TV Shows

Greeneyes

I'm very big on game shows in particular, and several of which we do for the Game Show Megamix at cons.

Far and away, #1 on the list is the classic Press Your Luck. If you've never seen it, three contestants answer questions to win "spins", which they then get to take at a giant game board that has all different shuffling amounts of money and prizes on it. It's mainly known, however, as "that Whammy show", because of the red demons called Whammies who are scattered on the board waiting to take your money and subject you (and often himself) to cartoon humiliation.

, and to match,
. Hope you enjoy.

My favorite show is Sherlock.

It's honestly just so perfect and beautiful, every aspect of the show is so well done, and each character adds so much to the show ... There's absolutely no filler, every episode adds depth and development to the characters, even the side characters who only appear in one or two episodes give development to the main characters.

The main characters (Sherlock and John) are also just absolutely perfect, their relationship is so beautiful and they fit so well together.

The utter cuteness of these two is so contrasting to the actual show, circling around murder, crimes, death, and heart ache, somehow Sherlock and John always have this aura of cuteness about them and Sherlock can make any situation cute/funny.

The villains are very well done also, I absolutely love the contrast between Sherlock and the main villain of the show. The writing and acting for this shows is just pure brilliance, everything is so believable and well done.

I recommend this show very highly, it's absolutely beautiful, and it stole my heart and soul, so ... Yeah, it's just great.

Some cute lil' Sherlock and John pictures. ♥

59e217ab86e91_SherlockandJohn.jpg.959dde69eeae9fab8ad4825eb5168284.jpg

cool..thumb.jpg.015a5885b3062b9370f345cd703d61eb.jpg

59e217ab90007_cute.thumb.jpg.fc2240eb4bfa7d97b74915d2ca4bd016.jpg

59e217ab960ce_mycuties..png.f474124fb6663c16472ed31157e87f47.png

• Friendly 1

Oh Goodness me, where would I begin?

Me and my husband adore Sherlock and House of Cards, and Supernatural. But I don' watch a whole lot of TV, we mostly use Netflix. I'm more of the Animation fan with Futurama, Rick and Morty, My Little Pony, etc....but it's obvious at this point that we both watch Anime. But TV shows I can't give you a huge list on, we just...rarely watch TV.

The Wire

It's a crime-drama mainly about the drug war in Baltimore and how it impacts the people and each institution of the city (law enforcement, politics, street life, the seaport system, the education system, and the media.)

The gritty realism presented in the show is unlike anything I’ve ever seen on television. Every issue plaguing urban life is tackled with such brutal honesty and vivid detail that it's like you're witnessing real life unfold before your very eyes. The storylines are all given proper attention to highlight what the problems are and the actions being taken to resolve them. It makes it a fascinating watch exploring each section of the city and its relationship to crime and poverty. Even though there are clear “good guys” and “bad guys,” most have shades of gray which make their decisions and motivations understandable. The way everyone interacts with one another and their environment even shows a lot of similarities between them and the different world’s they’re a part of. It’s something you’ll rarely or not even see in standard police procedurals, because it’s so much more than that. The way the story portrays and connects everything together make it a truly profound experience.

Baltimore itself is pretty much the main character of the series, and the inhabitants are its humanity. And man oh man… there are tons of memorable characters all of whom are incredibly well-written and acted to pure perfection, especially Michael K. William’s portrayal of Omar- the greatest tv character ever imo. They feel like people you know or have seen in real life (and a lot of them are based on real people.) Whether it’s the cops, drug dealers, or even the politicians, the characters have depth and are given proper development. They are all relatable on some level and the situations they are thrusted into make it easy to cheer for them to crawl their way out. Even though we care for them, it makes it all the harder when you see a lot of them fall through the cracks. Sadly, it’s all in the game.

I have the likes of Breaking Bad, Fargo, and Sherlock in my top 10, but none have managed to achieve what The Wire has done. It may not be an easy watch unless you approach it with a mature mindset willing to learn, but I highly recommend it.

My favorite is still Castle the show is about a writer who is writing a book on a detective and he is following around detective for his novel he is seeing all these homicides to fuel his creativity...

As of right now my favorite show is Vikings, as the name might suggest the show is about vikings about their whole nation and how they conquer other countries and such what made me love this show so much is the complete lack of fear to kill off main characters and the amount of constant action, so it never feels dragged out at all and the best thing about it is that the series is built on history so what happens in there more or less happened in the past for real :)

and yes my decriptions are a bit all over the place.. just like my life atm ....

Edited by Guest

Spongebob Squarepants. :P I've been watching it ever since I can remember and I have to admit that even now I still watch it and give a lot of my time rewatching old episodes. My mum and dad always catch me watching some and says I'm too old for it but who cares. xD

• Like 1

Spongebob Squarepants. :P I've been watching it ever since I can remember and I have to admit that even now I still watch it and give a lot of my time rewatching old episodes. My mum and dad always catch me watching some and says I'm too old for it but who cares. xD

I'm 25 years old and still enjoy the hell out of it. Not a fan of the recent episodes tho

• Like 1

Outside of game shows, my main current shows are The Big Bang Theory (still got it after all these years), WWE (rough as it is to tolerate how they book it a lot of the time) and the new Mystery Science Theater 3000 (was a fan of the original, took part in the Kickstarter that revived it, forever making cracks at shows and movies since). And occasionally, my wife drags me into the silly narrations of the drama on Jane the Virgin, which I wouldn't even entertain at all if not FOR those silly narrations.

Breaking Bad

It was nearest to perfect show i have watched in 19 years of my life.

Character development, soundtrack, concept, story, everything about this show is so great.

The fact that it is so closely related to reasonable-reality makes it even better.

• 2 weeks later...

Orphan Black, mainly because the story is just insanely interesting (to me) and I just love how Tatiana Maslany (main actress) makes me believe all the characters she's playing are completely different people - she just has amazing acting skills in my opinion ^^

• 4 weeks later...

Lethal Weapon is my fave right now that me and my sister watch together. I think it was maybe a TV show first way back then but not sure. I know it was a movie as well. Based on how two cops join together and become partners and do there job. They both are complete opposites and both have interesting back stories. I like the actors who play the main characters and the show a lot. Very entertaining I think and I recommend it.