NightDancer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I own (or have owned)...

Commodore 64 (I think....very vague memories of a game system that used the keyboard...sometime in the mid to late 80s)

Super Nintendo

Super Famicom

Portable Super Famicom (sucks it broke on me...yesterday T_T)

Sega Gamegear

Wonderswan Color

Nintendo 64

Gameboy Color

Nintendo Gamecube

Nintendo DS

Japanese Nintendo 3DS

Playstaion 2

Japanese PSP

Nintendo Wii

I still want an original Famicom just so I can play the original Japanese version of the Legend of Zelda on it since they system had that mic function, which our NES didn't.

I never had an NES or a Genesis as a kid because my cousins had them. I had the SNES, our other cousin had the NES, and the other one had the Genesis, so we'd just go to each others' houses and play. Same later on. I had the N64, our other cousin had the PSX and the Genesis cousin had the Dreamcast.

I've also never had an original Gameboy. I was approached by my parents about which sounded cooler, the Gameboy or the Gamegear. I said the Gamegear and I was surprised to see it that Christmas. lol I played it (GB) as others had it, so yeah. lol

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

What i have up until now:

-Gamegear (Battery Doesn't hold charge anymore)

-NES

-Gameboy Pocket

-Gameboy Advance (Purple one yay)

-GBA SP (Pokemon Groudon Edition)

-Nintendo DS & DS Lite

-PSP, PSP 2000, PSP 3000, PSP G

-3DS

-Vita

-PS one

-PS2 with FreeMCBoot and HD Loader

-PS3

-X360 with LT3.0

-PS4

And a few Tamagotchis lying here and there, not a game system but it was more like a portable back then.

Xbox one :) The best.

I know this is kinda sorta off topic, but as an xbox one owner, what do you think about it not having lots of 3rd party games, and does it not achieving 1080p and/or 60fps on some games affect you at all? I ask beacause i keep seeing this sony vs micro fanboy war on almost every site implying how superior the ps4 is. I currently own a ps4 and i've played an xbox one before, imo theres no difference at all, title wise i pick ps4 over it because i mainly play jrpgs, but yea... i'd love to get an opinion from someone who actually owns and plays one.

Let's see now...

Consoles are...

Super NES

Sega Genesis (won't take cords)

Nintendo 64

Sega Dreamcast

Playstation 2

Nintendo Gamecube

Xbox

Xbox 360

Wii

Playstation 3

Wii U

Playstation 4

Xbox One

Super Retro Trio (clone console)

Handhelds are...

Game Boy

Gabme Boy Color

Game Boy Advance

Nintendo DS

Playstation Portable (broken)

Nintendo 3DS

Playstation Vita

Edited by Guest

Oh boy lets see. I have

Atari 2600

NES

SNES

Gamboy

Gameboy Color

GBA

GBA SP

Nintendo DS

Sega Genesis

Sega Genesis 32x

Game Gear

Neo Geo Pocket

Sega Saturn

Play Station

Sega Dreamcast (My favorite ever probly. I miss sega consoles! :S)

N64

Gamecube

Ps2

Xbox

Xbox360

Ps3

I am working on a ps4 and a nintendo 3ds for myself at some point. Maybe I'll get myself one of te two for christmas.

Edited by Guest

Oh boy lets see. I have

Atari 2600

NES

SNES

Gamboy

Gameboy Color

GBA

GBA SP

Nintendo DS

Sega Genesis

Sega Genesis 32x

Game Gear

Neo Geo Pocket

Sega Saturn

Play Station

Sega Dreamcast (My favorite ever probly. I miss sega consoles! :S)

N64

Gamecube

Ps2

Xbox

Xbox360

Ps3

I am working on a ps4 and a nintendo 3ds for myself at some point. Maybe I'll get myself one of te two for christmas.

LOL the only game i had for SEGA 32X was Knuckles Chaotix. I dont remember what i did with them.

• Like 1

LOL the only game i had for SEGA 32X was Knuckles Chaotix. I dont remember what i did with them.

That was the best 32x game besides Star Wars arcade which I had and played to death. I remember the 32x was such a waste. I was so hyped. I remember I got my mom to get it for me and a couple months later they launched Sega Saturn. :D

• Like 1

That was the best 32x game besides Star Wars arcade which I had and played to death. I remember the 32x was such a waste. I was so hyped. I remember I got my mom to get it for me and a couple months later they launched Sega Saturn. :D

Did you ever get the Sega CD?

Did you ever get the Sega CD?

I didn't actually. I didn't even see a Sega CD in person until after I already had the 32x. Those were crazy times then. They launched everything so close together. I was too young to have the money in my pocket to buy them all and too young to know what to get. lol.

Now I know It was all kind of the same anyways. Sega was all over the place. It's a shame they had all that marketing and management fail because I really enjoyed the Genesis, the Saturn and the Dreamcast. It would have been even better If I got to play half of the games that were only released in Japan.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

I didn't actually. I didn't even see a Sega CD in person until after I already had the 32x. Those were crazy times then. They launched everything so close together. I was too young to have the money in my pocket to buy them all and too young to know what to get. lol.

Now I know It was all kind of the same anyways. Sega was all over the place. It's a shame they had all that marketing and management fail because I really enjoyed the Genesis, the Saturn and the Dreamcast. It would have been even better If I got to play half of the games that were only released in Japan.

Can always try emulation. There are some Saturn games i always wanted to play (japanese games), Slayers, Magic Knight Rayearth and i believe there was a Ranma 1/2 game too.

• Like 1

Can always try emulation. There are some Saturn games i always wanted to play (japanese games), Slayers, Magic Knight Rayearth and i believe there was a Ranma 1/2 game too.

Id love to play those as well especially Slayers. (y)

I have tried emulation before in the past but it's so hard for me to play those jrpgs when I know little to no Japanese. lol. I use it for the non Jap exclusives though.

• Like 1

Id love to play those as well especially Slayers. (y)

I have tried emulation before in the past but it's so hard for me to play those jrpgs when I know little to no Japanese. lol. I use it for the non Jap exclusives though.

Poo... :( Sometimes there are fan made translation patches.

• Like 1

I know this is kinda sorta off topic, but as an xbox one owner, what do you think about it not having lots of 3rd party games, and does it not achieving 1080p and/or 60fps on some games affect you at all? I ask beacause i keep seeing this sony vs micro fanboy war on almost every site implying how superior the ps4 is. I currently own a ps4 and i've played an xbox one before, imo theres no difference at all, title wise i pick ps4 over it because i mainly play jrpgs, but yea... i'd love to get an opinion from someone who actually owns and plays one.

To be honest, I am the wrong person to ask :P I essentially treat my xbox as a glorified DVR that sometimes plays games when I feel like pretending I am a gamer haha.

I asked my brother and he said it doesn't bother him because there is a lot more an Xbox can do than a PS4 and the quality of the games really is an issue for him. He's an avid gamer...he owns both but gives the edge to Xbox.

Also now that you can now play 360 games with your Xbox one...it gives the Xbox one a greater advantage than the PS4. Both are good but as he said "the people dissing the Xbox one for slightly lower resolution are the diehard fans who really know nothing about it and if you play a game on Xbox one, it likely wont bother you because the quality is still superb while having far more capabilities than the PS4."

Personally for me, I love that it runs Windows 10 so I can begin universal apps with it. From my phone to desktop to Xbox one. Not to mention the streaming capabilities between your xbox and laptop/desktop and/or windows phone.