What Fall 2017 anime are you watching?

CheesyTrees

I hope I'm not repeating a thread, but I did try to search and couldn't find one ... but I'll take it down if another one comes to light :P

I'm just curious what people are watching this season, as this is my first time trying to follow along seasonally xD I'm looking out for Black Clover (people say it's bad, but I'm a bit of a shonen junkie so I gotta at least try it ^^"), Two Car, Anime Gataris, Code:Realize, Gintama of course, and a few others. I'm not sure how to read the winds yet for what's gonna be popular, but I suppose it's one of those things you just gotta try it out and see for yourself :3

• Like 1

Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara-->I really liked the first season and I liked the second one too, so looking forward to this.

Black Clover-->Simply because it's an adaptation of an ongoing popular shounen manga.

Mahoutsukai no Yome-->Interesting plot. Have to watch the OVA's first.

Going to wait for 4-5 weeks before I check these out:

Dies Irae

Inuyashiki

Edited by Guest

I took some screenshots in case someone would like to pick here! :D These animes are the ones that are going to air this fall and sorry that I wasn't able to include the continuing ones :D

5.PNG.2f7898020fa7207047b80008d69f5273.PNG

9.PNG.aa5afc4ac0b7e884c7d7752b9690bcd2.PNG

As for me, I'd definitely watch Shokugeki no Soma season three and I'm surprised that after 3 years Hoozuki no Reitetsu and also Umaru-chan is finally going to have a second season! It's definitely going to be a blast!

As for the others, nothing really caught my attention YET . :D

1.PNG.cdcd464bc38a990b2c875ff248669861.PNG

2.PNG.8374acbdee2252952095fd56a417a6b2.PNG

3.PNG.2801df83e5db23cd1cfdc485ecbffe14.PNG

4.PNG.7e6238bf050c7107dacc06da3043b000.PNG

6.PNG.d7455c1fb57d6415754bd647596093cf.PNG

7.PNG.8c18073b9a9013b1931d74d0ee3e4685.PNG

8.PNG.853a9ddf8c203a648bacc338cf9659da.PNG

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

I have high hopes for this season some of the titls being released have huge followings from the manga/novel series and judging by some of the ractions I have seen from people they promise to deliver.

That being sai heres my list:

Black clover

Juuni taisen

Shokugeki no souma S3

Shoujo shuumatsu ryokou

Garo -vanishing line-

Haikara-san

Konohana kitan

Mahoutsukai no yome

Inuyashiki

and then continuing Boruto

If I were to take a guess at this seasons best (not incluing Shokugeki for reasons we can all agree on) I would place my bets on Mahoutsukai no yome or Black clover.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've been trying out every anime I could for the last few weeks, and I'll be happy to share my opinions with everyone. The list is a little lengthy but if you want you can just go ahead and skip to ones in your favorite genres. The ones I picked up as anime are in bold, the ones I picked up as manga are in italic.

EDIT: I have updated the list to include ratings for each entity.

Name: Animegataris / 7.5

Airs: Sunday

Source: Original

Genres: Slice Of Life

Comment: Your enjoyment of this series will increase based on how knowledgeable about anime you are, so I cannot in good faith recommend this to someone who is relatively new to anime. This is a feel-good series, so the plot isn't very important but it's not a terrible one. Unlike a lot of moe anime, there are some guys thrown into the mix as well, the characters are well diversed and represents different types of otaku. It's also fun trying to guess who the OTP is.

Name: Blend S / 5.8

Source: Web Manga

Genres: Slice Of Life, Comedy, Humor, Funniness, other terms that mean the exact same thing

Comment: It's basically about a cafe where the waitresses have to act according to their assigned characters, run by Tamaki Suoh himself, Dino. Their true personality doesn't have anything to do with the characters they're assigned. I didn't particularly enjoy the two chapters I read, but maybe try it for yourself to see if you like it?

Name: Himouto! Umaru-chan R / 6.2

Source: Manga

Genres: Slice Of Life

Comment: If you've seen the first season then you know what you're in for, however, this time it seems like there will be a bigger focus on the relationship between her and friends. Maybe she will actually grow as a person and become more of the elegant young lady she presents herself as? Maybe they can fulfill the pairings they set up last season?

Name: Imouto Sae Ireba Ii. / 4.0

Source: Novel

Genres: Comedy

Comment: Ecchi trash. So the first five minutes is one of the most disturbing things I have ever experienced. But the rest of the episode is pretty chill in comparison. The characters consist of a one-dimensional siscon, a best friend character who would make for a much better protagonist and...we don't need to mention the other ones. At the end of the episode it seems like there might actually be a plot, it'll just be buried under the mountain of ecchi.

Name: Kujira No Kora Wa Sajou Ni Utau / 7.3

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy, Mystery, Drama

Comment: It has a unique concept, I'm not quite sure where they're going with it but it's executed well enough. The tone of the series is dramatic, while the story is kind of sad. It is a bit hard to tell what gender characters are though.

Name: Mahoutsukai No Yome / 7.5

Genres: Fantasy, Romance, Comedy, Tragedy

Comment: I'm reading the manga, because I was going to anyways. The story is pretty good, it has sweet moments but also much darker ones as well. The two main characters are good in their own right and Chise doesn't feel like your usual heroine. I wonder where they'll take this concept?

Name: Two Car / 7.5

Genres: Sports, Comedy, Drama

Comment: It's about a type of racing that involves motorcycle with sidecars, which is something I've never seen before but apparently it actually exists. The characters are more or less all cute girls, and there is a large focus on the character development between the heroines. The animation is stiff in some instances, but they do a great job overall.

Name: Omiai Aite Wa Oshiego Tsuyoki Na, Nondaiji. / 3.3

Airs: Monday

Genres: Romance, Ecchi

Comment: Ecchi trash, which is weird for a josei series. The story is not very good because of the pacing that makes it clear that they just wanted to get to the ecchi, and they wouldn't need to hurry if the episodes were more then five minutes long, but I still wouldn't watch it even if there was a good story.

Name: Black Clover / par

Airs: Tuesday

Genres: Fantasy, Comedy, Action

Comment: I wouldn't advise against picking this up. The story is good, but you'll likely see plot twists coming from a kilometer away. The fights are good, but if characters get separated then it seems they think that switching between them every page or two is a good thing. But there's teamwork which is something a lot of action anime lack and that's a shame since action is honestly better when characters work together to take down a foe. So it's not going to blow your mind, but I'd still recommend it nevertheless.

Name: Juuni Taisen / 7.7

Genres: Action

Comment: The action is really good, some of the best this season. The tone is serious with dark story elements, which is good for a survival game anime and makes for a pretty satisfying watch overall.

Name: Net-Juu No Susume / 7.8

Genres: Romance, Comedy, Genderbender

Comment: Unlike isekai anime like Sword Art Online, the main character is simply playing a MMORPG instead of fighting for their life. The concept is pretty interesting, but to tell you why would spoil the story. This is actually my personal favorite series this season, it's very refreshing to see a couple gets along from the beginning and I find their romance to be very sweet.

Name: Sengoku Night Blood / 6.0

Source: Video Game

Genres: Historical, Fantasy, Supernatural, Reverse Harem

Comment: It starts out with a girl getting sent to another world, Persona 5-style. There isn't much explaination as to who she is or what's going on. It's clear that this series is more about the Bishounen then anything else, so if that's what you're into.

Name: Evil Or Live / 6.2

Airs: Wednesday

Genres: Horror

Comment: I've seen three episodes of this. It's kind of like Deadman Wonderland but not as good, or if you didn't like that one then this one will simply be no better. The whole point in the anime is to get people to stop spending so much time on the internet, but unless they're trying to use reverse psychology, I fail to see how this could convince anyone to spend more time IRL. Oh well, I expected this to be a dumb series anyways and I have to question why I even bothered with it to begin with.

Name: Infini-T Force / 5.5

Genres: Superheroes, Action

Comment: The concept and story both seem pretty bizarre. The art is pure CGI and looks realistic to boot, which I personally am not a fan of. The action seems decent and I guess is kind of cool, but it's debatable if this series will be good or not beyond that.

Name: Konohana Kitan / 7.2

Genres: Slice Of Life, Fantasy, Shoujo-Ai

Comment: If you're not a fan of animal people, then this anime may not be your thing. The story is more on the light-hearted side, but is very sweet. The characters are cute and each have their own quirk, but there is a considerable amount of fanservice though, so beware!

Name: Osake Wa Fuufu Ni Natte Kara / 6.0

Genres: Slice Of Life, Comedy, Romance

Comment: It's a series about alcohol and how moe people can be when they're drunk, though I don't drink that much so this doesn't really appeal to me. Each chapter focuses on a different recipe and even includes it at the end so you can make it yourself.

Name: Tsukipro The Animation / 6.0

Source: Music

Genres: Music

Comment: We're introduced to the characters, we're told their occupations beyond idoling and given a little of their insecurities. The story isn't bad, but it's very barebone and needs to improve in regards to pacing.

Name: Urahara / 5.0

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy, Romance

Comment: This series almost convinced me that they knew what they were talking about with fashion. But if there is going to be any anime about fashion this season, then this isn't it, instead they decided to focus on the heroines transforming to fight off a alien race that apparently are all too stupid to have a original thought. But it's clear that this isn't supposed to be a serious show anyways, well at least the relationship between the characters was kind of sweet.

Name: Boku No Konojo Ga Majimesugiru Shojo B*tch Na Ken / 5.5

Airs: Thursday

Genres: Comedy, Romance, Ecchi

Comment: It's about a girl who comes onto her boyfriend...who asked her out just five seconds ago, then continues to make inappropiate comments and such. The anime seems to have more fanservice in it then the manga, not to say that that doesn't have a fair amount of fanservice as well.

Name: Just Because! / 7.3

Genres: Drama, Romance

Comment: It's tone is more serious, and it's story is mostly character driven. The characters are all likeable, even the best friend which is rare for seinen anime. The art is kirei.

Name: Ousama Game The Animation / 6.5

Genres: Supernatural, Mystery, Horror, Drama

Comment: This show does succeed in being dark-hearted, however, with a concept about a survival game where stay alive only requires preforming a simple task makes me fear this might go down a melodramatic path, assuming that the tasks stay as simple as they are that is. The relationship between the boy and girl is kind of sweet, if they had gone a different direction with the story I think I'd have liked to see more of their romance.

Name: Dynamic Chord / 2.0

Airs: Friday

Genres: Music

Comment: The series fails to introduce us to both the characters and the world. The directing is horrid and seems like they were trying WAY too hard to be artsy. Half of the first episode consists of music videos, while the rest of the episode is pretty forgettable and only right before the credits does this anime actually give any indication of a plot.

Name: Fireball Humorous / par

Genres: Science Fiction, Comedy

Comment: Disney does seem to have a more anime art-style in their movies nowadays, though they're only the producers. It looks nice and has fluid animation. The jokes are pretty funny and I might go and watch this through as soon as it finishes, since the episodes are very short.

Name: Inuyashiki / 7.3

Genres: Science Fiction, Superhero, Action, Psychological, Drama

Comment: The first chapter depicts the loneliness of a man who is not respected by his family, but he seems like a nice guy. It's refreshing to see a male lead who isn't in their teens and it seems like it could go in a good direction. The problem lies with the art, the manga uses photo realism which looks bizarre at times, but the anime shouldn't have this issue. There's also the fact that the main character looks like a old man despite him not even being sixty but that's a bit nit-picky.

Name: Kino No Tabi: The Beautiful World - The Animated Series / 7.2

Genres: Action, Adventure, Slice Of Life

Comment: I was planning to watch the original, and then this remake came out of nowhere. I was expecting this to have a subtle tone, but it actually turned out to have some pretty messed up stories that are mainly episodic. The episode can start off light-hearted enough but turn incredibly dark by the end, so if you like that sort of stuff then I highly recommend this series.

Name: Onyankopon / 2.0

Source: H*ll

Genres: Torture

Comment: Never have I hated the word kawaii so much. The story is about Neko-sama who helps people with their completely mundane problems even though they're clearly capable of handling it themselves but of course he has to forcefully insert himself into the situation. I would say this is a children's anime but that would be a insult...towards children.

Name: RoboMasters The Animated Series / par

Genres: Action

Comment: I'm not sure why it needs to be the animated series, but okay. The best way to describe this series would be to compare it to a video game, it's very much live watching a feed of Major League Gaming or MLG. All of the characters wear glasses to convey that they're smart, even though this is 2017 and we should of moved pass that stereotype. The story will be good, but several characters feel a bit too familiar and will likely develop in ways we've seen done many times before. But you didn't come here for that, you came here to watch robots killing eachother, and there'll be plently of that.

Name: Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou / 6.5

Genres: Science Fiction, Adventure, Slice Of Life

Comment: The first chapter doesn't really establish much, so I dropped it initially but I was a bit curious about it, so here I am. There are only cute girls left in the world...so it's your basic slice of life anime, lol. From what I can tell, it seems to be a moe anime set in the apocalypse.

Name: Taishou Chicchai-San / 4.0

Genres: Historical, Shounen-Ai

Comment: The story is interesting with the main character being able to see ghosts, but the chibi thing is a bit unnecessary. The ending also implies boy's love, but at only three minutes a episode it'll be a hundred weeks before they actually get to it.

Name: Code:Realize: Sousei No Himegimi / par

Airs: Saturday

Genres: Historical, Fantasy, Adventure, Reverse Harem

Comment: Of the Bishounen anime this season, this one seems to have the most effort put into the story and I hope they focus on it more then the romance. The characters are ones from other works, like Sherlock Holmes or Arsene Lupin, and Cardia seems like a good character. But to be honest, this series could go either way.

Name: Dies Irae / 7.0

Genres: Fantasy, Action, Harem

Comment: The plot doesn't get very far in the first episode, but the premise seems promising. Since it's based on a Bishoujo game, a considerable amount of the screen time is dedicated to the heroines. The fanservice in the first episode wasn't too bad, but judging by the cover for the visual novel it will probably raise significantly.

Name: Garo: Vanishing Line / 6.0

Genres: Supernatural, Action

Comment: The action scenes in this are shaky and come off as jarring, which is a shame since this show seems to be mainly about the action. I thought we all agreed that Unlimited Blade Works was the way to do fight scenes. It does seem like the plot will become important as the series progresses though. The fanservice was mild, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were to become more prominent in later episodes, but it doesn't seem like they'll sexualize the main heroine so that's good.

Name: Housei No Kuni / 7.0

Genres: Action, Fantasy

Comment: The premise is bizarre, the first chapter didn't establish the story but perhaps it will go somewhere good. A issue I had was that it was difficult to distinguish between the characters.

Name: Love Live! Sunshine!! Second Season / 7.2

Genres: Music, Comedy, Drama

Comment: Cute girls doing cute things in cute ways? There certainly is a fair amount of moe, but this series goes a step beyond and actually fleshes out it's characters considerably. And though it may take a few episodes, the second season of Sunshine continues to develop it's characters. Also, the music is good as always.

Name: Pingu In The City / par

Source: Original?

Genres: PENGUINS

Comment: You won't need subtitles for this series since everyone since everyone talks in gibberish and instead their actions are used to understand a scene. It's not bad for a series for children, but it's stopmotion so I wouldn't really count it as a anime.

Edited by Mars Terra
  • Like 1

As you probably noticed in the third slider image I'm watching Yuuki Yuuna S2 (it's a prequel to the first series) :P

Also watching Love Live Sunshine S2 and Fate/Aprocypha (second cour continuation)

Am taking it slow this season whilst watching some older titles as I'm still working on a lot of AF things to get those anime pages up to scratch.

Out of all the anime I've picked up this season, I'd probably say Mahoutsukai no Yome / Ancient Magus' Bride is my favorite so far. It's visually really beautiful, and pays a lot of attention to little details in the magical aspects of the world. The plot is a hair slow so far in my opinion, as I don't see a main conflict or anything yet, but that's fine since the episodes have been mostly about taking in different aspects about magic and the world, and in developing the main character's interaction with her past and present situations. ...That was a very long sentence :P

• Agree 1

On 02/11/2017 at 10:08 AM, Mars Terra said:

If that's the case, then can I watch it before I watch the first season?

Too early to say, given the show is called Yuuki Yuuna I cannot in good conscience recommend it until we see if/when she makes an appearance in this one. ;)

• Friendly 1