Where do you watch your anime?

marco9821

I have a premium crunchy sub and a netflix account that I stream from.  Sometimes I'll use hulu.  No place has everything though, and I can't afford to subscribe everywhere.  :(  Finding new stuff is sometimes tricky.

On 10/27/2017 at 9:30 PM, Wodahs said:

NAS with the Plex set up

I do this too.  I've got pretty much my entire DVD library online at this point.  Just like the first thing I do with CD I buy is rip it to itunes, the first thing I do with every DVD I buy is rip it to my Plex server on my NAS.  (Hardware is a Synology DS713+.)  I bought both the android and iOS clients for Plex, plus I use the web interface from my desktop system for both watching my shows and editing/managing the metadata in Plex.  Nice setup.

Physically, I usually use either my old Samsung Galaxy tablet (either plex or crunchy apps) or my desktop.  I've got a dual-head system, one of which is a decent-sized (42") HD monitor so I'll throw the show up there and either kick back in my chair (comfy!) or use the other monitor to work on something while I'm watching.  Sometimes I'll use my roku on the big monitor's alternate input, but that's getting rarer and rarer.  Usually I use my computer.

Edited by efaardvark
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, efaardvark said:

I have a premium crunchy sub and a netflix account that I stream from.  Sometimes I'll use hulu.  No place has everything though, and I can't afford to subscribe everywhere.  :(  Finding new stuff is sometimes tricky.

I do this too.  I've got pretty much my entire DVD library online at this point.  Just like the first thing I do with CD I buy is rip it to itunes, the first thing I do with every DVD I buy is rip it to my Plex server on my NAS.  (Hardware is a Synology DS713+.)  I bought both the android and iOS clients for Plex, plus I use the web interface from my desktop system for both watching my shows and editing/managing the metadata in Plex.  Nice setup.

Physically, I usually use either my old Samsung Galaxy tablet (either plex or crunchy apps) or my desktop.  I've got a dual-head system, one of which is a decent-sized (42") HD monitor so I'll throw the show up there and either kick back in my chair (comfy!) or use the other monitor to work on something while I'm watching.  Sometimes I'll use my roku on the big monitor's alternate input, but that's getting rarer and rarer.  Usually I use my computer.

I am a Netflix subscriber but here in aust the anime selection has never been great and the only other sites available are crunchy and animelab which I'm now a full subscriber to both now too

as for my plex I got in early and got the one of decent price for life subscription and the nas is an old pc still running win 8.1 pro both the pc's also have free to air commercial tv cards so I can record there too for plex

Edited by Wodahs