Which gaming-console(s) do you own?

NightDancer

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Currently I got

DS lite, PS3, WiiU, PS4, small old 3DS, New Monster Hunter edition 3DS XL.

Honestly PC gaming is a bother why?

Some games proven to be a nightmare to run truly a annoying thing.

Upgrade your card for £200 for it to be "decent" when you can pay £300 and not worry about your specifications.

To be honest, I am the wrong person to ask :P I essentially treat my xbox as a glorified DVR that sometimes plays games when I feel like pretending I am a gamer haha.

I asked my brother and he said it doesn't bother him because there is a lot more an Xbox can do than a PS4 and the quality of the games really is an issue for him. He's an avid gamer...he owns both but gives the edge to Xbox.

Also now that you can now play 360 games with your Xbox one...it gives the Xbox one a greater advantage than the PS4. Both are good but as he said "the people dissing the Xbox one for slightly lower resolution are the diehard fans who really know nothing about it and if you play a game on Xbox one, it likely wont bother you because the quality is still superb while having far more capabilities than the PS4."

Personally for me, I love that it runs Windows 10 so I can begin universal apps with it. From my phone to desktop to Xbox one. Not to mention the streaming capabilities between your xbox and laptop/desktop and/or windows phone.

The issue with XBOX ONE is the sales the sales wouldn't be so low for no reason. The PS4 outsaled Xbox by by far. I considered getting a ps3 or Xbox and I was neutral on both. But the amount of good games on ps4 go ahead with whatever xbox is trying to do... I mean

Ps4 lineup:

The last of us

Final fantasy remake

Uncharted

Ps2 games with trophy support (ey that's something.)

Xbox:

Tomb raider I guess...

Backwards compatibility...

You could have just... gotten a Xbox 360

-Microsoft

There was also this kid who chose a Xbox 360 over One when his dad told him to choose one lol! and say which one has more and better games so yeah...

Not a fangirl just stating normal discussion facts :P

Ps3 and Xbox 360 - both good

Then I stated my opinion on both the others.

Edited by Guest

You forgot to mention those 3 Computers.

You can get games on them there for making it a "gaming-console" and them 3 computers are for gaming and thats all I use them for.

Edited by Guest

Wow, most people here have so many consoles ._. I only own a DS Lite, DSi, 3DS and half a PSP (I got it together with my bf cause we couldn't afford to buy one each back then). I'm also hoping to get a PSVita sometime soon (I've been saying this for half a year now but I still don't have the money TT^TT).

But you can get games on it :P

I can pass computers due to the fact that they are commonly used for gaming but not iPads.

Gaming consoles are machines that are produced for the purposes of gaming an iPad was never made to be a gaming device it has the option of "apps" which are more of games with less ability to be full games. Apps were never made to be games either more like maps, gmail etc. but some people create what we call things like candy crush saga with microtransactions. Unless you get to play Uncharted or Hyrule Warriors on a ipad... It isn't a gaming console.

I can pass computers due to the fact that they are commonly used for gaming but not iPads.

Gaming consoles are machines that are produced for the purposes of gaming an iPad was never made to be a gaming device it has the option of "apps" which are more of games with less ability to be full games. Apps were never made to be games either more like maps, gmail etc. but some people create what we call things like candy crush saga with microtransactions. Unless you get to play Uncharted or Hyrule Warriors on a ipad... It isn't a gaming console.

Good point but I disagree with "unless you get to play Uncharted or Hyrule Warriors on a ipad.... it isn't a gaming console" Yet you can get GTA games and many other big name games.

Good point but I disagree with "unless you get to play Uncharted or Hyrule Warriors on a ipad.... it isn't a gaming console" Yet you can get GTA games and many other big name games.

That aren't fully like on a PS4 through. GTA 5 won't work like it was supposed to on a IPad the PS4 or XBOX ONE or PC does make the game what it was supposed to be :P on a ipad its just a mini version of it.

That aren't fully like on a PS4 through. GTA 5 won't work like it was supposed to on a IPad the PS4 or XBOX ONE or PC does make the game what it was supposed to be :P on a ipad its just a mini version of it.

you can still play the base game. I will admit it isn't a gaming Console but still it can be a game device if wanted to.

Edited by Guest

Bruh, calling iPad a gaming console because it can play games is too much of a stretch. My old NokiaC3 can play games too, but we don't call a phone a gaming console. Also computers... They are not consoles.

Here, I will quote Mr. Wiki opinion.

A video game console is a device that outputs a video signal or visual image to display a video game. The term "video game console" is used to distinguish a console machine primarily designed for consumers to use for playing video games in contrast to arcade machines or home computers. It includes home video game consoles, handheld game consoles, microconsoles anddedicated consoles.

The key word is "The term "video game console" is used to distinguish a console machine primarily designed for consumers to use for playing video games" so yeah, I hope you get it. Console like Xbox, Playstation and WII are all primarily designed to play games on, while iPad and PC aren't.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Mate read my last post "I will admit it isn't a gaming Console but still it can be a game device if wanted to." I admitted I was wrong but it can be used as a way of playing games there for making it a "gaming device" if people use it only for games which I know people who have ones just for the games you can get on it.

you can still play the base game. I will admit it isn't a gaming Console but still it can be a game device if wanted to.

Not the base game. The mini game. A iPad has no power to load the amount of models a ps4 can into (best example) GTA V.

Mortal Kombat can't play the same on mobile version there is a difference when one takes up 1GB and the other over 40GB :P they wouldn't let you play a full game they created over a year on a iPad... Really its just little demos to make you want a gaming console.

It will either be

Great graphics lacking model numbers.

Awful graphics not lacking model numbers

IPad won't handle good graphics and 100 models on one screen.

Not the base game. The mini game. A iPad has no power to load the amount of models a ps4 can into (best example) GTA V.

Mortal Kombat can't play the same on mobile version there is a difference when one takes up 1GB and the other over 40GB :P they wouldn't let you play a full game they created over a year on a iPad... Really its just little demos to make you want a gaming console.

It will either be

Great graphics lacking model numbers.

Awful graphics not lacking model numbers

IPad won't handle good graphics and 100 models on one screen.

Look fine it isn't a gaming console I didn't know it would start a massive debate by putting Ipad at the bottom of my list of items that play games.... But using GTA 5 is a terrible example counting its a new game and has lots of content of course that wouldn't run on an Ipad....

Look fine it isn't a gaming console I didn't know it would start a massive debate by putting Ipad at the bottom of my list of items that play games.... But using GTA 5 is a terrible example counting its a new game and has lots of content of course that wouldn't run on an Ipad....

Welcome to the gaming cycle of 21st century no GTA V isn't so new anymore. Mortal Kombat is newer and has a android mini version. You're talking about a game made in 2013...

Welcome to the gaming cycle of 21st century no GTA V isn't so new anymore. Mortal Kombat is newer and has a android mini version. You're talking about a game made in 2013...

2 years old is still pretty new.... And what does Mortal Kombat having a mini game come out on android have to do with it.

2 years old is still pretty new.... And what does Mortal Kombat having a mini game come out on android have to do with it.

The fact that you said base titles are on mobile devices and those little shitty things for what is it now ? £400? No 2 years old isn't so new anymore not in this day and age welcome to the world of gaming enjoy your stay. Spend £120 per 2 weeks if you want to keep up with all realeases, gta v = commonly played sure

New? No.

Also lol using GTA V isnt a terrible example because you were the one who used it as a example in the first place saying you can play it on a iPad.

Edited by Guest

I personally wouldn't consider the iPad a gaming console since it wasn't made for that purpose. It's something you can play games on aside from its original primary function. By this logic, I could say my old high school TI 83 graphing calculator is a gaming console because you could play on and program games into it. I doubt anyone here would consider that a gaming console.
  • Like 1

I personally wouldn't consider the iPad a gaming console since it wasn't made for that purpose. It's something you can play games on aside from its original primary function.

Agreed. It wouldn't be a stretch to call a PC a console these days due to the fact computers can be built for the specific purpose of gaming, but I've never seen a phone have built with the proper specs for JUST gaming. However, whatever it is or isn't is a topic that's been derailing this thread.

By this logic, I could say my old high school TI 83 graphing calculator is a gaming console because you could play on and program games into it. I doubt anyone here would consider that a gaming console.

That brings back middle school/early high school memories of me fiddling around on the school's calculators. However, those had worse performance than the original Gameboy, so anything more complicated than Tetris bugged out to no end... and even Tetris would be barely stable. xD

• Like 1

I personally wouldn't consider the iPad a gaming console since it wasn't made for that purpose. It's something you can play games on aside from its original primary function. By this logic, I could say my old high school TI 83 graphing calculator is a gaming console because you could play on and program games into it. I doubt anyone here would consider that a gaming console.

Yeah that's why I've admitted that it isn't a gaming console in a number of my posts now. The point I'm trying to make is that it can play base games such as Colin Mcrae Rally which was the put out on PC the same game as the Ipad version.

Edited by Guest