Hiya!!

honeyandblush

I'm so excited to be here! I have been an anime/manga love since I was about 12 years old. Really my interest in it goes back to the first time I ever watched Kiki's Delivery Service when I was probably five years old lol but I started watching and reading heavily in Junior High. Recently, my love has been re-inspired by my sister-in-law who is as obsessed like me! We are going to my first ever anime con in March , Sakura Con 2018! I am beyond stoked so let me know if any of you are coming too! I plan to cosplay as Honey from Ouran High School Host Club but in my own unique fashion lol I'm also looking for new anime recommendations. I've been watching a few of the Netflix reboots like Seven Deadly Sins and Little Witch Academia which basically describes the kind of anime I am typically into but I would love to try new genres too. Thanks for having me, and I look forward to chatting with everyone!

• Friendly 4

It's very nice to have you here. I'm glad to see someone who is so clearly passionate about anime joining the site. I hope you enjoy your time here and that the community finds you well (don't worry, they will). Welcome to the Anime Forums honeyandblush. ^_^

• Like 2

Hey hiya! I suppose I already gave you sufficient welcomes, but hey - the more the merrier, right? :)

My favorites, all of which I'd very strongly recommend are Clannad, Twelve Kingdoms, Spice and Wolf, and Azumanga Daiyo. :o

• Like 1

Welcome.... Man I wish I could go to Sakura Con 2018 If i am able I will surely let you know!! Hope to see you around AF!!!

• Like 1

Hey hiya! I suppose I already gave you sufficient welcomes, but hey - the more the merrier, right? :)

My favorites, all of which I'd very strongly recommend are Clannad, Azumanga Daiyo, Spice and Wolf, and Azumanga Daiyo. :o

Thanks zoop! I will have to check them all out. Azumanga Daiyo definitely looks my style as does Twelve Kingdoms

• Like 1

Thanks zoop! I will have to check them all out. Azumanga Daiyo definitely looks my style as does Twelve Kingdoms

I honestly can't gush enough about either of them! :)

Twelve Kingdoms, especially, is a marvelous epic with a wonderfully expansive universe and a lot of really great characters. :D

• Like 1

It's very nice to have you here. I'm glad to see someone who is so clearly passionate about anime joining the site. I hope you enjoy your time here and that the community finds you well (don't worry, they will). Welcome to the Anime Forums honeyandblush. ^_^

Thanks RepentantSky! I'm sure I'm going to have have an awesome time here! It is always great to find a place that is so welcoming and all about one of the things I love!

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

Welcome.... Man I wish I could go to Sakura Con 2018 If i am able I will surely let you know!! Hope to see you around AF!!!

GreenEyes, I definitely hope you can come to Sakura Con! It would be so amazing to meet up with fellow anime lovers I have met online! Since it will just be my sisterinlaw and I, my son and husband left at home, I have plans to do basically anything and everything I can while there, including meeting up with people!

I honestly can't gush enough about either of them! :)

Twelve Kingdoms, especially, is a marvelous epic with a wonderfully expansive universe and a lot of really great characters. :D

Cool! I will have to add it and the others to my growing list of need to watch animes. I have been rewatching some of the ones I grew up on too lol

• Like 1

Welcome to the community.

I hope you like it here, as everyone is fairly friendly.

Going to your fun con, huh? I am not a fan of the crowds, but some of them have panels that I would been interested in seeing.

• Like 1

Welcome to the community.

I hope you like it here, as everyone is fairly friendly.

Going to your fun con, huh? I am not a fan of the crowds, but some of them have panels that I would been interested in seeing.

It isn't my very first con ever but just my first anime con. I got to go to Emerald City ComicCon in 2014 and I loved it! But Im thinking SakuraCon will be even better because I'm told it is a smaller con so not as many crowds and everything. My sister in law went in 2013 and said it was super amazing! I loved the panels the best at the ComicCon because you got to ask questions and hear from your favorite people. I was able to talk to several of the voice actors from Legend of Korra and get their signatures in my art book. It was amazing!

• Informative 1

It isn't my very first con ever but just my first anime con. I got to go to Emerald City ComicCon in 2014 and I loved it! But Im thinking SakuraCon will be even better because I'm told it is a smaller con so not as many crowds and everything. My sister in law went in 2013 and said it was super amazing! I loved the panels the best at the ComicCon because you got to ask questions and hear from your favorite people. I was able to talk to several of the voice actors from Legend of Korra and get their signatures in my art book. It was amazing!

Never heard of Emarld City, but I found myself down in San Diego once during Comic Con and there were definitely a lot peopl, especially around Pacific Beach.

• Like 1

Never heard of Emarld City, but I found myself down in San Diego once during Comic Con and there were definitely a lot peopl, especially around Pacific Beach.

Yes San Diego ComicCon is crazy huge and has tons of people so it gets really crowded but I hear it is still a really fun Con. My friends have all been and they still go every year but I never had the chance to go. Emerald City is the Seattle Comic Con. I hear it just keeps getting bigger and bigger but I havent been in 3 years so Im not sure. I like both small and big cons for different reasons. Small cons give you more of an organic vibe, like meeting people is easier and you don't wait two hours to talk to an artist or actor. But big cons give you more events, more A list stars and just more of the super popular things.

• Informative 1

Welcome to the Community Honey-san! :D Can we see you in a Honey-shenpai Cosplay after the Anime con? If you'd like. Honey senpai was always cute in my opinion <3

Thanks! Yea I plan on being Honey-Senpai at least one of the days but in a nontraditional way ^_^ I was thinking of doing a lolita style dress or skirt and shirt look with the jacket over it and then a cutesy wig, so basically a more girly Honey. Honey and Mori are my fave characters but I wanted to dress as Honey jsut for that cutesy factor <3

• Friendly 1

Thanks! Yea I plan on being Honey-Senpai at least one of the days but in a nontraditional way ^_^ I was thinking of doing a lolita style dress or skirt and shirt look with the jacket over it and then a cutesy wig, so basically a more girly Honey. Honey and Mori are my fave characters but I wanted to dress as Honey jsut for that cutesy factor <3

You really have to let us see! <3

• Like 1

You really have to let us see! <3

I definitely will! I'm hoping to get some really good shots done at the con too. I am beyond excited lol 8 months needs to go by super super fast ^_^^_^

• Like 1

OMG!!!! HONEY-SENPAI!!! AAAAHHHHHH!!!!! I'M DYING!!!! TOO MUCH MOE!!!!!!!

Ahem. Please excuse my behavior. Where was I? Oh yes. It's so awesome to have someone being so passionate like anime! You must be a first-class otaku too! SO. AWESOME. You're SO LUCKY that you get to dress up...Anyways, isn't this an introduction? Yeah, I think so. So, WELCOME!! We're all friendly (I'm SUPER friendly, unless you eat Mr.Cake...) and...yep. My daily introduction routine is complete!

• Like 1

OMG!!!! HONEY-SENPAI!!! AAAAHHHHHH!!!!! I'M DYING!!!! TOO MUCH MOE!!!!!!!

Ahem. Please excuse my behavior. Where was I? Oh yes. It's so awesome to have someone being so passionate like anime! You must be a first-class otaku too! SO. AWESOME. You're SO LUCKY that you get to dress up...Anyways, isn't this an introduction? Yeah, I think so. So, WELCOME!! We're all friendly (I'm SUPER friendly, unless you eat Mr.Cake...) and...yep. My daily introduction routine is complete!

YOU ARE AWESOME! lol By far my fave welcomer lol And you are too sweet to call me a first class otaku :blush::blush: Ive been wanting to dress up FOREVER and am so excited that I finally get the chance! Thank you for being super friendly....and I promise I wont eat Mr.Cake lol It is so super awesome to be a part of a group with such amazing people!!

I definitely will! I'm hoping to get some really good shots done at the con too. I am beyond excited lol 8 months needs to go by super super fast ^_^^_^

Wahhhh, I'll be hoping for that!

Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your time here

Thank you!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hopefully you will enjoy your time here.

Thank you too and I already am enjoying myself :blush: I am so glad I found this community

• Like 2