Post Your Internet Speed

Nights

It's pretty common to see these threads on just about any forum you go to. Either as a way to see who's got the better internet or just for reference, users post their internet speeds as dictated by speedtest.net in this thread.

It's usually just one post per member but if you change your ISP or upgrade (or sadly downgrade) your internet you can re-post with your updated internet.

3627331461.png.e397a8f67d4eb121e7b058e076ee07dc.png

onion-stress My internet speeds can sometimes be a downer but it's still better than dial-up onion-cool

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Optimistic 1

3630357594.png.fc3aefa6f529236de3a7c56579fc46dd.png

Something with wanting fast internet for videogames <3

Better than my internet... even though for Australian standards my internet is fast since Australia has really slow internet compared to most countries :( hahaha I should do a speed test for my Mornington internet, its a lot slower than the one I have here. It's shockingly bad. Thank God my boyfriend is a computer expert and can find the best deals :)

• Agree 1

Ooh interesting topic!

Here's my result:

3630554410.png.e4a547595f6949e8701f81679dded0f1.png

I used to be on an ADSL2 connection via Telstra infrastructure at our old place, synced at around 17 mbps from memory and 1 mbps upload.

In a new development now with NBN (recent new Fibre network that was being deployed throughout Australia)... a little costly at $94.95 per month for 300 GB quota a month . But definitely much much better value than the old Telstra ADSL2 connection which we were paying $50 per month.

To be honest for normal website browsing, it loads around the same speed, which is expected as most websites we access are outside Australia so we transit through the submarine cable towards Singapore from Perth... It is however definitely more responsive and more bandwidth to go around when other people are using it at the same time.

And the upload speed definitely makes working on our website much easier when I upload the galleries.

onion-roll

3629809702.png.10c36b6853642d483de260f5e6e61739.png

Astralia has really slow upload....

That's super quick download and your upload is definitely higher than ADSL2... are you on Cable?

3630357594.png.523963bf3fe3dc3ac54c5be56e0b7e3c.png

Something with wanting fast internet for videogames <3

Overkill. You Dutch overdo everything. xD

onion-stunned

• Like 1

I'm on fiberglass, it's the newest thing and better than cable. Den Haag was the first city to get it. For this internet, cable tv (like a zillion channels) and housephone I pay 50 euros a month. Not too bad I think =)

• Agree 1
  • Winner 2

3629809702.png.ee9a17de1737fe380452a27d5cf576c0.png

Astralia has really slow upload....

My upload speed: 0.6

Your upload speed: 2.15

*sniff* ... *totally jealous*

Your internet speeds are way better than mine ... then again I live in an area that just recently got DSL. In my area I actually have one of the fastest internet connections. I wish we had fiber-optic internet around here >.< lol

• 3 weeks later...
It's funny how it actually gives a grade, I didn't notice that until now xD

The grade is a bit of a downer though as most people don't really have much of a choice in their Internet speeds unless they move to a different area. :(

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

5048281355.png.d447d0e26a9d4f6122462d0e2bc64d07.png

This would be a lot quicker if my house was one field to the side... but its not...

Welcome to country side Ireland.

• 1 year later...
Help, help. I can't hold all of these megabits. :|

think Ill should look for another provider after seeing that even if I could get a quarter the way there

but I did learn something else

you me and @Optic are (well) all from WA

you WA USA

me and Optic WA Australia :P

• Like 1