What's your take on anime...

Cirth

(I've had a hard time trying to come up with a title to grab attention, since I want a lot of opinions on the subject.)

What's your take on anime that has either cancelled, "paused" or ending/ about to end.

Let me get more into detail and a little about myself with anime.

First I started watching anime due to a girl I was dating at the time, I thought anime was weird/ didn't fully understand it, so she recommend 2 of her favorite animes (Inuyasha and Naruto) I tried to watch them only watched an episode (didn't really appeal to me). I started looking around for anime that I might wanna watch found a few over the course of a few years. Just to name a few Fullmetal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic, Fairy Tail, Sword Art Online, Log Horizon and Gate: Thus the JSDF Fought There. I've tried reading the manga I just can't get into reading them.

I've noticed a bunch of anime that I love watching either does 1 to 2 seasons then stop suddenly and nothing is mentioned or happens for 2+ years. I started looking every once in awhile especially if a new anime comes out that reminds me of it. From what I've been reading is depending on how popular the manga is the better chances of it becoming anime. After it airs depending on how well it was received might do another season.

Though I've heard it depends on viewers/readers in Japan only (maybe Asia in general) and if it does well in the UK/NA but not well in Japan/Asia it gets dropped. On top of that if it gets another season and is caught up with the manga it's put on hold until the manga either ends or releases enough to do another season or 2.

I understand that people don't want "fan based" anime it "ruins" the show. A bunch of these animes that I love watching, I've been waiting at least 5+ years hoping for another season, some I heard didn't do well in Japan and was technically cancelled others been waiting for more volumes to release. I've just heard a month or so ago 2 animes I love watching are doing another season that will air in 2018 but that it will be the end of the anime show.

With Game of Thrones they are already past the books and people love the show though that is a bit different. There are times I wish either some of these anime streaming sites or some cartoon network or streaming providers would buy the rights and if it's popular enough continue the anime. Maybe I'm just soo use to regular shows like Star Trek, NCIS and Home Improvement, where it's okay lets see how well they do for the first season or 2 then maybe do a few years contract.

Hopefully you understand what I was trying to get across. Sorry for the long post I sometimes go a little overboard with things I really love that I'm a bit frustrated on.

I first started watching anime around 2014, saw it on recommended on YouTube and I guess I just got the hang of it and started liking it.

My first anime was Highschool of the Dead, pretty cool one.

But at the moment my favourite anime is owari no seraph and one piece.

• Geano locked this topic