Post Your Wallpaper

Nights

The game is simple. Take a screenshot of your desktop, or even your handheld device, and share it with everyone here. Don't worry, we'll give you some time to get rid of the evidence beforehand xD

Here's my Oreimo wall ^^

my_wall.thumb.png.d9e40565a51b9e3a98555dc544beff07.png

• Like 1
  • Optimistic 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

• 2 weeks later...
The game is simple. Take a screenshot of your desktop, or even your handheld device, and share it with everyone here. Don't worry, we'll give you some time to get rid of the evidence beforehand xD

Here's my Oreimo wall ^^

[ATTACH]280[/ATTACH]

Aww~~That's so cute nya~~~

I can't show my screenshot here cuz I don't have anime desktop wallpaper ...

must hide my otaku side or else my mom would seriously roast me..and grill...

eh..and fry me..

• Funny 1

Aww~~That's so cute nya~~~onion-cute

I can't show my screenshot here cuz I don't have anime desktop wallpaper ...onion-cry2

must hide my otaku side or else my mom would seriously roast me..and grill...onion-cry

eh..and fry me..onion-wall

It doesn't have to be anime, it just has to be your wallpaper. For example, I just changed my wallpaper a few days ago (I also cleaned up my desktop >.<)

I took a stock image of Elsa and added some lyrics from 'Let It Go'.

elsa_let_it_go_wall.thumb.png.75d1ccdc889964459e9cf87d71650721.png

EDIT: I know them feels. I have to slam my laptop shut when I have a pony background. Anime backgrounds are fine because everyone knows I'm otaku but ... nobody knows I'm a brony >.>

• Optimistic 1

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately, my desktop is quite messy and I opt for no background image.

optic-desktop.thumb.jpg.513c74f44f6af5b35fdd00a9f052515e.jpg

Problem is as I have a multi-screen setup, so finding matching wallpapers for each screen is a challenge. Hope to spiff it up one day but admittedly it's a low priority for me right now. xD

ouchthis-hush

Problem is as I have a multi-screen setup, so finding matching wallpapers for each screen is a challenge. Hope to spiff it up one day but admittedly it's a low priority for me right now. xD

I would literally have a panic attack if I logged on to see my desktop like that. I'm so much of a neat freak when it comes to my desktop that I have to keep it clean. Folders in folders of folders holding folders.

You could do an image search on google to try and find multiple sizes to match all your screens for a background. You could even just go with separate backgrounds that way you have more diversity while viewing your desktops.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I actually have something to add about the backgrounds. I found a neat little program that lets you create an image to use that appears to be three different backgrounds for your screens. If you go to this website and download the dual wallpaper app, it will let you use multiple backgrounds that match up to each screen size. It basically takes these images and makes a single image that will display across all your screens but shows up just like normal wallpapers. I used it, after hours of searching for something like this, when I hooked up my laptop to my TV with an HDMI cable.

There are some other interesting programs but I've only tried the one for wallpapers.

• Informative 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I noticed my images keep dying when I accidentally delete them when I clean out my imgur sometimes :P Luckily I have back up copies to replace most to all the links later on though :)

@Optic: I thought that images were uploaded to the server so then if the link dies, the image will still remain. Maybe not...?

Anyway, new wallpaper again.

Screen-1-12-15.thumb.jpg.7fdac8612560676f2041488c37070324.jpg

• Useful 1

@Optic: I thought that images were uploaded to the server so then if the link dies, the image will still remain. Maybe not...?

It is supposed to yes. However it also checks the original image and updates the stored copy every week if it has changed. (i.e. if you're using a signature for example) It seems Imgur serves a branded "expired image" placeholder when the image expires due to inactivity, instead of giving a normal broken image from the browser.

So from the forum's perspective, the image hasn't broken and refreshed its copy with the branded "expired image" placeholder. I'll see what options there are to work around that.

So from the forum's perspective, the image hasn't broken and refreshed its copy with the branded "expired image" placeholder. I'll see what options there are to work around that.

Thanks, that would be helpful :) I'm just converting them to .jpg now, and uploading them directly so then there won't be anymore broken links.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have a boring wallpaper currently. Usually, I tend to use Legend of Zelda ones...'cept for Halloween where I pick something nice and spooky for my background.

This is one of Link in the woods. I prefer darker-schemed backgrounds or those using darker colors in a general sense.Desktop.thumb.jpg.be63c02b95b8637baba6c9e0ea6467ab.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Optic unpinned this topic