bother after that first one.

I may go ahead and try again one day, I won't rule that out!

I went in with impossibly high expectations too so that probably led me to be a little bit disappointed.

Well, I tend to be very picky about what I start in the first place and tend to do a lot of digging for info before I do. So, I've not started watching anything and then dropped it. Any anime I've stopped has been due to general apathy and I do intend to restart them all at some point in the future.

• Like 1

Angel beats - couldn't handle the sadness

Bleach - too many spoilers

One piece- too much to catch up on

Magi: labyrinth of magic- loved it too much didn't wanna ruin the fact that I could still watch it

Naruto - cuz I read it

• Like 1

• Geano locked this topic