Anime you stopped watching

The Bunk

I went in with impossibly high expectations too so that probably led me to be a little bit disappointed.

This is exactly why I try to avoid series with a lot of hype or just look through things on my own.

Nowadays, whether it is something I read or watch, I do not expect too much, except maybe a good story or comedy.

Unfortunately, this kind of attitude has led people to tell me that things will be great if I think they are going to be at the time I go in, when they do not understand that such an optimistic stance will only go so far.

Edited by Guest
  • Agree 1

I only got one episode in before thinking "nah."

I found it boring, there was nothing that immediately got my attention so I just didn't bother after that first one.

I may go ahead and try again one day, I won't rule that out!

I went in with impossibly high expectations too so that probably led me to be a little bit disappointed.

That can indeed be a problem. Having too many expectations be they high or low, can make or break the enjoyment of any form of entertainment. That's why I always either try to avoid hype or negativity altogether, or do my best ignore them, so that I can try to enjoy a show for what it is, without thinking about the opinions of people who may or may not agree with it. Also, I can't think of a single anime I've ever seen where it's first episode had me so hooked into the show that I knew I'd watch it till the end without fail. Even in a shorter anime like Your Lie in April, it does take a few episodes to become truly engrossed.

• Agree 2

Actually, at this point, I may as well say I've dropped anime entirely. Who knows when I'll ever bother watching it again

I honestly think I am the same way. I haven't watched a whole season of an anime in quite some time now. The only reason I stay in the community is because I love anything and everything Japanese. The different communities are some of the friendliest people you will ever meet, and that's what I love. I like anime, I just never have any time to watch it anymore.

Actually, at this point, I may as well say I've dropped anime entirely. Who knows when I'll ever bother watching it again

Your probably just in your down season? This happens to me and my friends. Some binge for like 1 month. One month can't watch anymore. Binge for another month. I think it's normal.

I went into a slump of watching anime for years, and even resolved myself to only ever watching movies, because that's all I ever had time for, but I'm almost more into anime than I've ever been. Perhaps you'll end up like me, where it lasts for a while, and then you get back into it. Who cna say for sure.

Your probably just in your down season? This happens to me and my friends. Some binge for like 1 month. One month can't watch anymore. Binge for another month. I think it's normal.

Yeah, I always stop watching for several years before finding interest in it again. It's nothing new for me. I've never really been super into it anyway though

• 2 months later...

hmm, I haven't really dropped anything, although I am really close to dropping Koi to Uso and Sakurada Reset and Ange Vierge, but I'd rather keep 0 Dropped and 0 on hold so my list looks pretty

Also don't like dropping anime, just prefer going through

I've dropped durarara

I watched a few episodes of Durarara but ended up drifting away from it since I got busy. It was quite entertaining while I was watching though, I also adore Izaya Orihara already because he's just great fun, mysterious and very much reminds me of my roomie, @SAO LILDOOP ... They both have the same sort of looks about them, both dress very well, both quite crazy and the scene of Izaya skipping just put me over the edge because it was so much like my roomie.

Adorable!

Orihara.Izaya.full.1156322.jpg

Aside from Izaya being absolutely amazing and instantly being my favorite in the show, the plot seemed interesting, the characters were all intriguing, the art was very nice and the voice acting was great.

The only reason I've drifted away from the show is because I haven't watched any Anime in a while ... I'm busy with a lot of stuff right now, but I do plan on getting back into the Anime scene ...

Orihara.Izaya_full.1156322.jpg.d897990e7fbb0d9c8b602a6597540dd1.jpg

I watched a few episodes of Durarara but ended up drifting away from it since I got busy. It was quite entertaining while I was watching though, I also adore Izaya Orihara already because he's just great fun, mysterious and very much reminds me of my roomie, @SAO LILDOOP ... They both have the same sort of looks about them, both dress very well, both quite crazy and the scene of Izaya skipping just put me over the edge because it was so much like my roomie.

Adorable!

Aside from Izaya being absolutely amazing and instantly being my favorite in the show, the plot seemed interesting, the characters were all intriguing, the art was very nice and the voice acting was great.

The only reason I've drifted away from the show is because I haven't watched any Anime in a while ... I'm busy with a lot of stuff right now, but I do plan on getting back into the Anime scene ...

I stopped watching Durarara also for basically the same reasons ... nothing wrong with the show; it still interests me but I'm just distracted by other life and other anime shows ^^"

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I stopped watching Bleach when I was finishing high school. ( since I started when I was in 9th grade ) Reminded me of my friend who treated me bad ( since we both liked it )  so every time I watched it, It was hard for me and felt bad.. Sounds lame buts it's true. That's one anime I couldn't stand for a while, also prob wont every want it again.. 

I regret to say that I've dropped Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. I think it's worth a try for anyone else, though.

Well, basically because I found out about the hard aftermaths of an earthquake and assuming I get terrified easily.. kind of a weird reason for me, I know.

I never had an opportunity to watch Anime One Piece but I saw the first 40 episodes and I felt bored. Overall, I skipped a lot of episodes and watched Episode 300 and so on but the same feeling. It's just too much and many many episodes. This Anime did not attract my attention even though I loved many of the characters in it. Same thing goes with Attack on Titans 2 because of the Manga (spoilers).

And of course, the sad anime because I already watched Plastic Memories and SukaSuka and i cried. too much to me to handle.

• Geano locked this topic