Yo!

promogensis

I´m totally new here, and I like the introduction thing going on here, so I guess I´ll have a go!

23year old male, living in Norway, and former navy NCO.

I´ve wanted to be a writer and entertain people of all walks of life for many years now, and so I have always been on the lookout for a good story.

That´s how I got into anime and manga, and the rest is history!

I´m really here to get along with people who love a good story, and I can read/listen to people talk about why they love their favorite story for hours!

Oh, and I´m also in search of a lost anime...yeah, for over ten years actually.....

Can´t wait to get to know some of you guys :D

This is my MAL profile:

https://myanimelist.net/profile/promogenesis

• Like 1

Hajimemashite! Welcome to the AF community! Or AF Train! Choooo! Choooo!

I´m totally new here, and I like the introduction thing going on here, so I guess I´ll have a go!

We do tend to get pretty much active in welcoming new members :D How do you find our community so far? And don't be too shy on joining the discussions Promo-chaaaaan cause we won't bite! *gives mashed potatoes*

I also like finding/reading a good book. :D I've read a few books (not educational) due to the smell actually and because it is a must at my school to read at least 5 novel books from our library. The library is too small though so I end up reading the same books every year :P

• Like 1

Hajimemashite! Welcome to the AF community! Or AF Train! Choooo! Choooo!

We do tend to get pretty much active in welcoming new members :D How do you find our community so far? And don't be too shy on joining the discussions Promo-chaaaaan cause we won't bite! *gives mashed potatoes*

I also like finding/reading a good book. :D I've read a few books (not educational) due to the smell actually and because it is a must at my school to read at least 5 novel books from our library. The library is too small though so I end up reading the same books every year :P

Whoa, thanks!

Yeah, the first thing I noticed is that this community seemed very friendly compared to other forums I´ve been to.

I guess that makes it very easy to join in the fun!

Haha, that´s hilarious!

:D

Welcome to the community.

I hope you like it here, as everyone is friendly.

I tend to read quite a bit myself and tend to like a good story, which I find a bit lacking where I live.

What anime do you like? By your avatar, I am guessing Birdy the Mighty might be one, but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

thanks!

I do! Everybody´s friendly and active.

Oh, that´s great. So there aren't many book/comic/manga shops where you live?

I love a lot of different anime, but my favorites are:

-FMA:Brotherhood

-Birdy the mighty: decode (yeah! you guessed it :D)

-FLCL/Fooly Cooly

-Neon Genesis Evangelion

-Gurren Lagann

-Cowboy Bebop

-Princess Mononoke

-Spirited Away

-Jin Roh: The wolf brigade

what´s your favorite anime? :D

thanks!

I do! Everybody´s friendly and active.

Oh, that´s great. So there aren't many book/comic/manga shops where you live?

I love a lot of different anime, but my favorites are:

-FMA:Brotherhood

-Birdy the mighty: decode (yeah! you guessed it :D)

-FLCL/Fooly Cooly

-Neon Genesis Evangelion

-Gurren Lagann

-Cowboy Bebop

-Princess Mononoke

-Spirited Away

-Jin Roh: The wolf brigade

what´s your favorite anime? :D

It's not that there are not enough, since other than UK, my country is home to a lot of writers. It is that a lot of it is garbage for one reason or another, at least in my eyes, which makes sense since people say I can be harsh in my reviews of books. I have only encountered maybe one or two writers alive today that I consider good, whereas there seem to be more mangaka that have impressed me.

As for favorite anime, I actually have a page online that lists them.

http://brycecampbell.me/anime.html

• Like 1

It's not that there are not enough, since other than UK, my country is home to a lot of writers. It is that a lot of it is garbage for one reason or another, at least in my eyes, which makes sense since people say I can be harsh in my reviews of books. I have only encountered maybe one or two writers alive today that I consider good, whereas there seem to be more mangaka that have impressed me.

As for favorite anime, I actually have a page online that lists them.

http://brycecampbell.me/anime.html

I feel the same way about writers in my country as well!

I´ve been reading frequently since I was about 16years old, but as I got older and started to go in depths as to what makes a good story, I began to dislike a lot of writers.

But I feel like I stepped into fresh air when I began to read manga, and watch anime.

• Like 1

I feel like I stepped into fresh air when I began to read manga, and watch anime.

I feel like that too, especially since I have seen stories that are rather unique in manga and/or executed a lot better.

They can be just as terrible as a book published here or in the UK, but it seems they are a bit more creative.

• Like 1

I feel like that too, especially since I have seen stories that are rather unique in manga and/or executed a lot better.

They can be just as terrible as a book published here or in the UK, but it seems they are a bit more creative.

Absolutely!

Welcome! I also love good stories. Honestly I probably read more books than anime/manga, but I still love a good anime once in a while. :D I hope you enjoy your time here as much as I have if not more.

Thank you so much!

Yeah, me too.

I only began to read manga/watch anime about a year ago.

I sure hope so :D

• 2 weeks later...

Yo! Feels kinda weird saying this since haven't really been on this site all that much, but welcome!

Oh, cool! A Norwegian! I'm a Swede, myself. It's always nice to meet other scandinavians.

Hey, a good story is most probably THE most important thing in any kind of fiction if you ask me. A good story and setting make the difference between a low-effort anime and a masterpiece.

I think you'll like this place. It's full of nice and intetesting people!

• Like 1

Yo! Feels kinda weird saying this since haven't really been on this site all that much, but welcome!

Oh, cool! A Norwegian! I'm a Swede, myself. It's always nice to meet other scandinavians.

Hey, a good story is most probably THE most important thing in any kind of fiction if you ask me. A good story and setting make the difference between a low-effort anime and a masterpiece.

I think you'll like this place. It's full of nice and intetesting people!

Thanks!

Yeah? that´s cool! I mean, we´re practically neighbors so it´s always funny stumbling upon other Scandinavians online :D

I totally agree with you!

Thanks a lot!

Nice to meet you.

In search for a lost anime I´ll never find.

It´s kinda a curse.

What anime? I'm curious. Im sure someone knows it here.

I´ve posted it on a thread, but I haven't come any closer to finding out what it´s named.

I saw it when I was around 10-11years old(2004-2006), and I saw only a few seconds because it was kinda violent and bloody.

Shortly after, I became curious so I tried to find it, but no luck. I guess you can say I´ve been searching for it for over 11years, so at this point I´m calling it a curse :'(.

Maybe you know something? have a go at this!

Scene:

A large black train(armored?) has stopped in the middle of a snowy field. It was cold, and the skies were grey. Suddenly a group of soldiers (all in uniform) charge the train. A beautiful caucasian woman, sleeping inside the train wakes up. Her room/compartment inside the train is large and more reminiscent of a hotel suit. She´s sleeping in a large bed. The woman, moves over to a stationary gun and begins to fire at the soldiers attacking the train. She´s firing through a small slit in the train, almost like a bunker.

The woman was naked and was trying to cover herself with fur/sheets/blanket while using the stationary gun.

-the woman was very beautiful. She had a light blonde hair color, and a very femme fatal vibe to her because she had no problem operating the stationary gun. For some reason or another, I have a feeling she was russian, or eastern european.

-The guns, train, and clothing were old looking. They all looked like something from a ww2 movie.

Other:

The animation was very good, and had a high quality based on movement, color, and lighting. Based on this, and that It was aired on a channel that had previously aired "steamboy", I believe that it was a movie.

It was very bloody, and contained nudity. I could see the breasts of the female, and a large part of her figure. Based on this I believe it must have been an adult anime.

Since I only saw a few seconds of it, and that it was so long ago, I have to accept that there is a possibility that I might have remembered something wrong, or that my memory has been changed over time.

Anyways, this is all that I have to go on.

Sry for the long reply.

HAHA! if you have any clue to what this might be, please message me :D I´m actually dying to know what anime this is!