Open Club  ·  127 members

Writing Club

What is your favourite book?

Xyro

Mine is Gossamer. :) It's a book way back 2006. I've actually encountered this book because of our school library which contains pretty much old books from the 19-forgottens xD

So I read this book when I was still in 7th grade which is 5 years ago. The book is about dream givers and how these dream givers influenced the life of an old woman and a boy. I don't know why but I've been attached to it ever since. Maybe because I've always been curious about dreams and what are they meant for and that book actually showed me what it meant even if it's  fictional it still stirs up the mind and gives an answer to my unanswered curiosity ever since. :)

I'm in love with The Hunger Games series. I finished the first two books in the past two days, and now I'm in the final book, Mockingjay. 

This book makes me wanna laugh and cry at the same moment. It's so romantic and emotional...I can't stop reading it once I've started. I first head of this book back in 2013, when I got it as a present from my Aunt. I ignored it, but then when my brother started reading it I felt a bit curious. A few days ago, i finished all my books (I'm a fast reader!) and had nothing to read. That's when I spotted it, just laying there on the table with all the other books. I picked it up and started reading. In a few minutes I was so absorbed in the book that I just kept on reading it. The book is a must read along with The Game of Thrones and The Lord of The Ring. 

If I had to pick a favourite book, I'd have to say any book from the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. I haven't finished the whole series yet (I am currently reading the fourth book of the third series) but there hasn't been a single book yet that I've particularly disliked. I just have so much fun reading the books! The feeling I get seeing all my favourite characters in the books mature and become essential parts of their Clan is indescribable. I'm not a huge fan of the third series right now but I still really adore it! I'd have to say my favourite books were from the second series. It was so action-packed and emotional.

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For me it's definetley Lord of the Rings, the trilogy. It's such a vast world full of cool beasts and stories, and the one told in LOTR is but one of many of them.

• 2 months later...

One choice is impossible- 

The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Watership Down by Richard Adams
The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck
The Mysterious Stranger by Mark Twain
A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
Lord of the Flies by William Golding
Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
Of Human Bondage by W. Somerset Maugham
The Monk by Matthew Lewis 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey,

my currently favourite book is WarriorCats from Erin Hunter and The Night Huntress Serie from Jeaniene Frost.

I realy love fantasy stories and vampires too. So I have read the Night Huntress Series again and again.

In my vampire period I love the Twilight movies over and over, but thats many years ago.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I recently got back into reading for fun. So far I'm really enjoying the "Wings of Fire" series by Tui T. Sutherland. It's all about dragons~ I'm only halfway through the first book, but I can't wait to read the rest! The author also worked on the "Warriors" series by Erin Hunter, so it's pretty good. As a matter of fact I think I might even enjoy Wings of Fire even more than Warriors, and that's coming from a crazy cat person! 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 11/3/2017 at 8:10 PM, RyePotatoes said:

Mine is Gossamer. :) It's a book way back 2006. I've actually encountered this book because of our school library which contains pretty much old books from the 19-forgottens xD

So I read this book when I was still in 7th grade which is 5 years ago. The book is about dream givers and how these dream givers influenced the life of an old woman and a boy. I don't know why but I've been attached to it ever since. Maybe because I've always been curious about dreams and what are they meant for and that book actually showed me what it meant even if it's  fictional it still stirs up the mind and gives an answer to my unanswered curiosity ever since. :)

This one sounds really interesting! Reminded me a bit of The Giver, also a good book.

On 3/25/2018 at 6:59 PM, Chσpstιcks_ said:

There are no single favorite books to me. 

The Dark Tower series - Stephen King

The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown

Angel of Darkness - Caleb Carr

(Just to name a few...)

I read The Dark Tower series and The Da Vinci Code too. The Dark Tower books were well written, though I was left unsatisfied with the last three. Still great though. Really enjoyed the characters and their quest. And I read The Da Vinci Code with my family and we were hooked. Very intriguing.

On 1/25/2019 at 4:53 PM, YuiHappyHugs said:

I recently got back into reading for fun. So far I'm really enjoying the "Wings of Fire" series by Tui T. Sutherland. It's all about dragons~ I'm only halfway through the first book, but I can't wait to read the rest! The author also worked on the "Warriors" series by Erin Hunter, so it's pretty good. As a matter of fact I think I might even enjoy Wings of Fire even more than Warriors, and that's coming from a crazy cat person! 

A friend told me about these books. They sound very cute and I love dragons, so I think I'd like them. I haven't actively gone looking for these books, though.

My own favorites are the Harry Potter series (JK Rowling), The Chronicles of Narnia (CS Lewis) and The Host (Stephenie Meyer).

Edited by Mystical
  • Friendly 1