What are some old animes you love(d), but no one remebers/knows/cares about it anymore?

katyC

What are some anime that you used to watch either as a kid or just in general that was amazing to you, but that NO ONE knows/remembers/cares about anymore? ouchthis-confused

onion-cupMine was Doraemon,Detective Connan and crayon shin-chan

Yesterday, I read from wiki that the Doraemon manga was first appeared in December 1969! wow, that's really old! And the anime series was first appears on 1973!onion-glasses

Lol, I remember I used to dance with that animes's OP and EN songs....onion-runonion-blushwell, it's not cute anymore cif I do it now cuz I grew up .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRq3fApeUUY

• Informative 1

Doraemon... I've never seen it, but it seems to be very iconic as I remember seeing it a fair bit during my travels in Japan. Definitely one of those titles that stand the test of time.

onion-relax

Only thing that comes to mind for me personally is American animations like Looney Tunes (1930s to 1960s) as well as Tom and Jerry (1940s). I really liked those series when I was younger though they're not overly popular anymore.

Pokémon first TV series was amazing, but it doesn't really count as the video games are still popular.

• Optimistic 1

Doraemon... I've never seen it, but it seems to be very iconic as I remember seeing it a fair bit during my travels in Japan. Definitely one of those titles that stand the test of time.

onion-relax

Only thing that comes to mind for me personally is American animations like Looney Tunes (1930s to 1960s) as well as Tom and Jerry (1940s). I really liked those series when I was younger though they're not overly popular anymore.

Pokémon first TV series was amazing, but it doesn't really count as the video games are still popular.

lol my favorite character in Looney Tune is tweety bird~~~onion-cup

I watched a lot of Tom and Jerry when I was little too, but I always root for Tom the cat. And I always love to watch those episodes where they become friendly and work together to fight another enemy (such as another bad cat).

onion-envy

Crayon Shin Chan, Doraemon.

Not sure if anyone still remembers, Super Bread Man.

Another Doraemon fan! *hug*

onion-runouchthis-envy

Well I guess there are people who still care about all cartoons and anime we just don't know the other fans. Most of the shows I know are still well remembered by others - I guess I will go with Chrono Crusade? You don't see many websites about that anime or many cosplayers.

• Like 1

I guess a lot of animes aren't remembered by others anymore is because the rapid development of the artstyle and the fans' constant change of taste.

ouchthis-shy.gif

I guess a lot of animes aren't remembered by others anymore is because the rapid development of the artstyle and the fans' constant change of taste.

ouchthis-shy.gif

Or maybe it has more to do with there being a lot more newer anime fans out there who would have not watched the older animes.

• Like 1

I remember watching Cyborg Soldier 009 when I was pretty young. I've not heard that one mentioned once since I discovered the internet. Sometimes I like to watch old shows when it's raining out. I'll add this one to the list as I literally just remembered it.

• Like 1

I remember watching Cyborg Soldier 009 when I was pretty young. I've not heard that one mentioned once since I discovered the internet. Sometimes I like to watch old shows when it's raining out. I'll add this one to the list as I literally just remembered it.

Or maybe it has more to do with there being a lot more newer anime fans out there who would have not watched the older animes.

Although I still love detective Connan..but I wouldn't watch it now because it are so many new animes on the internet .*feeling guilty*

Although I still love detective Connan..but I wouldn't watch it now because it are so many new animes on the internet .*feeling guilty*

Last time I checked ... I think I'm still in the 100-200 episode range. I lost my place and didn't feel like finding it again. Plus there's like 500+ episodes. Detective Conan is beyond re-watchable. You watch the whole thing through once and you'll have forgotten the beginning episodes. I'll re-watch short animes and sometimes longer ones if it's been awhile. Cyborg Soldier 009 is 48 episodes. Not too bad compared to Detective Conan, One Piece, Fairy Tail, or Bleach.

• Optimistic 1

Nadesico! That's one of the animes I loved a lot back in 2005 but I never have met anyone who has seen it too sadly! I really liked it! Same thing for Chibi Vampire, it's so funny, loving yet can be sad as well.

• Optimistic 1

Nadesico! That's one of the animes I loved a lot back in 2005 but I never have met anyone who has seen it too sadly! I really liked it! Same thing for Chibi Vampire, it's so funny, loving yet can be sad as well.

Oh yeah, I have heard of Nadesico but I never watched it. It was one of those old anime that were on VHS and when I would watch Evangelion on VHS there would be an ad for it

• Friendly 1

Oh yeah, I have heard of Nadesico but I never watched it. It was one of those old anime that were on VHS and when I would watch Evangelion on VHS there would be an ad for it

Very most likely! I watched it right after NGE, I also really enjoyed Bubble Gum Crisis =D

Usually the animes with over 100 episode are a lot more popular. Only Elfenlied from 2004 seems very well known =)

Anyone watched Gravitation?

• Friendly 1

Very most likely! I watched it right after NGE, I also really enjoyed Bubble Gum Crisis =D

Usually the animes with over 100 episode are a lot more popular. Only Elfenlied from 2004 seems very well known =)

Anyone watched Gravitation?

Hahaha the 100 ep animes get on my nerves! Why must they be so popular!! They have too much filler.

• Agree 1
  • Optimistic 1

• 2 weeks later...
What about Beyblade, DNAngel, Rozen Maiden, Chobbits, Fruit Basket, Shaman King, Shinzo, Mon College Knights, Medabots and so much more? xD

Barely anyone I know knew Shinzo =(

I read the manga series of Fruit Basket and chobbit.

cuz my older sister was a fan of fruit basket so we have the full collection of fruit basket manga onion-cup

I read the manga series of Fruit Basket and chobbit.

cuz my older sister was a fan of fruit basket so we have the full collection of fruit basket manga onion-cup

Did you like it? =D

Did you like it? =D

Fruit Basket's story plot is very unique and it's really good. the artstyle is very nice too except sometimes Natsuki Takaya seems to be a little sloppy at drawing the characters. so some of the panels would be like "Wow..so beautiful, she's really a pro" while some other panels would be like "= you can draw better than this."

And chobbit, CLAMP 's art style is always beautiful, but I think Fruit Basket's story is better than Chobbit.

• Agree 1

Fruit Basket's story plot is very unique and it's really good. the artstyle is very nice too except sometimes Natsuki Takaya seems to be a little sloppy at drawing the characters. so some of the panels would be like "Wow..so beautiful, she's really a pro" while some other panels would be like "= you can draw better than this."

And chobbit, CLAMP 's art style is always beautiful, but I think Fruit Basket's story is better than Chobbit.

Yeah I mainly thought chobbits was cute cause of Chii xD

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
What about Beyblade, DNAngel, Rozen Maiden, Chobbits, Fruit Basket, Shaman King, Shinzo, Mon College Knights, Medabots and so much more? xD

Barely anyone I know knew Shinzo =(

Well, Beyblade is still in existence till recently especially about 2 years back. Since back then I still worked in Toys"R"Us and there was this craze with the new series of beyblade

• 4 months later...

Anyone remember an anime about a half-deamon guy and his girlfriend from the future ?

Inuyasha people well worth a watch though it is quite lengthy so only attempt to watch if you have the time otherwise its just a great big

ball of awesome inuyasha_and_kagome_together_by_animetedlover-d64wb8t.jpg.870114b956260f5b03b143884b21c204.jpg

• Geano locked this topic