Nagi No Asukara - Episode 1 Discussion

Mars Terra

So I've seen this show before, but decided to watch it over again in order to discuss it.

shio.png.609dbd800f42b9404aba365f1be427a8.png

The first episode does a good job of showing the fantasy elements embodied in this world, establishing what the anime will be about and what we can expect, as a first episode should.

hii.png.e9048e928301f9dbccae29d3b87f3655.png

So Hikari is very tough on Manaka and that is noticeable immediately, and he makes little effort to be polite to people, but one can tell he has a good heart. He did something wrong and rather or not it was in good faith, he had to recognize it as such.

c.png.ff0baaa25ad7e8136010344441519924.png

The relationship between Manaka and Tsumugu develops fast, and one thing I failed to notice is how observant Hikari is of that, which is probably the reason he doesn't take kindly to Tsumugu because he sees him threat to the relationship he himself has with Manaka.

So what are your impression of this episode? What are your thoughts about the aforementioned events or some of the other things that happened?

As for me, I kind of hated how there was not one cohesive story at all, but two separate ones. The whole thing would have been better if the adaptation were split into two sparate series, like the Spice & Wolf adaptations and the adaptations of the Raildex universe.

• Agree 1

I dropped this show after watching more than half of it. Pretty boring.

I'd have to agree as well. I've tried watching this anime way back 2015 and instantly dropped it after a few episodes. Last summer I watched it again trying to give it a second chance since a friend recommended it but dayum~ for the second time I dropped it. The development of the characters and the story were rather slow. There is an interesting plot and all but the presentation of the anime is kinda boring. (This is just my opinion though)

I'd have to agree as well. I've tried watching this anime way back 2015 and instantly dropped it after a few episodes. Last summer I watched it again trying to give it a second chance since a friend recommended it but dayum~ for the second time I dropped it. The development of the characters and the story were rather slow. There is an interesting plot and all but the presentation of the anime is kinda boring. (This is just my opinion though)

Yep even I had to drop this anime twice. Don't know what made me want to revisit it.

• Like 1

• Geano locked this topic