Black Clover

Wodahs

Black Clover (TV)

besides me and @Mars Terrais any one else watching this anime as well ?

I have stated it may not be on my top watch list but I'm fully involved anyway and for what it is and the Asta well "oddness" I seem to enjoy it and want to see how it pans out even tho at times I get the feeling a fly crawling up the wall could be enough to distract me when I get the feeling "well you know where this is going to lead"

but non the less even tho the out come may end up at what your expecting the journey there seems to be enjoyable non the less

• Love it! (Daisuki) 2

Well, it is certainly true that I put this on my to watch list, but ultimately I decided to go with the original manga to ensure I'd get the true ending. But I don't really see this as a problem and instead think it will be more fun to compare the two versions, so I hope no one minds if I discuss the manga here?

I tried watching a few episodes, but I was not that impress. It just seemed to feel too generic and rather slow, as well as the fact that Asia’s little thing of saying he is not done yet is really annoying.

I tried the manga too, and that was a bit better, but it got a little boring the closer I got to where Shonen Jump was. I do read the latest chapters in Shonen Jump though, even if I care more about Promised Neverland, Kenshin Hokkaido arc, and We Never Learn that reading Black Clover.

I've heard rumors that the plot gets a lot better later, so at the moment I'm sticking with it in hopes of seeing it play out :P It'd probably be a better read than watch, but the animation and color palette of the world is quite pretty IMO and it's nice on the eyes :3

This is probably the only anime that I've ever/will ever drop in sub immediately after hearing the dub. I was more tolerating it in sub because of, y'know, Asta's little problem, but in dub I can say I genuinely enjoyed it. The writing is still "every shonen ever," but I like shonen so ... for me at the moment, it's worth sticking with in hopes of seeing something new after we've got all the generic opening stuff done.

Little Yuno is also freaking adorable. :D

4 minutes ago, Wedgy said:

I gave it the three episode test. I couldn't stand Asta's yelling. It's the most annoying thing. Something like that shouldn't be enough to turn an audience away from something that should otherwise be an interesting story, which is a shame. Maybe if there is a dub in which he cools it with the incessant screaming, I'll give it another try. Until then, I'll have to pick up the manga if I want to follow Black Clover.

Try listening to the dub and see if you like it! I was pleasantly surprised, enough so that I'm planning on waiting for the dub to catch up to continue watching :P

22 hours ago, Wedgy said:

I can't say I like the dub much better, I guess. It definitely grates on my ears a little less, but there is still too much screaming. Maybe it's just the character I can't stand. D:

Fair enough; it still is quite a bit of screaming :P I guess I don't mind screaming much, but sub Asta just screams at the same pitch every single time and that kinda bothers me :3 But yeah, if you can't stand the main character it's probably a drop for you xD

Yeah I couldn't even get through the first episode because of Asta's poor voice acting, and that weird growling, purring screaming. I thought it looked interesting so me and my husband sat down to watch it and the look of complete agony, confusion and annoyance on his face and mine, was enough. I apologized to him and moved on to another show.

Besides, I mean... come on.

Oh look, a light haired light eyed protagonist who will stop at nothing to show his worth? And the dark haired brooding, always serious character? Does Naruto and Sasuke ring any bells? 

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’d never had to think into my feelings on the anime to much, because I really do like it a lot. Yet I wish they would show more of Yuno & more on Asta’s odd powers... if you could call it a power? Lol. 

3399A9A9-9AE3-43D8-9D58-D5511AD77054.gif

Hmm kinda the same above and also its Ep. 10 and like nothing happend so far its disappointing.... Oh yeah Swords CUT things and when you jab with it it sopposed poke into jeez Austas sword acts as a solid metal block instead of a thin sword.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started watching actually. Had it on my list and was waiting but Toonami started airing it so since I indulge I went ahead and started it. Though it releases faster in different areas so Toonami is a little behind. 

Did it finish airing? I remember putting it on my MAL and wait until it finishes airing. I just can't watch animes that are airing cause it would be a problem since I go binge watching all the time xD 

44 minutes ago, RyePotatoes said:

Did it finish airing? I remember putting it on my MAL and wait until it finishes airing. I just can't watch animes that are airing cause it would be a problem since I go binge watching all the time xD 

The series has 51 episodes and  only 13 aired until now. I started to watch it because i thought it'd be 13 episodes long as most of the animes nowadays. 

Edited by Muco
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Muco said:

The series has 51 episodes and  only 13 aired until now. I started to watch it because i thought it'd be 13 episodes long as most of the animes nowadays. 

Ohhh, I see. Guess I'll have to wait a little longer. xD 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/2/2018 at 4:58 PM, Neptvne said:

It was on my list but ultimately decided not to watch it after reading some reviews.

It was the same for me, especially since everyone was pointing at the "yelling" aspect of the show. However it definitely is different in the Dub versus the sub. The sub he screams all the time...and it has to be one of the most annoying voices ever while the dub is still yelling, it's not that dang screaming! However since Toonami was airing it I watched and finding its not that bad. Does have a snail paced progression though, and may end up killing itself with the variety of characters, but we'll see. Guess though its not going to be everyone's cup of tea.