Hello There

Lunabelle

I'm new here and just wanted to say hi!

A bit about me, I love talking about creative ideas and stories. I'm always interested in in depth analyzing of psychological plots or just general happy silliness!

Its been a while for me since I indulged myself in anime goodness. I think all of the social cultural messages of saying enjoying anime is a bad thing got to me... (anyone else have this experience?) So I neglected my passion for it for a while. Then recently I've discovered there are so many new anime and it is really such an amazing artwork on many many levels. So I'm reintroducing myself to it and trying to find new awesome anime.

I just watched Yuri!! on ice , and it was soooo good. I cried. and admired the fantastic animation and ballet like movement.

Anyways, that's a bit of nonsense from my head as a hello!

• Like 2

Manga was a huge part of my life growing up age 10-15. watching miyazaki films, discovering sailor moons and inuyasha... life changing! I attribute much of my creative passion to coming from being exposed to that awesomeness. I don't know what I would have done without it! its helped me through life many times.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

heya! o/

A bit about me, I love talking about creative ideas and stories. I'm always interested in in depth analyzing of psychological plots or just general happy silliness!

Those are definitely always fun things to engage in!

I think all of the social cultural messages of saying enjoying anime is a bad thing got to me... (anyone else have this experience?) So I neglected my passion for it for a while. Then recently I've discovered there are so many new anime and it is really such an amazing artwork on many many levels. So I'm reintroducing myself to it and trying to find new awesome anime.

The social stigma around anime is honestly really unfortunate, but I'm glad that you ended up finding your way back toward it! The art and animation quality that we're seeing these days are definitely light years ahead of what used to be available, so I think you've probably picked a good time to jump back into things!

The thread title got cut off and I don't know how to change it... t.t oh well.

Also, also! I went ahead and fixed that for you. ^^

Edited by Guest
  • Agree 1

hiya and welcome to the forums from me as well Lunabelle

feel free to come here and share your creative ideas and stories and silliness as much as you want as well as participating in any other forum activity or thread you feel drawn too , just have fun enjoying your self here

so ill see you in the forums then :)

The stigma is very silly! I once had an art teacher say that anime/magna wasn't really art. ?! talk about uncultured... Its pretty obviously just arrogance in most cases but as a youngster those kinds of messages can eat at your passion.

And I do agree, its a great time to start watching anime again! I'm just loving all the new beautifulness.

I feel I have a lot to catch up on!!

hiya and welcome to the forums from me as well Lunabelle

feel free to come here and share your creative ideas and stories and silliness as much as you want as well as participating in any other forum activity or thread you feel drawn too , just have fun enjoying your self here

so ill see you in the forums then :)

Thanks Wodahs. It is very welcoming here! I think I would like to share some ideas, I don't have others to talk to these days about such things! It would be fun just to see if anyone would find my story ideas as entertaining as I do. xD

• Like 1

Its been a while for me since I indulged myself in anime goodness. I think all of the social cultural messages of saying enjoying anime is a bad thing got to me... (anyone else have this experience?) So I neglected my passion for it for a while. Then recently I've discovered there are so many new anime and it is really such an amazing artwork on many many levels. So I'm reintroducing myself to it and trying to find new awesome anime.

I just watched Yuri!! on ice , and it was soooo good. I cried. and admired the fantastic animation and ballet like movement.

Anyways, that's a bit of nonsense from my head as a hello!

Again, welcome to the forum, Luna.

As for me, I love discussing anime, whether the anime is good or bad. That's why I joined this forum.

The advantage I had was that it was my sister who introduced me to anime, so, I had company at home. Plus, I usually discuss anime with people who I know watch it too. I learned my lessons when I was mocked too. But, that didn't deter me.

Can you name some of the new anime you watched?

Again, welcome to the forum, Luna.

As for me, I love discussing anime, whether the anime is good or bad. That's why I joined this forum.

The advantage I had was that it was my sister who introduced me to anime, so, I had company at home. Plus, I usually discuss anime with people who I know watch it too. I learned my lessons when I was mocked too. But, that didn't deter me.

Can you name some of the new anime you watched?

So far I've watched some of dbsuper, yuri on Ice, miss kobayashis dragon maid, blue exorcist, ancient magus bride and orange.

I want to watch one called berserk as well because I enjoyed reading some of the manga.

Yeah, I had some family who introduced me to anime as well and some good comrades. It helps alot!

What I find funny is that often the very thing being shunned Is actually super healing. I got a bad rap, almost as if being passionate about anime was a sort of disability or social outcast. :/ maybe kind of extreme but that was my experience anyways. could be the demographic of where I grew up.

Ive found as ive grown it actually helped me to be emotionally healthy, happy and creative.

I should start a forum about this, I have a lot lf thoughts on this topic! maybe others have had similar experiences?

So far I've watched some of dbsuper, yuri on Ice, miss kobayashis dragon maid, blue exorcist, ancient magus bride and orange.

I want to watch one called berserk as well because I enjoyed reading some of the manga.

Yeah, I had some family who introduced me to anime as well and some good comrades. It helps alot!

What I find funny is that often the very thing being shunned Is actually super healing. I got a bad rap, almost as if being passionate about anime was a sort of disability or social outcast. :/ maybe kind of extreme but that was my experience anyways. could be the demographic of where I grew up.

Ive found as ive grown it actually helped me to be emotionally healthy, happy and creative.

I should start a forum about this, I have a lot lf thoughts on this topic! maybe others have had similar experiences?

Blue Exorcist!!! OhEmGee!!! I just LOVE Blue Exorcist!! I'm waiting for a new season or a new movie. How 'bout you?:)

Blue Exorcist!!! OhEmGee!!! I just LOVE Blue Exorcist!! I'm waiting for a new season or a new movie. How 'bout you?:)

:3 I'm still on the first season! I accidently watched ep. 1 in season 2, and it looks amazing!

I love the leading character, he's so cute! The whole short temper, rough exterior with a really sweet heart and good intentions is just great. I haven't gotten too far yet, but it seems like there's some good character dynamics building.

He reminds me of Kyo from fruits basket a bit.

• Agree 1

I see. Yuri on Ice is the one that's on my radar. Everybody's been raving about it.

As far as Berserk is concerned, the thing I've been hearing is that it's not exactly the best adaptation, so, sometime in the future, I'm planning to read Berserk manga.

My experience wasn't really extreme, people kept saying 'why are you watching cartoon when you are 15(or 16)?', etc. Sometimes, I went out of my way to explain that anime is not like that, and most of the times, it fell on deaf ears. Sometimes, I ignored them.

I'm sure many people have had similar experiences. I've met people like that in other forums. It'd be great if you start a thread.

Edited by Guest

I see. Yuri on Ice is the one that's on my radar. Everybody's been raving about it.

As far as Berserk is concerned, the thing I've been hearing is that it's not exactly the best adaptation, so, sometime in the future, I'm planning to read Berserk manga.

My experience wasn't really extreme, people kept saying 'why are you watching cartoon when you are 15(or 16)?', etc. Sometimes, I went out of my way to explain that anime is not like that, and most of the times, it fell on deaf years. Sometimes, I ignored them.

I'm sure many people have had similar experiences. I've met people like that in other forums. It'd be great if you start a thread.

I see. Yeah, if you appreciate ballet/dance Yuri on ice is especially fascinating. its surprising in a lot of ways. I didnt think I'd love it so much but I couldn't wait to watch the next episodes. it kinda pulls you into the excitement.

It would be interesting to hear others stories. It's been very liberating for me to debunk those myths. And it could be funny to hear what other silly things/myths others might have heard growing up

I see. Yeah, if you appreciate ballet/dance Yuri on ice is especially fascinating. its surprising in a lot of ways. I didnt think I'd love it so much but I couldn't wait to watch the next episodes. it kinda pulls you into the excitement.

It would be interesting to hear others stories. It's been very liberating for me to debunk those myths. And it could be funny to hear what other silly things/myths others might have heard growing up

I presume you've heard of 'Welcome to the Ballroom', one of the popular airing anime this season, then? It's also about dancing and ballet, I think(I haven't watched it, though).

I have introduced a few people into anime. One of them is my cousin, he really loves Naruto, and has started watching One Piece(he's like 13, so, I thought it'd be best to make him watch Shounen anime first). I don't necessarily get into arguments on my own, but, I do try to convince them that their opinion on anime is shallow, when they make fun of it.