Image height overflowing in post

Greeneyes

Question

5 answers to this question

All good! I THOUGHT we hammered out the editor for image uploads on the test site using copy and paste of the image in clipboard and copy and paste of the image URL but didn't consider drag and drop. xD

I'll make a note of this and test this again in future.

For now just copy and paste via clipboard or just copy and paste the image URL (in Chrome for example it's called the image address).

4 hours ago, Greeneyes said:

So not sure but don't think my page should look like this...

@Optic

1.thumb.png.6cfeb2ce9e22ce8be2143eecefbd30c4.png

Thanks for reporting - looks like @Peacock has found a bug when you insert very large images from an external website: the height is not being recognised properly. I will follow up with the developers.

If you upload the image manually and then insert it that will workaround it but yes definitely will follow up.

2 hours ago, Optic said:

Yes as mentioned already there should be a field when you click the “Edit Profile” button on the top right corner of your Profile Cover image. Please let me know if you still can’t find it and I will investigate further.

Thanks for reporting - looks like @Peacock has found a bug when you insert very large images from an external website: the height is not being recognised properly. I will follow up with the developers.

If you upload the image manually and then insert it that will workaround it but yes definitely will follow up.

Oops.... xD

It looked fine when I first uploaded it, I promise! 

Hi @Peacock I've edited your post and this should now be fixed, apparently when you added the image you also inherited the page layout structure around the image (which contained a fixed height container) from another webpage. I'd be curious to know more details on how the image was inserted to try and prevent it from happening again? Was it just a copy and paste?

19 minutes ago, Optic said:

Hi @Peacock I've edited your post and this should now be fixed, apparently when you added the image you also inherited the page layout structure around the image (which contained a fixed height container) from another webpage. I'd be curious to know more details on how the image was inserted to try and prevent it from happening again? Was it just a copy and paste?

Naa, it was a direct drag and drop from google images. Not sure if that helps, but i do apologize for it happening in the first place ^w^

...Was kind-of cool though XD....