Need help finding anime? Ask here!

Greeneyes

18 minutes ago, KuroSushi said:

I am looking for an anime I watched a while ago that is about a male student who joins a club that deals with problems. He solves them by turning himself into an enemy to make others bond with each other to hate him.

Hmm. Sounds a lot like "My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong As I Expected."

Edited by Kuuhakutino
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

On 11/10/2017 at 2:36 PM, mia159753 said:

Hey Greeneyes I am looking for an anime to watch. I have watched so many but I feel like I'm in a slump and need a good comedy. Not a stupid comedy but a good one. Could you please help me?

Here are some Comedy's I found really funny and some I think you would to!

Assassination classroom+1

Lucky Stars +1

Miss Kobayashis Dragon Maid

No game no life +1

Shounen Maid

One Punch Man +1

Mob Psycho 100

• 9 months later...

Hi everyone!

I'm new here, actually just subscribed because I am dying to find the name of this Anime but no matter what I write in the search bar in google, can't find it!

If I'm not mistaken the anime is about a girl who wants to prove that girls can be waitress/butlers as well so she dresses up as a boy to enter a competition that it's held. She is teamed up with a blonde (I believe he was blonde) boy and they end up falling in love. During one of the last episodes, he hurts himself (or is ill?) but keeps on going because he knows how much the girl (dressed as a boy) wants it.

I also have an image of someone playing violin or piano but it might be something else.

P.s. She has brown hair :)

Thank you so, so much!

Anna

3 hours ago, anna said:

Hi everyone!

I'm new here, actually just subscribed because I am dying to find the name of this Anime but no matter what I write in the search bar in google, can't find it!

If I'm not mistaken the anime is about a girl who wants to prove that girls can be waitress/butlers as well so she dresses up as a boy to enter a competition that it's held. She is teamed up with a blonde (I believe he was blonde) boy and they end up falling in love. During one of the last episodes, he hurts himself (or is ill?) but keeps on going because he knows how much the girl (dressed as a boy) wants it.

I also have an image of someone playing violin or piano but it might be something else.

Thank you so, so much!

Anna

We feel as though we know the anime that you're talking about, but cannot place it at all. Google isn't being too helpful either since it just keeps on brining up Mayo Chiki!, which we highly doubt is what you're looking for.

For the moment we'll just mention Ouran High School Host Club, which fits most of the points, except the motivation for becoming a butler (actually a host, but close enough).

If we remember, we'll reply again.

@anna  Any way you can describe the timeframe/era you saw this anime?  Was this recent (last few years), not so recent (2000-2005) or what?  If you can give us a year you saw it (and if it was new then or old), it would help significantly.

7 hours ago, anna said:

Hi everyone!

Thank you so, so much!

Anna

Mmmmm makes me think of Charlotte from IS (infinite Stratos but I haven't watched it in so long its not IS but it reminds me of that anyway can you give details such as why they entered a completion or what it was. Eye colors, art style, older or newer anime, when you watched it, any plot details, who is the MC.. More details if possible

19 hours ago, Beocat said:

@anna  Any way you can describe the timeframe/era you saw this anime?  Was this recent (last few years), not so recent (2000-2005) or what?  If you can give us a year you saw it (and if it was new then or old), it would help significantly.

I believe it was probably around 2010-2015. It felt modern at the time. 

I remember this couple of two young boys a blode one and one with dark hair, the dark haired one is actually the girl.

If I'm not mistaken she used to work in a cafe or something and she and her friends/collegues are mad because they can't host or something. So she disguises herself and goes to the selection for this competition.

I don't remember much else though. The blonde guy (I believe he is blonde, or has light hair), the fact that they wear tuxedos, they have to waiter, present the food and be the perfect host. It's all about the competition, and she and the guy have to beat the other two bests. they arrive at the end and maybe there are also the other girls doing the competition disguised but they lost before.

I really don't remember anything else but that :( It's just this moment of him being hurt but keep going for her and only falling when they are over. or something. he also played the piano or the violin maybe.

21 hours ago, the_twig said:

We feel as though we know the anime that you're talking about, but cannot place it at all. Google isn't being too helpful either since it just keeps on brining up Mayo Chiki!, which we highly doubt is what you're looking for.

For the moment we'll just mention Ouran High School Host Club, which fits most of the points, except the motivation for becoming a butler (actually a host, but close enough).

If we remember, we'll reply again.

It's not Ouran High School Host Club, I tried watching that but mine was all about this competition and the girl wanting to be a boy to prove that girls can be butlers/hosts too. The one who keeps coming up to me is Maid Sama but it's a completely different story. They are basically in this school. the guys they have to beat might had white uniforms at the start. They maybe owned a cafe on the other side of city but I might be mixing another anime who had something to do with cooking.

@anna So doesn't match your description perfectly (I think you might have 2 anime mixed up...), but every time I read your descriptions they scream to me Bonjour Sweet Love Patisserie and it is in the right timeframe. Check it out and let us know....  It has a series too...

2 hours ago, Beocat said:

@anna So doesn't match your description perfectly (I think you might have 2 anime mixed up...), but every time I read your descriptions they scream to me Bonjour Sweet Love Patisserie and it is in the right timeframe. Check it out and let us know....  It has a series too...

It felt a bit more modern, the colors were brighter. It probably didn't have anything to do with cooking but it was certainly a competition where she dressed as a boy. Too Bad I can't find it :( Hopefully I'll forget about it ahahaha

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:59 PM, anna said:

I believe it was probably around 2010-2015. It felt modern at the time. 

I remember this couple of two young boys a blode one and one with dark hair, the dark haired one is actually the girl.

If I'm not mistaken she used to work in a cafe or something and she and her friends/collegues are mad because they can't host or something. So she disguises herself and goes to the selection for this competition.

I don't remember much else though. The blonde guy (I believe he is blonde, or has light hair), the fact that they wear tuxedos, they have to waiter, present the food and be the perfect host. It's all about the competition, and she and the guy have to beat the other two bests. they arrive at the end and maybe there are also the other girls doing the competition disguised but they lost before.

I really don't remember anything else but that :( It's just this moment of him being hurt but keep going for her and only falling when they are over. or something. he also played the piano or the violin maybe.

This anime I believe is Class President is a Maid

Just now, kfar70 said:

This anime I believe is Class President is a Maid this is an episode that happens after shes been propositioned by the private school. This is one of my favorite animes although I do have to say I preferred the original fan dub to the official dub

@anna last guess....  . Aoharu x Kikanjuu. I think this is the only other host club type of anime I can think of. Never watched it, just have heard about it. I know the girl hides her gender for the club and ended up there due to possibly settling an injustice. I think they are not all that butlery...

On 8/1/2017 at 8:05 PM, jryan1776 said:

Hi all,

I'm an avid anime fan. Recently I told a friend of mine about my hobby of watching anime, and he was intrigued. He tasked to send him a link to one episode to watch... He's not one who would usually be interested in any animation, but I had mentioned the characteristics that keep me drawn to anime. I am hoping that someone could help me find an anime 1st episode that would be the best possible chance of setting the anime hook.

Here are the things that I mentioned that have sparked his curiosity. I know that there are tons of anime that reflect these, but I'm looking for something special.

1. Respectful of people / elders

2. Working hard to achieve a difficult goal

3. Good hearted character

4. Hard to stop watching

5. Sports related could help

Now that I wrote that list, it seems silly :-), but hopefully there will be some good ideas. Here are a couple that I thought of.

- Haikyuu! (leaning towards this right now)

- Mahouka No Rettousei (the 1st episode brother/sister relationship is probably too over the top for him)

Thanks!

I have suggested anime to alot of people, the first anime I tell everyone to watch has always been Death Note I dont know why but that anime has something in it that everyone can enjoy, if someone has never watched anime before and is not familiar with anime I think Death Note sure does the charm to hooking them in.

On 8/19/2018 at 1:20 PM, NerxusGrave said:

I have suggested anime to alot of people, the first anime I tell everyone to watch has always been Death Note I dont know why but that anime has something in it that everyone can enjoy, if someone has never watched anime before and is not familiar with anime I think Death Note sure does the charm to hooking them in.

Nice

@anna Did Beocat or Kfar guess the anime?

Edited by Greeneyes

On 8/22/2018 at 7:39 AM, Greeneyes said:

Nice

@anna Did Beocat or Kfar guess the anime?

Nope :( It was either not very well known (I personally don't even know how I found it the first time ahaha) or my mind is tricking me into remembering bits who aren't in the anime.

Hello

I search anime horror with infinity tunnel

The train rode the cat and the train goes to the tunnel but he does not leave it.

This tunnel is infinity.

Everyone who left the train had a mask on his face. Leave the train=death.

Hey, signed up just to post in this thread. I need some new anime series and/or movies to watch. I am out of the loop and do not know where to look for this info anymore. I will list the anime I enjoyed. Maybe you can take a look and recommend some more that I can watch. 

Liked: Dragonball + z/gt .. even watched super. Gundam Wing. Bleach. Castlevania on netflix. Attack on Titan

Loved: Death note, Hellsing Ultimate, ONE PUNCH MAN!!! #1!! Samurai Champloo

Please help fill my time :)

36 minutes ago, Jimmyharts said:

Hey, signed up just to post in this thread. I need some new anime series and/or movies to watch. I am out of the loop and do not know where to look for this info anymore. I will list the anime I enjoyed. Maybe you can take a look and recommend some more that I can watch. 

Liked: Dragonball + z/gt .. even watched super. Gundam Wing. Bleach. Castlevania on netflix. Attack on Titan

Hrmm, I can think of a few you might enjoy.

If you're okay with an older show and art style, Yu Yu Hakusho might be up your alley. It's a shounen

If you're looking for a show that's gory and is just relentless kinda similar to Hellsing, give Black Lagoon a try. It's about a mercenary group and it's a pretty merciless show

If you like the psychological aspect of Death Note and want something that's intense and thrilling, try watching Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor. (It's about gambling, but that doesn't mean our protag necessarily wins just because of plot armor! Also the art style takes some getting used to, but the show is worth it imo)

Gundam 00 is pretty good if you're interested in another Gundam series.

Have fun if you give any of the shows a go!

On 8/23/2018 at 8:55 PM, Decimo said:

Hrmm, I can think of a few you might enjoy.

If you're okay with an older show and art style, Yu Yu Hakusho might be up your alley. It's a shounen

If you're looking for a show that's gory and is just relentless kinda similar to Hellsing, give Black Lagoon a try. It's about a mercenary group and it's a pretty merciless show

If you like the psychological aspect of Death Note and want something that's intense and thrilling, try watching Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor. (It's about gambling, but that doesn't mean our protag necessarily wins just because of plot armor! Also the art style takes some getting used to, but the show is worth it imo)

Gundam 00 is pretty good if you're interested in another Gundam series.

Have fun if you give any of the shows a go!

Black Lagoon it is

On 8/23/2018 at 8:09 PM, Jimmyharts said:

Since you enjoyed One Punch Man, maybe try Mob Psycho 100.  It has a similar art style & tongue-in-cheek manner (think it might actially be by the same writer)

Oh man one of my fav threads!

On 8/23/2018 at 5:38 PM, Derdo said:

Hello

The train rode the cat and the train goes to the tunnel but he does not leave it.

This tunnel is infinity.

Uhm what?

On 8/23/2018 at 7:09 PM, Jimmyharts said:

I dont feel comfortable recommending anime yet can you tell me what you liked about Deathnote, hellsing, One Punch Man and Samurai Champloo so i can get a better idea I have a extensive list but I dont want to recommend a bunch I think ull like but u not end up liking them..

On 8/23/2018 at 6:38 PM, Derdo said:

Hello

This tunnel is infinity.

Kinda sounds like Night on the Galactic Railroad, but not really 😓

I saw you help people find the names of shows Greeneyes so i figured id check here, I've been trying to find this show for a while now but i cant remember its name all i can remember is that it revolves around infinite stratos style mechs made to fight these demon looking things and the main character is a silver haired boy surrounded by girls and that hes got two of the mechs one blue and one black, and that the black one was used to destroy the previous kingdom. Maybe you can figure it out.

hopefully im not posting this twice, i tried to post this yesterday but i cant seen to find it