What's your first game you ever played?

SleepyLeoulf

I was curious on what were peoples first games they ever played in there lives.

What was the first game you ever played?

How would you rate it out of 10?

What system was it on?

My first game is Spyro 2 : Ripto's Rage on the PlayStation. I also give it over all a 8 out of 10. The game over all was given to me by my father for Christmas my first video game ever in my life. I enjoyed all my times playing that game and thought it was so awesome and also cute too. Wish I could still play it.

I think that the first game I've ever played was Final Fantasy 9 (IX).

As for the rating, I'd give it a large 10/10 for its beautiful cutscenes, music and character development as well as the world and scenery the situation is placed in... kupo! If I remember well, I used to play it a lot on my PlayStation.. back in 2003 as a gift I chose for my birthday! I have bought the remastered version for my PC, though, so I'm glad.

kupo__by_tickets-d4p8h61.png

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ragkt said:

I think that the first game I've ever played was Final Fantasy 9 (IX).

As for the rating, I'd give it a large 10/10 for its beautiful cutscenes, music and character development as well as the world and scenery the situation is placed in... kupo! If I remember well, I used to play it a lot on my PlayStation.. back in 2003 as a gift I chose for my birthday! I have bought the remastered version for my PC, though, so I'm glad.

kupo__by_tickets-d4p8h61.png

I enjoyed that game as well growing up. I watched my sister play it more than me though, but still had fun playing it myself. I agree with "its beautiful cutscenes, music and character development as well as the world and scenery" What you said. 

I'm a bit older so my first game wasn't on a console or anything, it was on a gaming cabinet, and it was pac-man. If I had to rate it, I'd give it a 7 out of 10. It's fun and it controlled well even back in the day, but pac-man can also get pretty boring if you're only decent at it, which I was never that great.

As far as i can remember, excite bike, contra, snow brothers... i played all these on the 8 bit console. 

Back in those games these games in cassettes, i loved playing them, i had a lot of these... i wonder where are all of them now... i dont remember throwing them 

The first game I ever played was abe's odyssey on the PS1, and man would I be happy to play it again and again xD

It was the whole reason why I love video games now, primarily since it introduced me to the concept of choice in games mattering

So yeah, I would give it a 9 out of 10, since the mines within the game are really annoying.

Peek A Boo OF COURSE jk but MC is the first pc game but If we are talking game in general it was angry birds when it was first released I played 24/7...

• 2 weeks later...

I'd have to say, it was Hudson's island I believe. I played it on this website called SmartAss, but the website has been taken down now. It had like every old game on their. I would rate Hudson's island an 9-10. Honestly, I loved that game so much and played it a lot.

• 1 month later...
On Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 8:10 AM, SleepyLeoulf said:

I was curious on what were peoples first games they ever played in there lives.

What was the first game you ever played?

How would you rate it out of 10?

What system was it on?

My first game is Spyro 2 : Ripto's Rage on the PlayStation. I also give it over all a 8 out of 10. The game over all was given to me by my father for Christmas my first video game ever in my life. I enjoyed all my times playing that game and thought it was so awesome and also cute too. Wish I could still play it.

First game ever played.....probably the Quiet Game. 

I'd rate it a 1 out of 10. No matter how quiet or how long you were quiet you could never win! It sucked!

It was on the Parenting System 3.0. Too worn out from my two older siblings to run well or keep up with me, that's for sure but still there dragging along. The graphics were alright and the sound was okay. Just the gameplay really sucked.

😉

• Funny 2

On 10/25/2017 at 9:47 AM, SleepyLeoulf said:

I enjoyed that game as well growing up. I watched my sister play it more than me though, but still had fun playing it myself. I agree with "its beautiful cutscenes, music and character development as well as the world and scenery" What you said. 

I have that game! My younger brother plays it all the time.  My first game was Lego Star Wars on the Xbox when I was two or three years old... I had played tbe original Spyro when I was one, but I obviously don't remember it that well. For Lego it's 9/10, but overall it's about a 6.5/10 and I probably wouldn't play it again without a partner.

The first game was Pokémon Fire red, I played it when I was four years old. The cartridge wasn't mine though, it was my cousin's and I took it from him without him noticing… I erased his save and ge got mad at me. However, in a way I'm glad I did it, because thanks to that I got introduced to the Pokémon world! 

For me, probably the original Mario Bros on the NES or Duckhunt. It was still new at the time and my friend's family, at the time, owned the NES. I had a lot of fun playing it with her...not sure how I'd rank it, though, since out of the NES Mario titles, the first game is the one I played the least as I enjoyed the other two way more.

Edited by ssjup81

My first game was .. Pong!  Seriously.  It was on some dedicated console that I think we got from Sears or something way (way, way, way) back in the 70s.  (Hmmm. should I be admitting that? O.o)  We're talking ancient technology here.. I think they'd just invented electrons the year or so before.  (jk)  I don't really know how to rate it.  It was extremely fun, but it was also unique.  There was nothing to compare it to.  At the time the other entertainment options were basically 1) watch one of the 3 network TV stations, 2) read a book, 3) go outside and play, 4) play a board game like Monopoly or scrabble, or 5) play a game of cards.  For me, my favorite activity has always been reading.  Pong was a close second back then, though by today's standards it wasn't that exciting.

Several years later my dad bought an Apple ][ and my brothers and I typed in a bunch of text games (in BASIC) from magazines like Byte.  There really wasn't anything like a game market back then.  You either learned to program and wrote your own (I did), you knew someone who could program and got them to do it for you (I wasn't that lucky), or you typed them in from books or hobby magazines.  I remember games like Star Trek, and  Colossal Cave Adventure (and being eaten by a grue).  There was even a text version of Oregon Trail.  xD   Couldn't for the life of me tell you which one was first.  To tell you the truth, I was more interested in the programming.  It's certainly what got me started down that path.

A little later, maybe a year or two, Space Invaders hit the arcades.  That was what really got me into gaming on computers, and in a lot of ways that was my first computer game.  Certainly it was my first computer game as we play them today on consoles or PCs.  Rate it 9/10 at the time, though maybe 6/10 of all the games I've ever played.  Space Invaders, Space Wars, Lunar Lander, Asteroids, Galaxian, Defender..  My friends and I dropped sooo many quarters on those games down at the arcade!

I think the first "real" commercial computer game I played on my home computer was something called Akalabeth on the Apple ][.  It was a (very) primitive 3d dungeon exploration game written by Richard Garriot, a.k.a. Lord British, and a precursor to the Ultima series on various platforms.  I'd give it a 4/10.  It kinda sucked.  Wire-frame 3d, slow, low-res.  Home computers were not good for games back then.

I didn't play my first actual home console game until I was in high school.  My friend got an Atari 2600 a couple years after it came out & we played one of the bundled games to death.  I think it was called simply Combat.  Tons of fun though.  Almost as good as the arcades.  6/10.

I didn't get my very own gaming computer until Nintendo's (original, B&W) Game Boy handheld came out.  Of course the first game I played on that was Tetris.  Can you say "obsession"?   xD  I carried that game everywhere for years.  I even have a version of it for my old 3DS that I still play from time to time.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1