Wedgy

Webcomics...?

I don't know if this necessarily counts as proper manga, but I really wanted to discuss webcomics. Mainly because I've spent an unhealthy amount of time reading them this week (staying up til 5am? Check.) They are so absurdly addicting. And some of them, at least, are anime-like in style, so I said why the heck not, let's see if anyone bites. Anybody else here indulge in this guilty pleasure?

So far, my very favourite has been Siren's Lament and Flow. Flow is already ended, but the story was so beautiful and the character development was nothing short of impressive. As for Siren's Lament, I can't get enough of it and it's made me laugh and cry and squeal and feel all sorts of feely feels and it's not even concluded yet. Also, I've never shipped so many ships in any single series before it, so I'll call it an accomplishment. (Imbeingsuchagirlimsorry.)

I've read quite a few more of them, but I'll resist for now. Some of you may know how long my posts can get after filling them with my endless stream of annoying consciousness. 

Edited by Wedgy

I read around 45 different comics on Webtoon. I’ve also finished quite a few completed series on there as well. Soooo yeah, I like webcomics 

1 hour ago, Kohloo said:

I read around 45 different comics on Webtoon. I’ve also finished quite a few completed series on there as well. Soooo yeah, I like webcomics 

Webtoon! Typically I'm not someone who downloads considerably "fun" stuff on my cell phone, because generally I don't use them. Webtoons has kept me reading on my phone late into the night and is soooo not good for me. :D I shouldn't be happy about that. Bad, bad Wedgy.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Wedgy said:

Webtoon! Typically I'm not someone who downloads considerably "fun" stuff on my cell phone, because generally I don't use them. Webtoons has kept me reading on my phone late into the night and is soooo not good for me. :D I shouldn't be happy about that. Bad, bad Wedgy.

I used to read a ton of different webcomics through their websites. I actually had to get an RSS Feed reader thigamajig to keep track of them all, because I was reading close to 100 different ones and always on the lookout for more. 

Now though, I hardly ever even open my laptop. So I fell out of webcomics for a long time. But then I stumbled across Webtoon and it’s just so awesome on the phone (I don’t even know what the desktop site looks like lmao). And once again, I’ve started getting tangled in webcomics again haha

• Friendly 1

20 minutes ago, Kohloo said:

I used to read a ton of different webcomics through their websites. I actually had to get an RSS Feed reader thigamajig to keep track of them all, because I was reading close to 100 different ones and always on the lookout for more. 

Now though, I hardly ever even open my laptop. So I fell out of webcomics for a long time. But then I stumbled across Webtoon and it’s just so awesome on the phone (I don’t even know what the desktop site looks like lmao). And once again, I’ve started getting tangled in webcomics again haha

Right? It's pretty impressive how well it actually works on your phone.
Got any series you think I should check out, Koh?

• Like 1

@Wedgy, one of my all-time favourites on there is Always Human by walkingnorth. It’s a completed series and well-worth the read. Another favourite is Space Boy by Stephen McCranie, currently ongoing. 

And because I can, the current list of what I read:

Boyfriend of The Dead, Nightmare Factory, Lunarbaboon, I Love Yoo, #Blessed, Nano List, Shard, A Messed Up Fairy Tale, Just For Kicks, Ecstasy Hearts, unOrdinary, Bluechair, Space Boy, Safely Endangered, Melvina’s Therapy, Lookism, Warning Label, My Boo, GOATZ, DICE, Tales of the Unusual, Super Secret, Rise from Ashes, Nothing Special, Adventures of God, Assassin Roommate, MOONBEARD, A Budgie’s Life, Tower of God, Wind Breaker, Big Jo, SubZero, My Dear Cold-Blooded King, Cheese in the Trap, Saphie: The One-Eyed Cat, Siren’s Lament, Midnight Rain, Let’s Play, Heroine Chic, Lackadaisy, Yumi’s Cells, Sarah’s Scribbles, Miss Abbott and the Doctor, Silent Horror

Too be honest I have never read a web-comic or at least never knowing it was on but I just looked at one and they seem pretty nice and I see the appeal to them this might become a pleasure but with some control.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kohloo said:

@Wedgy, one of my all-time favourites on there is Always Human by walkingnorth. It’s a completed series and well-worth the read. Another favourite is Space Boy by Stephen McCranie, currently ongoing. 

And because I can, the current list of what I read:

I will check those out for certain, totes magoats. (y) I also recognise a lot from that list of yours. I've been reading unOrdinary, and while it's extremely well done, I wish it were less predictable! Although the latest chapters have indeed managed to hook my interest, so I may change my mind about that later. 

Have you read Dragnarok? It's pretty badass, just on hiatus at the time being. Worth a read, though, I think. Dragons are awesome and stuff.

1 hour ago, Greeneyes said:

Too be honest I have never read a web-comic or at least never knowing it was on but I just looked at one and they seem pretty nice and I see the appeal to them this might become a pleasure but with some control.

Yes, come to the dark side, @Greeneyes:naughty: Hee hee hee...

• Like 1

@Wedgy, I tried reading Dragnorok but couldn’t quite get into it. I put it aside for now until it’s further progressed and I might restart it one day. I know what you mean about unOrdinary. The last few chapters though have been alright, piqued my interest anyway! I used to read God of Highschool, but I honestly can’t really stand it anymore. 

@Greeneyes, webcomics can be really good, but there’s a loooot to choose from. Also, if you’re one that’s swayed by art style I have a tip. If you stumble across a comic that you don’t like initially because of the art style? Take a peek at the most recent pages to see if the style changes to your liking at all. It’s very common (and quite fun I think) to see the art style change as the comic progresses (either from developing abilities, the author finding their style, or just simply for design choices). 

I have heard of web comics a bit but don't know much about them or where to read them, but I  also know some people are into them.

I like Johnny Wander!

They started out doing little slice of life comics but now they're doing full fledged stories. They're quite cute/charming. I've been following Yuko/Ananth for a long time so it's nice to see them getting more and more successful.