Would you pick something you love over someone you love?

Metro

So basically the point of this thread is to see would you pick something you love more than anything and something you want to pursue as a career or a big part of your life over someone you love (such as wife, husband, boyfriend, girlfriend)? 

• Like 1

For me personally I would pick the person I love more than something I love like a career or job. For me why is I can always get a job or pressure my career again in the future maybe or if not right away find something else to do like a second option for myself. But If I had someone that I was with I would pick them since there important to me. They will always support me in what ever I do and be there for me at the end of the day. Through good and bad times. When I'm with the person I love if the decide to do that to me I would fully respect it if they wanted to do something for there dream. Even though it would suck a bit in my opinion but I want them happy and with there life. I just want the best for them since I love them and still support  them still even if something happens between us or becomes different. But yeah I would stay by my loved one more than do a job or a career of my dreams. Maybe that's weird to some but its what I would do and my opinion on it. @Metro Thanks for making this thread its a really good one.

Edited by SleepyLeoulf
  • Like 2

In all honesty, I am entirely work focused and I think I may always be worked focused. Its not that I don't care for anybody else, I just love writing and creating worlds so much that if the opportunity arrived for me to become a professional author I would do that in a heartbeat.

Moreover, I kind-of would rather let people find their own ways. That's one of the main reasons I love writing so much, because I am able to meet so many new people and come up with so many different and unique characters to re-tell their life-stories.

(And besides, I would need to find my Atsuko for me to think otherwise to be fair.)

• Like 1

This is kind of tough one for me.

Many times, I have chosen what I liked or wanted over the people that I should care about, and I have even chosen to be selfish because I was forced into it.

However, I would probably choose the people I care about, as long as I am in a good enough position to do so and am making the choice of my own will, as opposed to somebody trying to force and/or guilt trip me into.

I would pick something I love whether that be a person or even an animal like my dog, money means nothing to me and I don't really need to buy anything or never want much in life. I would sacrifice my career for my family and loved one's anytime 

• Friendly 1

50 minutes ago, Viper said:

I would pick something I love whether that be a person or even an animal like my dog, money means nothing to me and I don't really need to buy anything or never want much in life. I would sacrifice my career for my family and loved one's anytime 

I love your answer. I love my animals as well and would do the same. I should of put that myself in my answer too. But yeah I also agree money means nothing and don't think it makes people happy. I just want the simple things in life too since I don't care for being popular. My family I would choose first above all things and that special someone.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SleepyLeoulf said:

But yeah I also agree money means nothing and don't think it makes people happy.

Would be nice if money was not necessary, but, unfortunately, in this current society of ours, money is something we need to survive, as well as sometimes help those we want to help, such as getting them medical treatment.

Unfortunately, society itself would have to fall, before we can live somewhere where we do not need money.

I do agree that it does not make people happy though.

Practically speaking, as a teenager whose life is not yet stable, I would definitely without a doubt pick my career over someone I love. 

It's a selfish choice in a selfish world. If that someone loves me then he should support me in whatever opportunity that may come my way cause I would definitely do the same for him even if it means him picking his career or education perhaps over me. Besides, that someone I love now might not be the someone I would love in the future. Things can happen and things can change. I would definitely not throw away a big opportunity just for something that is not guaranteed to be permanent.  

• Like 1