A Certain Magical Index Season 3

Wodahs

this may be of interest to A Certain Magical Index and A Certain Scientific Railgun fans

I saw this come thru a few days ago and hadn't got round to posting anything but here goes

and being that I'm being lazy today ima just going to cut and past the article from Anime News Network

source >Here<

A Certain Magical Index Season 3 Briefly Listed by Animax Show's Website

posted on 2017-09-25 08:40 EDT

Animax's Aniculbu! (Anime Culture Club) variety program posted a preview of its October 1 episode with A A Certain Magical Index producer Kohei Kawase and editor/producer Kazuma Miki as guests. The preview's description briefly listed the following:

A Certain Magical Index Season 3's Broadcast Green-Lit!

A Certain Magical Index, captivating many fans since season 1 began airing in 2008 and season 2 in 2010. Over six years later, the broadcast of season 3 has been green-lit! About a decade after season 1, what kind of story will turn out?

The above passage is no longer on the program's website as of Monday.

The "Dengeki Bunko Aki no Saiten 2017" (Dengeki Bunko Autumn Festival 2017) event will also open this Sunday, October 1. The event will feature a stage panel for "new work announcements" (as well as a separate stage panel for Sword Art Online that teases announcements for new developments in the franchise, including but not limited to games).

Miki had said at the same event in 2015, "Lastly, there is no season 3 yet for Index. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm very sorry." Miki then bowed multiple times to the audience and even did a prostrating dogeza pose on the stage. This past spring, he asked fans at the same stage to "please wait a little longer for season 3!"

Kazuma Kamachi's A Certain Magical Index light novel series has inspired two television anime series, a 2013 anime film, and multiple manga adaptations. A Certain Scientific Railgun spinoff manga has also inspired two television anime adaptations and an original video anime (OVA).

Yen Press is releasing the original light novel series in English, and Funimation has released all of the anime adaptations in North America outside of the A Certain Scientific Railgun OVA. Seven Seas Entertainment is releasing A Certain Scientific Railgun manga and the A Certain Scientific Accelerator manga in English, and Yen Press is releasing A Certain Magical Index manga in English.

upload_2017-10-1_14-21-6.png.533a90b9b90e1d911d2ae6a0ae13fa6f.png

make of it what you want

• Informative 1

• 5 weeks later...

I wonder if this means Railgun 3 will be coming soon.

In all honesty, I hated both Index adaptations, as only two arcs from Index 2 really impressed me, so I would probably only bother with the light novels at this point.

However, there has been talk that Railgun 3 will not be made unless Index 3 is made, so I am kind of happy about it.

• Agree 1

Index season 1 was fantastic.

Index season 2 wasn't.....except for the Accelerator x Last Order stuff. So freaking adorable xP I'll probably watch Index 3 but I don't have high hopes for it.

However, if we get a Railgun 3, I will be ecstatic and die xP It should be amazing!

2 hours ago, Ryuji said:

Index season 1 was fantastic.

Index season 2 wasn't.....except for the Accelerator x Last Order stuff. So freaking adorable xP I'll probably watch Index 3 but I don't have high hopes for it.

However, if we get a Railgun 3, I will be ecstatic and die xP It should be amazing!

The Accelerator and Last Order moment's were funny, but I thought Tree Diagram Remenant Arc was great, though it should have been a Railgun arc instead.

However, I too would would ecstatic if we got Railgun 3.

11 minutes ago, brycec said:

The Accelerator and Last Order moment's were funny, but I thought Tree Diagram Remenant Arc was great, though it should have been a Railgun arc instead.

However, I too would would ecstatic if we got Railgun 3.

It's entirely possible that the Tree Diagram Remnant Arc would be covered in Railgun 3 since the two anime overlap. (like the Sister arc being featured in Raigun 2 and Index 1)

We'll just have to wait and see.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Ryuji said:

It's entirely possible that the Tree Diagram Remnant Arc would be covered in Railgun 3 since the two anime overlap. (like the Sister arc being featured in Raigun 2 and Index 1)

We'll just have to wait and see.

Could happen, just like Liberal Arts City or whatever it is called, but I am not too sure.

So far, it has only been Railgun exclusive arcs and arcs that crossover in both the index novels and Railgun manga, so they might just skip on over to Daihasei Festival, since Tree Diagram Remnant was Index only and Kuroko was the main character in that arc.

• Geano locked this topic