Episode Discussion Improvements

Optic

This kind of sounds like a neat idea.

I wish I could do something similar on my blog, but I only have access to categories and tags, and have not really delved into the category stuff.

• Friendly 1

Personally I like it. It looks more organized and is easy to follow. If I had any issue with it, it's that it might be confusing for new members to understand, and this thread might not quite explain it, but realistically, that can either be solved by people simply asking about it and having anyone one of the current members explain it, or by adding in a simple sticky thread that explains it in slightly more detail than this one currently does. Either way, it's a simple issue that requires little to no action that I thought was worth bringing up, just in case and because I think it's important to make sure anyone who wonders on here who is lost for whatever reason can understand it. I think in terms of those who may have mental disabilities, because I have a few myself, and although I can understand it with no issue, anyone who has more sever versions of what I have or that might have other conditions that could be problematic for them here, should be given anything they need to understand whatever it is that could confuse them, even if it doesn't confuse anyone else.

• 2 weeks later...
I wish I could do something similar on my blog, but I only have access to categories and tags, and have not really delved into the category stuff.

Yes indeed, it's more trickier for us as we have a combined forum, blog and anime review pages so I've restricted tagging to just the forums with RSS feeds. As you can imamgine once you've organised your content in a certain way, it becomes very tiring to change it later if you decide to later change your mind. I will admit I've done that many times here on AF... thankfully, this bar is one of the last pieces of the puzzle for us. ;)

Personally I like it. It looks more organized and is easy to follow. If I had any issue with it, it's that it might be confusing for new members to understand, and this thread might not quite explain it, but realistically, that can either be solved by people simply asking about it and having anyone one of the current members explain it, or by adding in a simple sticky thread that explains it in slightly more detail than this one currently does.

The end goal is when all the episode threads have this (for titles that have at least 3+ episode threads) then it should be intuitive enough for visitors and members to just jump in and use it as soon as they see the bar, no matter which episode or general discussion thread they enter from. :angel: