Favorite Place To Watch Anime/Read Online Manga

honeyandblush

I currently only watch anime on Crunchyroll or Funimation or my SIL's DVD collection lol So where are some of your other fave places to watch Anime? And I'm trying to get into reading manga online, so where are your fave places to do that, too?

I usually watch on Crunchyroll, but sometimes Netflix or Hulu. Depends on which network has the show I want. I'll likely subscribe to Funimation soon too.

Be careful of the Roku app on FUNimation, if you use it. FUNimation locked up my Roku more often than Crunchyroll, Plex, or Hulu.

I usually watching anime via FUNimation or Crunchyroll myself.

• Like 1

I usually watch anime on either Crunchyroll or Anime Proxer ^^

Can you tell me more about Anime Proxer?

Be careful of the Roku app on FUNimation, if you use it. FUNimation locked up my Roku more often than Crunchyroll, Plex, or Hulu.

Thanks! We use our Xbox One for all app stuff so I already have the Funimation and Crunchyroll apps on there. My SIL has a Crunchyroll sub and I have a Funimation lol I've never heard of Plex though, what is it?

Thanks! We use our Xbox One for all app stuff so I already have the Funimation and Crunchyroll apps on there. My SIL has a Crunchyroll sub and I have a Funimation lol I've never heard of Plex though, what is it?

Plex is a do it yourself Netflix, so if you buy stuff from iTunes (video files need to be decrypted) or on DVD/BD, or use torrents, you can load them up on a device that will act as the server and stream from them, regardless on whether you are at home or on the go.

Since it is your stuff, content will not disappear due to license expirations and stuff.

• Like 1

How is FUNimation? Does it have enough different content from Crunchyroll to be worth it or could it even replace Crunchyroll?

Also, have you heard of vrv.co which seems to have an all-in-one approach?

Personally I use it on my iPad Pro or Apple TV most of the time.

How is FUNimation? Does it have enough different content from Crunchyroll to be worth it or could it even replace Crunchyroll?

Also, have you heard of vrv.co which seems to have an all-in-one approach?

Personally I use it on my iPad Pro or Apple TV most of the time.

If you are in the US, it is okay, since FUNimation and Crunchy have a partnership, but that is only because Crunchy. The app is great on the iPad pro though, and at least stays logged in, unlike Crunchy. The content is mostly dubbed, if you care.

Most of the dubs I've seen are really bad, I prefer subs. D:

Dragon Ball Super is probably the only thing subbed on there right now, but it is not worth it if you have Crunchyroll. There might be more, but most titles seem to be dubbed these days.

Have used and probably always will use Kissmanga and Kissanime until there is a way that i can watch and read all manga and anime on a single subscription which is likely never, and as the books and dvds are too expensive and unpractical i will continue to use those illegal websites.

• Like 1

you people can afford to pay fdor crunchy roll i use 9anime since kisanime fked us over with those stupid picture clicking.

i still use kissanime since it doesn't really bother me that much :/

Streaming in EU has become very risky, due the fact that the European Court of Justice ruled that “the sale of a multimedia player which enables films that are available illegally on the internet to be viewed easily and for free on a television screen could constitute an infringement of copyright". The streaming of films which have been illegally accessed on the Internet so far is unlawful and may result into a fine. This is the current situation at the moment, although it's always been prohibited to stream animes or any other illegal media on the internet but now it's official and this rule will be executed with all strictness, especially in Germany. I used to watch my animes through kissanime but moved to 9anime cause these picture verifications on each anime episode were getting really annoying.

Edited by Guest

Streaming in EU has become very risky, due the fact that the European Court of Justice ruled that “the sale of a multimedia player which enables films that are available illegally on the internet to be viewed easily and for free on a television screen could constitute an infringement of copyright". The streaming of films which have been illegally accessed on the Internet so far is unlawful and may result into a fine. This is the current situation at the moment, although it's always been prohibited to stream animes or any other illegal media on the internet but now it's official and this rule will be executed with all strictness, especially in Germany. I used to watch my animes through kissanime but moved to 9anime cause these picture verifications on each anime episode were getting really annoying.

That's funny. That means computers and such would be illegal.

Isn't there AnimeLab and such for the EU though, since Crunchyroll supposedly has less content for viewers outside of certain countries than that site?

Isn't there AnimeLab and such for the EU though, since Crunchyroll supposedly has less content for viewers outside of certain countries than that site?

I made a quick research in regards of your comment and it seems to be allowed as long as it's a paid service which means those streamer sites such as Crunchyroll must have the licence for the animes they stream on their plattform, otherwise it's considered as unlawful. But for a better insight of the matter, you may want to read this. However, i'm uncertain how this will affect the whole anime streamers, i found this out recently by an acquaintance who has received a letter with a fine for watching streams illegally.

Edited by Guest
  • Informative 1

• Geano locked this topic