Just Because!

Etyo

Can we please discuss the excellence of this first episode. In terms of directing fueling the character development, it's fantastic. Did you notice how it used character placements to form introductions? What do you all think of this show, let's discuss it, just because :P?

Oh, as soon as I saw this topic I knew I had to go and watch it.

MomoMiraicomparison.png.496e19be031e9a787246eb1aafd26786.png

First off, Momoka looks like Mirai from Kyoukai No Kanata.

Other than that, it seems like Eita's father is going to turn out to be a terrible person.

Initially I didn't like how they jumped from characters constantly, but afterwards it does make sense when you find out that a lot of them know Eita but it's definitely not something I'd like to see continued. Another problem I had was with the flashbacks, I didn't even know it was one until after it was over and I easily see it causing confusion if they continue to handle it like that. I think the problem also lies with how characters tend to look the same in middle school as in high school, a trope that should stop.

It kind of reminds me of Myself ; Yourself in the premise of someone coming back to his hometown and reuniting with all his friends, though without the brief somgoekgyo of what life was like before the main character moved away. The characters seem likeable enough but only time will tell if this story will be worth diving into.

• Like 1

Oh, as soon as I saw this topic I knew I had to go and watch it.

[ATTACH=full]33161[/ATTACH]

First off, Momoka looks like Mirai from Kyoukai No Kanata.

Other than that, it seems like Eita's father is going to turn out to be a terrible person.

Initially I didn't like how they jumped from characters constantly, but afterwards it does make sense when you find out that a lot of them know Eita but it's definitely not something I'd like to see continued. Another problem I had was with the flashbacks, I didn't even know it was one until after it was over and I easily see it causing confusion if they continue to handle it like that..

I think on the contrary I think that it just requires more focus from the audience, and I hate when someone guides me to understand a story. I want to think, I want to be intrigued and enlightened. I see your point in regards to their age not seeming much different, but unfortunately this can only be helped with better cuts and colour disparity and we don't want to see that cliche all over again. Give us stuff like "Rashomon" Akira Kurosawa.

I think on the contrary I think that it just requires more focus from the audience, and I hate when someone guides me to understand a story. I want to think, I want to be intrigued and enlightened. I see your point in regards to their age not seeming much different, but unfortunately this can only be helped with better cuts and colour disparity and we don't want to see that cliche all over again. Give us stuff like "Rashomon" Akira Kurosawa.

Desu desu! It works in this particular case because it helps to establish that most of these characters are a friend of the main character's. And besides, I'm postive they'll focus more on individual characters in following episodes.

So, who is your favorite character so far?

• Like 1

So, who is your favorite character so far?

To be honest, I don't know yet I am looking forward to getting to know all of them and then decide, I really like the guy who hit the home run I forget his name. I find his character interesting, and I am curious to know his back story.

• 3 weeks later...

I did a forum search for a thread like this and didn't get a response from the search so I started a thread discussion on it

yes I'm watching it and it to me has seemed interesting but a little slow to get up . but now at the end of the last episode I'm fairly interested to see how and where tis will go now

I like how like real life some in the anime can see whats going on like clear as day whilst others are oblivious to the events surrounding them and how its keeping then tethered in the group

I'm wondering why and if theres going to be any significance as to why Eita Izumi doesn't want that pic displayed