Sword Art Online: Alicization - third series confirmed with teaser

RepentantSky

Someone please shoot me in the head right where the memory of this coming has set itself please. For what reason does this overdone anime need another season? Get ready for more Waifu BS and openings that give up the entire plot line and about 6 more horribly bad and lazy Bandai Namco games. Have fun!

I love sao so as far as i'm concerned i'm going with season 3 anyway I heard a rumor that they creator of sao actually the first 2 seasons were supposed to get you ready for season 3 but who knows, wasn't season 3 confirmed like last year tho?

I love sao so as far as i'm concerned i'm going with season 3 anyway I heard a rumor that they creator of sao actually the first 2 seasons were supposed to get you ready for season 3 but who knows, wasn't season 3 confirmed like last year tho?

I heard it was delayed last year to who knew when at the time but I don't remember it actually being confirmed at all since then. Some people thought it wasn't going to happen at all.

Far as I know one season was basically split into 2 so this is technically 4, but honestly, I don't care enough to edit it.

No, I looked it up. Season 1 was 2-cour, Season 2 was 2-cour as well. In that SAO fest, they kind of marked it as Season 3. But, you know, it's your wish. I probably won't be checking this anime out either. I may, before this season starts airing.

RepentantSky said:
Someone please shoot me in the head right where the memory of this coming has set itself please.

Hi @RepentantSky thanks for posting this teaser.

Now now, Sword Art Online may not be your cup of tea but we do have quite a few fans of the franchise here, so please lets not make this into a toxic rant and let us all try to keep an open mind. ;)

It does look the anime adaptations are following more of the light novels, given that Sword Art Online II covered Phantom's Bullet (GGO) and Mother's Rosario. With Alicization it seems there is a lot to draw upon from the two volumes that are already out there.

Edit: I've had to adjust the title - this thread is showing up in Google with season 4 keyword search, not what we're aiming for.

• 3 weeks later...

Sao should've stuck with a longer running version of it's own title: Sword Art Online.

If they had stuck to the story in the original Aincrad arc (and cut out the harem aspects of it), then I think the series wouldn't have had nearly as much hate for it as it has.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

in manga , anime and gamingSao should've stuck with a longer running version of it's own title: Sword Art Online.

If they had stuck to the story in the original Aincrad arc (and cut out the harem aspects of it), then I think the series wouldn't have had nearly as much hate for it as it has.

and yet as much as its disliked its a hugely successful franchise in manga . anime and gaming with as big a following so something must be going right

Edited by Wodahs

36 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Sao should've stuck with a longer running version of it's own title: Sword Art Online.

I wish it was just the harem that was a problem, because then I could dismiss it. Instead pretty much everything outside of the animation has issues. Rather than me stating what I've said a dozen times before again though, I would ask you to look up a YouTuber named Mothers Basement. He pretty much broke down everything that's wrong with the series in multiple videos that are worth a watch. 

Meh ~ so you now dislike it because some one that seems as bad at getting to the point as the show he dislikes told you so ??

or for the reasons above which in them self's can have hols picked in the as much as you want to use them as a reason ??

or just coz you disliked it from the start or at a certain point but still felt well lets watch it all thru then find reasons not to like it

its an anime like it or dislike it , it still seems to be some ones cup of tea and going strong in sales to make good money

Hi everyone,  I appreciate everyone has their own strong opinions on this series, but can we PLEASE limit this topic to Sword Art Online Alicization.

Generic SAO discussion should go in other topics, such as these previous ones, thank you.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2017 at 9:44 PM, Wodahs said:

Meh ~ so you now dislike it because some one that seems as bad at getting to the point as the show he dislikes told you so ??

or for the reasons above which in them self's can have hols picked in the as much as you want to use them as a reason ??

or just coz you disliked it from the start or at a certain point but still felt well lets watch it all thru then find reasons not to like it

its an anime like it or dislike it , it still seems to be some ones cup of tea and going strong in sales to make good money

I was hoping people wouldn't actually assume that my opinion was based off of something someone else said. I feel like I've done enough in this forum that people didn't think I wasn't able to think for myself. Sad to to see that's not true, I merely recommended that someone here go watch someone who shares my opinion, but whatever I'm done. I'm done with you, and I'm done with this anime. I've said my bit about it enough times for most the regulars to see, so unless we get a whole bunch of new members who want to what people think about it, I see no point in continuing to talk about it. From here on out Woodahs, you're on my ignore list.

Edited by RepentantSky
  • Informative 1

• Geano locked this topic