Why SAO

Greeneyes

SAO  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like sao?

• No
    • Yes!

11876.thumb.jpg.365d1aa5a01a880acdda687aa826db44.jpg

So I know lots of people like SAO so do I but I also a aware of the people that hate it

but I never under stood why people hate it so I made this for all the people that hate it and I ask you

Why do you hate SAO so much? Give me reasons I will debate with you if necessary!

Edited by Greeneyes
Update
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

I hate the books more than the anime, but I would say that the characters lack any depth and/or do not seem to be like actual people, which are things that I could definitely see in both the anime and novel.

Another thing that was not so great was the Fairy Dance arc, which, even to me, felt unnecessary and was only added into the first series to extend the length of the anime, as there was no danger or anything that made the Aincrad arc great and Asuna was the cliched damsel in distress.

As for SAO II, it was rather boring, with only one good arc and that arc finally allowed Asuna to develop as a character, whereas the previous arcs were boring and the handling of Kirito's sudden PTSD was not very believeable (a point other people have brought up).

People will like and hate what they will, so I do not see a point in trying to convince people otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

its like any anime unfortunately, either you like it or don't !

and no anime has just one group , it will always have both but peoples views and tastes will alway differ , so i feel that when recommending an anime i try to let them know it's my view and that doesnt mean they should or will see it for what i see it for

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2017 at 2:55 PM, novFilms said:

sao is stupidly over popular for what it is? i mean if you watch re zero even onces you like it 5000 times more than sao.

Re: Zero, is also highly overrated, and has indirectly inspired a ton of lazy copycats hoping to match it. At least SAO didn't do that, shockingly. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RepentantSky said:

Re: Zero, is also highly overrated, and has indirectly inspired a ton of lazy copycats hoping to match it. At least SAO didn't do that, shockingly. 

yes it did. go and serch virturealty anime and youll find like 500 of em

Kind of have to agree with Re: Zero being highly overrated. While neither it nor SAO were particularly great, it did an even worse job of capturing my interest than SAO, since I could not get beyond one episode and never really had the interest return to it, whereas I at least felt invested in the Aincrad and Mother’s Rosario arcs in the anime, in spite of the flaws.

kind of funny though that it inspire a lot of lazy copycats though, since it reminded me of Isekai has seemingly taken over anime.

Edited by brycec

17 minutes ago, novFilms said:

yes it did. go and serch virturealty anime and youll find like 500 of em

If you're certain there are a bunch of copycats, why not tell me which ones you are so convinced are indeed copycats, because when I looked up virtual reality anime, I saw, perhaps ironically, virtually nothing. 

1 hour ago, RepentantSky said:

If you're certain there are a bunch of copycats, why not tell me which ones you are so convinced are indeed copycats, because when I looked up virtual reality anime, I saw, perhaps ironically, virtually nothing. 

here are some i found in 30 seconds

.hack

sign and .hack

root

danmatchi

3 hours ago, novFilms said:

here are some i found in 30 seconds

.hack

sign and .hack

root

danmatchi

First off, that's 5, I think, unless your talking dot hack root, and if you are, that makes two. .hack as a series started in 2002, but had a manga in 2001, and was in concept possibly as far back as 1999, so .hack//Sign and .hack//Root, along with any one of their movies or shorter anime, or manga, do not count. At best they influenced SAO. Danmatchi and King's Avatar gives you two, but you forgot about Overlord, so I'll help you out and give you three. You know what's funny about that number? That's how many anime I'm aware of from Summer 2017, that tried to use the concept of Re:Zero, so in a matter of two years, you got as many anime based off of SAO, as Re:Zero got, in one season. Please do some research before you just see an anime that has a similar setting to another one, and assume they must have been influenced by that first anime you were thinking of. I did that research on the last two you mentioned in the same 30 seconds you did finding 5 anime, some of which do not count.

Edited by RepentantSky
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, RepentantSky said:

First off, that's 5, I think, unless your talking dot hack root, and if you are, that makes two. .hack as a series started in 2002, but had a manga in 2001, and was in concept possibly as far back as 1999, so .hack//Sign and .hack//Root, along with any one of their movies or shorter anime, or manga, do not count. At best they influenced SAO. Danmatchi and King's Avatar gives you two, but you forgot about Overlord, so I'll help you out and give you three. You know what's funny about that number? That's how many anime I'm aware of from Summer 2017, that tried to use the concept of Re:Zero, so in a matter of two years, you got as many anime based off of SAO, as Re:Zero got, in one season. Please do some research before you just see an anime that has a similar setting to another one, and assume they must have been influenced by that first anime you were thinking of. I did that research on the last two you mentioned in the same 30 seconds you did finding 5 anime, some of which do not count.

my bad. gg dude glhf man

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎07 at 6:55 PM, novFilms said:

sao is stupidly over popular for what it is? i mean if you watch re zero even onces you like it 5000 times more than sao.

Yeah, no. I watched Re:Zero and I liked it, I love Rem and Ram and some other character are great as well but Subaru sucks! I mean, wow, if I cant stand the main character in an anime then I cant enjoy it to its fullest and tbh, Subaru is one of my most hated anime characters ever; I also thought the story was a bit lacking and over-all it was an "OK" anime, I only watch it for mah beautiful Maids. <3 

SAO on the other hand was much more interesting with actual likeable characters and a better story, an actual explained story. Nothing like Re:zero which just dumps the main character into a parallel world and then never attempts to even try to explain how. Also SAO has better art and art is a big deal for me when watching anime. Not to mention SAO's characters have a lot to them, I don't get how people don't see this, they develop very well and the show's storyline does as well.

I have watched SAO the entire series through twice already and I loved it just as much both times.

• Like 1
  • Creative 1

1 hour ago, SAO LILDOOP said:

Yeah, no. I watched Re:Zero and I liked it, I love Rem and Ram and some other character are great as well but Subaru sucks! I mean, wow, if I cant stand the main character in an anime then I cant enjoy it to its fullest and tbh, Subaru is one of my most hated anime characters ever; I also thought the story was a bit lacking and over-all it was an "OK" anime, I only watch it for mah beautiful Maids. <3 

SAO on the other hand was much more interesting with actual likeable characters and a better story, an actual explained story. Nothing like Re:zero which just dumps the main character into a parallel world and then never attempts to even try to explain how. Also SAO has better art and art is a big deal for me when watching anime. Not to mention SAO's characters have a lot to them, I don't get how people don't see this, they develop very well and the show's storyline does as well.

I have watched SAO the entire series through twice already and I loved it just as much both times.

every body has their own opinion and i respect your. my sister also likes sao more than re zero 

its just my opnion that i like subaru and love watching him solving problem and getting torcherd.

:|

:D:D:D:D

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

On 11/7/2017 at 4:55 PM, novFilms said:

I can't say I believe you I seen the first 5 Ep. of Re Zero but probably liked it x7 less but thats just me...

11 hours ago, Greeneyes said:

I can't say I believe you I seen the first 5 Ep. of Re Zero but probably liked it x7 less but thats just me...

re zero aint something that you can watch 7 epss of and estimate its goodness

ya i agree that its kida boring at the start as you get into it youl love it way more than any anime 

go and watch till ep 15 and you will find it mejitic man.

16 minutes ago, novFilms said:

re zero aint something that you can watch 7 epss of and estimate its goodness

ya i agree that its kida boring at the start as you get into it youl love it way more than any anime 

go and watch till ep 15 and you will find it mejitic man.

Sometimes, one cannot wait until the fifteen episode until it gets good. I do have quite a bit of patience, but, depending on the length of an anime, it could end up like I had to read hundreds of page before a book got good and it was near its end.

The is a reason why the 3-episode rule is a big guideline that many go by, though Ancient Magus Bride’s anime was not that impressive until after episode 3.

2 hours ago, brycec said:

Sometimes, one cannot wait until the fifteen episode until it gets good. I do have quite a bit of patience, but, depending on the length of an anime, it could end up like I had to read hundreds of page before a book got good and it was near its end.

The is a reason why the 3-episode rule is a big guideline that many go by, though Ancient Magus Bride’s anime was not that impressive until after episode 3.

well one cant know a taste of something by looking at it.

and i agree that it depends.

• Geano locked this topic