Need help finding anime? Ask here!

Greeneyes

Pretty sure you mean Flip Flappers 

... oops, looks like I got beat to the punch on that one. But yeah, it’s use of different visual styles  (all fantastic) was definitely memorable.

Edited by Ohiotaku

Sorry for replying late..

Hmm n MC girl transported to another world... I haven't seen any like that but I'll look, however, a quick search gave me this, Ill keep looking tomorrow.

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear

Any more details at all even if you are not sure if they are from the anime will help.

Edited by Greeneyes

I’m trying to find a anime show my buddy was watching in 2013. I can’t find it anywhere as I don’t know the name. I’ve googled shows etc and no luck. The show was about upper class men and under class men. It was mainly a female cast from I recall with male characters as well. The scene I remember is upper class men picking on an underclass men in a fight scene. It looked as if they were in a school basement arena of some sort. The one main female character was being attacked by a few upper class men if I recall correctly. But after she had been beaten up some how she turned into a great fighter They were all shocked and it looked like a good anime with the fight scene and what not. Take in mind I saw this in 2013 on his laptop and he had it downloaded to his hard drive so I can’t tell you how old it really is but if anyone can spout out titles or guesses at what they think it may be it will be greatly appreciated. Also this anime was dubbed so if that helps at all. Also I believe this anime did have nudity but not sure how much it was one of those get attacked and clothes are torn ones. 

Heyyy

I could really use some recommendations...

Do you have any tips for a kinda lighthearted anime, not very supernatural but more like ... happy...??

You know like just a cute little anime that makes you laugh and stuff, but not too cliche at the same time? Something similar to i dunno, fruits basket maybe? 

9 hours ago, Just me said:

Heyyy

Do you have any tips for a kinda lighthearted anime, not very supernatural but more like ... happy...??

You know like just a cute little anime that makes you laugh and stuff, but not too cliche at the same time? Something similar to i dunno, fruits basket maybe? 

Lucky Star is a pretty funny and good one no supernatural stuff.

These are others:

Castle Town Dandelion - This one is supernatural but not like most because it doesn't have MC's fighting to save the world or anything like that its an anime about a royal family of 9 ish kids in modern times, and they are to use their powers to help the people of their country to be chosen to become the next king. It's light-hearted and funny.

Chio's School Road - This one is about a girl named Chio and her journey to school.

Chunnibyuo - This one is about a Chunnibyuo=Otaku who is embarrassed about his past and meets a girl who is just like he used to be and she saw him act out is "finale seal" to put his past behind him but now she is stuck to him and his past.

Gabriel Dropout - This is about an angel who was sent t earth and when she got there she comes across the online world of games need I say more?

Blend S - This one is a girl who gets a ob at a coffee shop however when she tries to act nice she comes off as rude and scary mean however at this shop she plays the role as Sadistic and it is a perfect fit for her.

11 hours ago, Just me said:

Heyyy

As far as something that's just relaxing or cheerful but without any sort of romance, try Yuru Camp (just the OP lifts my spirits

If you don't mind some supernatural elements as long as it's not overdone, you might enjoy Flying Witch too

19 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun or Ouran Host Club come to mind

Thank you! I'll check em out! 

10 hours ago, Greeneyes said:

Lucky Star is a pretty funny and good one no supernatural stuff.

These are others:

Castle Town Dandelion - This one is supernatural but not like most because it doesn't have MC's fighting to save the world or anything like that its an anime about a royal family of 9 ish kids in modern times, and they are to use their powers to help the people of their country to be chosen to become the next king. It's light-hearted and funny.

Chio's School Road - This one is about a girl named Chio and her journey to school.

Chunnibyuo - This one is about a Chunnibyuo=Otaku who is embarrassed about his past and meets a girl who is just like he used to be and she saw him act out is "finale seal" to put his past behind him but now she is stuck to him and his past.

Gabriel Dropout - This is about an angel who was sent t earth and when she got there she comes across the online world of games need I say more?

Blend S - This one is a girl who gets a ob at a coffee shop however when she tries to act nice she comes off as rude and scary mean however at this shop she plays the role as Sadistic and it is a perfect fit for her.

Thank youuuuu! They all sound like something i'll enjoy! Now I have something to keep me busy for some time ;D. 

9 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

As far as something that's just relaxing or cheerful but without any sort of romance, try Yuru Camp (just the OP lifts my spirits

If you don't mind some supernatural elements as long as it's not overdone, you might enjoy Flying Witch too

Thanks a lot! Its nice to get a small pause from all the romance stuff! (The opening to Yuru Camp really cheered me up as well haha) 

On 4/27/2019 at 4:50 PM, Mgalvan12388 said:

I’m trying to find a anime show my buddy was watching in 2013. I can’t find it anywhere as I don’t know the name. I’ve googled shows etc and no luck. The show was about upper class men and under class men. It was mainly a female cast from I recall with male characters as well. The scene I remember is upper class men picking on an underclass men in a fight scene. It looked as if they were in a school basement arena of some sort. The one main female character was being attacked by a few upper class men if I recall correctly. But after she had been beaten up some how she turned into a great fighter They were all shocked and it looked like a good anime with the fight scene and what not. Take in mind I saw this in 2013 on his laptop and he had it downloaded to his hard drive so I can’t tell you how old it really is but if anyone can spout out titles or guesses at what they think it may be it will be greatly appreciated. Also this anime was dubbed so if that helps at all. Also I believe this anime did have nudity but not sure how much it was one of those get attacked and clothes are torn ones. 

Was the fighting like supernatural magical or normal martial arts?

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2019 at 6:03 PM, Laser1 said:

Hi: I'm having a hard time finding good eng subs for the: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=5024Shin Kyuuseishu Densetsu Hokuto no Ken Blu ray's I will appreciate if some one can help me locate some 

If you haven't tried this site here: https://animeheaven.es/detail/new-fist-of-the-north-star-dub.18193 I can look for more but this may be the best you get lmk.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hatzili said:

I've just finished Darker then black, thought it was amazing.

now i need something to watch, can someone help me?

I never actually finished Darker than Black, but based on my memories and the synopsis here are some possibilities (most are older series)

Eden of the East

Big O

Hakata Tonkatsu Ramens

Dimension W

Black Lagoon

C Control

Noir

Madlax

La Cazadore de la Bruja

Gunslinger Girl

Speedgrapher

Edited by Ohiotaku

I really liked OreGairu, Classroom of the Elite, and Kizumonogatari. What other anime are like these?

I tried Bunny Girl Senpai, but it didn't catch me for some reason. I've heard that Hyouka and The Irregular at Magic High School are good choices.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm looking for an old anime possible a movie made maybe in it's 90's or atleast the anime style is in it's 90's-2000's. It's something I seen long ago but can't remember. I do remember the concept revolving around "avatars", the internet world, and martial arts. I believe the main character is a tomboyish looking female who appears to be lazy but her avatar is one of the greatest fighters. The show starts off with a male character talking about these avatars and showing his inside the internet world and how important is to the real life. The female MC is tasked with fighting another avatar that I THINK is causing havoc in the internet world.

I remember a scene where the girl entire family shows up to support her. The family gathering began when the elder lady makes a call to everyone cutting to different scenes of the family members receiving the call some of them being cops, firefighter, etc... Another scene is the MC requiring a bigger and better cpu/mainframe so the family collects these huge pc's. As the show progress it cuts back to these cpu's overheating and the fam working together to cool it down so the mc can continue the fight.

• 3 weeks later...

I notice this thread is still decently active and I'm restarting my search for about the 5th time. I started back in around 2017 alone, posted on animelist.net and I found this after some on and off searching back in 2018, after high school, during summer and winter breaks

I've been searching for this anime on and off for about two years and I've seen some obscure animation from the Estima: Sense of Wonder commercial to the I love magikarp theme song for the club. 

The plot goes a woman (the wife) suddenly dies to Alzheimer or something when she (my memories hazy) supposedly due to the house burning down trying to iron a wedding dress or something for either her daughter or a suit for her husband. The characters are an elderly couple aged 50+.

After her death she becomes a ghost going about her daily routine. Her husband, retired (I think recently) became spooked at the ghost and tried to get a Buddhist monk or exorcist to make the ghost go away.

It was a harmless ghost doing the thing it did before it died so the exorcist let the ghost go. The husband followed and watched her routine for a year before her ghost dissipated, I searched under the tags:

Movie, supernatural, slice of life, special.

its an animation about 17-20 minutes long and 1 episode. I'm not sure if the status was completed or on-going. I originally watched it at least before 2017 maybe 2015 or 2016. It was sad and had a few disqus posts beneath the video. Originally watched on kissanime.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I need help finding this one anime I saw on youtube.

So there is this orange haired girl that moves in with a blue haired dude in highschool. They dont like eachother at first but connect more. The dude and two others do pole vaulting but then the blue haired dude messes up his foot and cant compete.

Then later on, orange hair and blue hair are going to college together, the girl is good at drawing and has a crush on some art dude. Blue hair dude has a crush on orange hair. She stops hanging out with him and their two other friends. Blue hair hooks up with some other chick.

Orange ends up liking blue and tells him to meet her at a bus stop or something but he's on a date with the other chick.

Orange is crying in the rain thinking blue wont show up. Blue shows up and then they date.

I really loved this anime, I cant think of the name but I remember a lot of the story. pls help

52 minutes ago, mcarandang2 said:

I used the tags "romance" & "sports" and I found a track anime called Suzuka from 2005-2006.  I hope this helps

I'm not sure what the answer to the original question is but I've seen Suzuka and I from the description I'm pretty sure that's not it.  Suzuka's (female lead) hair was blue, not orange, and Akitsuki, the male lead has black hair.  There's kind of a love triangle thing going on with another miko girl, and while there's a lot of sprinting and high-jumping going on there's no pole-vaulting.  No nobody gets a hurt foot either.  Might be worth watching but I don't think that's the anime Wifferr was looking for.

• 3 months later...

Hey, I have been stuck on finding this certain anime and it is driving me up the wall. In August/September 2019 I came across an anime ad on Facebook, clicked on it and watched about 10 mins of it. I was fairly into it. Anyway long story short I accidentally clicked out of the window and I couldnt find it again. The start of it was an old man (his back to the camera) hes writing down letters talking about his childhood. It jumps to him in 1942/1943 and hes at school and sees this girl. This girl doesnt have much money and has a little sister but her mum is unwell and she gives her a fruit of some kind. She claims she wants to become (I think) a teacher and the guy has fallen in love with her. It jumps to him being a soldier ( or training to be one) he wore a cap and luckily he is away from where the Hiroshima bomb goes off. He runs over to it and theres injured and rubble but also he thinks the girl he is in love with is under the rubble. ( and that's all I watched) If you or anyone else knows what anime this is, it would be very much appreciated. 

....I don't think this is it, but was there any video taping involved? Like I was thinking Millennium Actress....

Or maybe In This Corner of the World? Does this look familiar?

*side note, was it too long ago to check your browser history? Or did you already think of that?

• 1 month later...

um hi! well I need help :c

Welp Im looking for this anime about a spelling competition. It was one of the first anime I saw as a kid

it isn't that old but neither that new it almost has a similar style as Love Live but yeah about spelling.

It start with 3 or 4 girls (don't remember *^*) and them at a hotel since they traveled for the spelling competition and a scene I remember was one were they were in a pool or something 

like that... Oh it had also 2 girl who announced the spelling competition also one of them had pink eyes with a yellow star I think? 

I only saw the first episode...so... :c

I found it on Crunchyroll about 5 years ago.

I want to find it help!*^*