This Anime Season

IntoMyWorld

So i don't know if there is a thread yet but what Recently Releasing anime are you watching?

I'm suprisingly enjoying the new releases;

Hitirojime My Hero

Ballroom

Gamers!

I look forward to how they develop, at first i brushed Gamers off as another "Game Club", but it's actually quite Intelligent and humorous so far and offers what I feel, is a actual gamers take on situations. Might just be me XP.

Ballroom is filling my YOI (Yuri On Ice) void, depite not being Yaoi or ice skating T.T

And Hitorijime.... Weeeeel let's see where is goes :)

And if it stays clean...

I've actually watched the first epsode of Gamers! because it kept showing up and I couldn't help but be curious! >_<

[spoiler=HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS]As per usual, I went into this series blind. It's a nice change of pace to have an anime where people just play a game and not have to fight for survival. Not to mention this isn't about a RPG. I think that Karen is pretty friendly, but for now I'd say Amano is my favorite character since we don't see a lot of shy male characters in anime. I'm also intrigued to learn what the deal with his social game friend is.

Some of the comments they put on screen were obnoxious, but hopefully those don't become commonplace. There wasn't a lot of gameplay and they neglected to show the FPS matches and that was a bit of a letdown. It doesn't seem like there'll be too much fanservice (you wish) either.

I predict that this will be a 6.5 out of 10 series, I will consider continuing this if not many better anime pop up.

• Like 1

I am going to wait tell 3-4 Ep. of each new anime come out so I don't get the wrong impression on the first Ep... There is 1 I watched because It really interested called Restaurant to Another World witch wasn't bad so I'm looking forward to that!

I'm watching 13 series myself this current Summer 2017 season :)

You can see which ones they are in the What Anime Are You Watching Now? Thread :D

It's really difficult to try and pick a fave though because they're all really good at the moment IMO :P

I've actually watched the first epsode of Gamers! because it kept showing up and I couldn't help but be curious! >_<

[spoiler=HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS]As per usual, I went into this series blind. It's a nice change of pace to have an anime where people just play a game and not have to fight for survival. Not to mention this isn't about a RPG. I think that Karen is pretty friendly, but for now I'd say Amano is my favorite character since we don't see a lot of shy male characters in anime. I'm also intrigued to learn what the deal with his social game friend is.

Some of the comments they put on screen were obnoxious, but hopefully those don't become commonplace. There wasn't a lot of gameplay and they neglected to show the FPS matches and that was a bit of a letdown. It doesn't seem like there'll be too much fanservice (you wish) either.

I predict that this will be a 6.5 out of 10 series, I will consider continuing this if not many better anime pop up.

Oh well it was never going to be a top rating show. It's just a interesting distraction. And it's seems more "Real" than say a "D Frag" type game anime.

Oh well it was never going to be a top rating show. It's just a interesting distraction. And it's seems more "Real" than say a "D Frag" type game anime.

Look, I wasn't trying to say it was a terrible series, to me a 6.5 would still make something worth a watch. I was just expecting it to go down the usual anime route, if I were to give this anime the benefit of the doubt then I think it could be a 7.5, as there was some sweetness in the first episode.

It has pontential and a concept that hasn't been done that much.

I think I literally dropped everything but Boruto and Made in Abyss. I don't have any desire to catch up on any of the shows I haven't watched the last two weeks. There was potential in some of these shows as well and I just really started not caring.

I think I literally dropped everything but Boruto and Made in Abyss. I don't have any desire to catch up on any of the shows I haven't watched the last two weeks. There was potential in some of these shows as well and I just really started not caring.

NOOOO we must fix you NOW Start too care again....!!!:o:O:O:O:O:O WHY CRUEL WORLD

Look, I wasn't trying to say it was a terrible series, to me a 6.5 would still make something worth a watch. I was just expecting it to go down the usual anime route, if I were to give this anime the benefit of the doubt then I think it could be a 7.5, as there was some sweetness in the first episode.

It has pontential and a concept that hasn't been done that much.

Oh no! I know what you we're saying. I was just saying it felt original to me and that the style of anime is never going to match up to the legendary anime's so i didn't expect much from it. :)

• Friendly 1

made in abyss and kakagurui are the only anime i'm watching this season, the rest don't look too appealing to me but i hope i can find the motivation to check them out.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't exactly been very enthusiastic about this season from the beginning. The second or third seasons of previously aired anime weren't appealing to me, nor the new ones. Especially, since I really liked Spring.

However, these are still in my radar:

Welcome to the Ballroom

Violet Evergarden

Made in Abyss

Kakegurui seemed to be the anime that piqued my interest the most this season, but, my friend told me that it's not very interesting.

So, for now, I'm sticking with Boruto and Boku no Hero Academia season 2.

• Geano locked this topic