Ōkami

SleepyLeoulf

I was curious if there is anyone here who likes the game Ōkami and is a fan as well?

I got into the game and more or less discovered it when I was in high school. I always been into wolves long as I can remember and was curious if there were any games out there that had wolves in it or wolf related stuff. I came across the game and read up on it and it sounded really cool and interesting to me so I bought it and tried it out. I instantly feel in love with it. I love the story and how the game looks graphic wise. So beautiful like a painting. I think it is based on asian culture maybe Japanese but not really fully sure. I know they made also a second one a sequel from the first game on the Nintendo DS which was also very cute and good.

If you do not now what Ōkami is then look it up on the Wiki page and it will tell you more about the game.

Whos your favorite character?

What system do you play it on?

My favorite character is a hard one since I love all of them really but if I had to choose I pick Rao.

The system I play it on is PlayStation 2. I hope I can get the game again on PlayStation 4. I am not sure if its out already for PS4 so.. I have to wait and keep an eye open if it comes out.

OkamiNTSCcoverFinal.jpg

Edited by Guest

Hello~!

Okami is my childhood, and it was an undeniably large game. I'm honestly glad to see another fan!

Coincidentally enough, we have the same reason we were brought into it, meaning I also got into the game because of my love for the wolves. The japanese art really makes it amazing. And yes, I am pretty sure most of the concept is based on Japanese culture and maybe some Shinto.

My favorite characters are Amateratsu and Gekigami, as well as that green firefly that always accompanied Amateratsu.

• Friendly 1

Hello~!

Okami is my childhood, and it was an undeniably large game. I'm honestly glad to see another fan!

Coincidentally enough, we have the same reason we were brought into it, meaning I also got into the game because of my love for the wolves. The japanese art really makes it amazing. And yes, I am pretty sure most of the concept is based on Japanese culture and maybe some Shinto.

My favorite characters are Amateratsu and Gekigami, as well as that green firefly that always accompanied Amateratsu.

Awesome to see another fan as well. :) Issun was his name that followed Amaterasu around. I found out that the re-made the game called Okami HD on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Can't wait for it to come out in December this year!

I also loved the fact you could draw on the game as well for a fighting system, was really epic.

• Like 1

Awesome to see another fan as well. :) Issun was his name that followed Amaterasu around. I found out that the re-made the game called Okami HD on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Can't wait for it to come out in December this year!

I also loved the fact you could draw on the game as well for a fighting system, was really epic.

Issun was a cute one. >ω<

That I can agree with, though! Okami HD makes me feel hyped.

The paintbrush was the greatest mechanic in my opinion.

The problem is, I cannot understand why they rated the game with T. I don't remember the game being too violent! :c

• Friendly 1

Issun was a cute one. >ω<

That I can agree with, though! Okami HD makes me feel hyped.

The paintbrush was the greatest mechanic in my opinion.

The problem is, I cannot understand why they rated the game with T. I don't remember the game being too violent! :c

Yeah he was. ( ^,.,^ ) Also I'm going pre-order the game soon as I can, for PS4! Yeah I second that, It was awesome the drawing aspect in the game. :D True, though some parts maybe could of seemed violent for younger players with all the fighting parts but I agree it didn't seem violent and shouldn't been rated T for teen. My opinion though..

• Friendly 1

Yeah he was. ( ^,.,^ ) Also I'm going pre-order the game soon as I can, for PS4! Yeah I second that, It was awesome the drawing aspect in the game. :D True, though some parts maybe could of seemed violent for younger players with all the fighting parts but I agree it didn't seem violent and shouldn't been rated T for teen. My opinion though..

If I ever get the chance I'll pre-order the game as well for my playstation.

Here's the deal, I have heard that even the youngest audiences in Japan can handle gorey, violent scenes, whereas in other countries it's either censored to keep its rating as E, or simply rise the rating to T. Though the crude humour wasn't of an excuse to keep the rating as T, it's been used at many family-friendly TV series and games yet no one paid attention to it. Or the fact that when you went to cut an enemy in half, then half of their body would separate one from the other. But as far as I can remember, most of the time there were only aftermaths of violent acts. xP

• Like 1

If I ever get the chance I'll pre-order the game as well for my playstation.

Here's the deal, I have heard that even the youngest audiences in Japan can handle gorey, violent scenes, whereas in other countries it's either censored to keep its rating as E, or simply rise the rating to T. Though the crude humour wasn't of an excuse to keep the rating as T, it's been used at many family-friendly TV series and games yet no one paid attention to it. Or the fact that when you went to cut an enemy in half, then half of their body would separate one from the other. But as far as I can remember, most of the time there were only aftermaths of violent acts. xP

Yeah I agree with you and get what you mean. *thumbs up* :)

• Friendly 1