Favourite idol anime titles?

Optic

Idol anime typically feature characters that perform beautiful songs with visually beautiful costumes and an underlying story.

Some of my favourites include:

• Love Live! School Idol Project: the story of trying to save their school from closing was rather touching and full of energy. The later title Love Live! Sunshine! though I didn't like much at all - as it was shadowing the original characters way too much..
  • The iDOLM@STER: I'm still watching this one, and think this is my most favourite by far. Go go 765 Production!
  • The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls: the production values in this was better and I found this one quite good, and had a really cute nekogirl but it became rather bleak in some parts towards the end.

Surprisingly, some of the themes in idol anime can become a little dark too as the performers are of course still living normal lives outside of their work.

love-live-school-idol-project6.thumb.jpg.14f900d6cee1e8ddada5453cb4c527ce.jpg

What are some of your favourite titles?

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

I can sadly only think of the ones you mentioned Optic :(

In regards to this, Love Live is a big favourite with me <3

So frickin' kawaii!!!

Minami Kotori for life <3

I heard rather great disappointment was noted for the English dub of Love Live.

Meh, some people just can't be satisfied -____-

• Like 1

Love Live! School Idol Project: the story of trying to save their school from closing was rather touching and full of energy. The later title Love Live! Sunshine! though I didn't like much at all - as it was shadowing the original characters way too much

But Optic-senpai, didn't you think the relationship between Chika and Riko was sweet?

I heard rather great disappointment was noted for the English dub of Love Live.

Meh, some people just can't be satisfied -____-

I think with music anime in general, people might find it weird to go between the english and japanese voice for when characters are singing.

• Like 1

Okayyyy <3 So I just freaked out when I saw this cause I've been watching some animes with Idol groups lately due to the fact that some of them have reverse harems <3 Lels. Obviously I don't have anything to be fangirling about <3

• B-Project Kodou Ambitious <3
  • Tsukiuta The Animation and of course who would forget
  • Uta no Prince-sama!!!!! <3

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't really watch anime with idols. They have a lot of songs and I have to skip them since I think that they're SO ANNOYING.

Other than that, I personally love Uta No Prince-sama even though I think that the songs are not good. But the anime IS kinda good.

• Like 1

I don't really watch anime with idols. They have a lot of songs and I have to skip them since I think that they're SO ANNOYING.

Other than that, I personally love Uta No Prince-sama even though I think that the songs are not good. But the anime IS kinda good.

Oddly, I found the songs are pretty good and the anime in general isnt that exciting to me lol

• Geano locked this topic