Japanese Instant Noodles

PunishableAnime

Hello dear anime fans,

This thread is about instant cup noodles from Japan. I've already eaten many instant noodles here in Europe (Austria) but the brands here have their locations here in Europe, so none of these were imported from outside the Europe. That's why I don't really know how "real" instant noodles from Japan taste like. Then I thought about ordering them online. But since I don't know anything about the japanese brands, I wanted to ask here for some help. So, does someone know any good japanese brand which makes good tasting instant noodles (spicy if possible). xD

Thank you for your answers! :D

Some noodles I found on Amazon (I don't know if they're japanese)

Download1.jpg.dd68ddfdf9506ae395e60ef8f2b55451.jpg

s-l1000.jpg.eb04d36a0dcb37e9176f26979f199bac.jpg

Download.jpg.eb03f43e9d910b84b12fad70570898a0.jpg

I'm not ultimately knowledgeable on the ramen line since I generally stick to the more keto-friendly miso soups. But there are a couple I can think of that are genuinely Japanese. Hakubaku makes organic noodles, which you can buy as either wheat ramen or udon, or buckwheat soba noodles. And if you're into soba (close to ramen, I mean,) there are Nong Shim soba instant noodles which also are packed with their own sauce. I see you also have Nong Shim up there; I believe those are indeed from Japan.

Thanks for your reply, I will go more into detail with those Nong Shim noodles and see if I can order them here. ^.^

• 1 month later...

I think that you should try an Ichiran Ramen if you like ramen, Nissin Gozen Kitsune Udon if you like udon, and Nissin Chilli Tomato Cup Noodle if you like noodles. But you must know and remember 2 things:

• I don't think that you can buy them online.
  • Remember to share them with me because yesterday was my birthday and if you don't share, Mr. Cake will hunt you down.

That's all I know for now. Hope it was helpful!!:):):)

download1-jpg.32840

I have these once in a while, and find them to be pleasant now and then, though I don't tend to be able to do them too frequently. they've also got a premium Black version of that soup, which is pretty good. you can see a taste test between the two versions here over here.

download-jpg.32842

this stuff, though, is my cheap food / lazy good bread and butter... the hot and spicy version, anyway. the fact that there's no super salty broth is kind of a nice change of pace, and makes it something that I'm capable of eating more frequently.

both of those pale in comparison to this stuff, though:

4808407061_3f0d5a48f6_b.thumb.jpg.6d6fa36ebb7f1354606c9d1864cad48f.jpg

sun ramen makes the noodles for a healthy chunk of American ramen restaurants... and uses the same noodles in their (admittedly hard to find at times) instant ramen kits. they use legit ramen flavors (their tonkotsu is the best imo), and have to be kept frozen. good stuff, though. with that said, they don't have the random veggie bits that you find in a lot of instant noodle packs, so they'd probably benefit from having a bit of green onion tossed in when serving.

• 2 weeks later...

All of those aren't Japanese... The first one is Chinese, the second is Korean and the third is Indonesian.

You can tell it's Japanese if it has Japanese kana, such as;

あおい, that is the first alphabet of Japanese (hirigana) and there is of course katakana: アオイ

Chinese letters are like this

你好

Korean is written like this;

ㅗ디ㅣ

of course Chinese letter are used in Japanese (called kanji).

But in Chinese, they are used all the time.

To taste 'real' japanese ramen, just go to a ramen bar. And to know if it's really good, you'll just see a bunch of aisan/japanese people around it, or otherwise, ask an aisan/japanese freind to take you to get some ramen!

And by the way, the mi goreng noodles aren't even ramen! They're indonesian noodles!