Mars Terra

What magical girl titles have you completed?

For myself...

Anime

☆ Cardcaptor Sakura

☆ Cardcaptor Sakura The Movie

☆ Date・A・Live

☆ Date・A・Live II

☆ Date・A・Live Movie: Mayuri Judgement

☆ Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha

☆ Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's

Manga

☆ Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica

• Friendly 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

@Mars Terra Not sure if this counts but here are some I got close to finishing.:?

✿ Puella Magi Madoka Magica ( 1 season ) FINISHED

✿ Cardcaptor Sakura ( 1 season )

✿ Salior Moon ( 1 season )

✿ Tweeny Witches ( 1 season ) - Re- watching it now to try and finish it. 

Also I watched all these a long time ago so I would have to re- watch them all to finish them and will be soon, since there on my watch list. 

• Friendly 1

@SleepyLeoulf I think there are actually titles where I almost made it to the end of or I skipped a episode and I still count it as completing them since I know what happens. But you've finished Madoka★Magica already, correct?

Edited by Mars Terra

@SleepyLeoulf I see, there are but Rebellion is the only original--though I haven't heard very good things about it. :? And thanks, a fun fact is the girl in my signature (Ringo Ando) is that early concept art reveals she was originally intended to be a magical girl and that is most likely the basis of Puyo 7's transformation mode. You have a good signature too, the words are very true. ^^

@Mars Terra I see alright and yeah I know there are a few movies of the series that are out, on Netflix mostly right now. Hmm I see well she's kawaii and pretty looking. :3 Heh, well my signature is a quote I made up myself and also right now trying to figure out what kind of graphic or picture I want for my signature. 

Cardcaptor Sakura

Sailor Moon (all series)

Shugo Chara!

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (all series)

Vivid Strike!

Flip Flappers

Twin Angels Break

Puella Magi Madoka Magica 

Magical Girl Raising Project

Wish Upon The Plieades

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Today I completed Lady Jewelpet, something I've been watching for over a year and a half now. I'll write a review for it next week since I'm writing review for both seasons of Owari no Seraph this week.

• Like 1

I haven’t heard of that one before!

Will have to look up soms more about it!

• Friendly 1

@C_C_S I don't know the details but I think the franchise has started being licensed in europe, where it hasn't been licensed outside of japan before. Funny thing, I meant to watch the first Jewelpet anime but got confused and started Lady Jewelpet by accident. xD

Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Yuuki Yuna is a Hero, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and Magical Girl Raising Project.

Of course Infeel Nanoha is the best (eagerly waiting for the third movie to see very soon) ;)

STILL haven’t seen Cardcaptor Sakura..

Arjuna  (or Earth Maiden Arjuna)  ~  This is an older anime...very interesting...with a Captain Planet vibe (but in a Japanese style).  I think it would be a borderline Magical Girl anime.  I would classify it as one, but others might not.  I'm linking it here since I imagine it to be a fairly less known anime.  I tracked down a copy of the complete series at an anime convention.  It's a love or hate series for sure. 

Chikyuu Shoujo Arjuna (Winter 2001)

1. PG-13
  2. 13 episodes
  3. 26 minutes
  4. TV

Details

1. Rating
    6.9/8K
  2. Source
    Original
  3. First Episode
    Jan 9, 2001
  4. Last Episode
    Mar 27, 2001
  5. Status
    Finished Airing
  6. Broadcast
    Tuesdays at 18:00
  7. Studio
      • Satelight
  8. Genres

Cast

1. Juna Ariyoshi
  2. Chris Hawken
  3. Cindy Klein

Crew

• Producer
    • Director
    • Script
    • Storyboard
    • Planning
    • Series Composition
    • Original Creator
    • Sound Director

Juna was just an ordinary high-school girl, right up until the day she died in a motorcycle accident. But there, in the twilight of death, she saw the future of the barren earth destroyed by the Raaja, and was offered a second chance at life if she would stop them. Now she must learn to cast aside her thoughtlessly destructive ways and face her destiny as the Avatar of Time, the one being who can decide the fate of the planet. written by myanimelist.net
  1. 3774
  2. #2645 popularity
  3. 22K members
  4. 162 favorites
Updated
  • All Names
  • English Arjuna
  • Original 地球少女アルジュナ
  • Other Names Earth Maiden Arjuna, Earth Girl Arjuna

Cardcaptor Sakura (original series and movies)  ~  I discovered this in my youth and still love it today.  I finally broke down and watched the first 12 episodes of Clear Card (such memories it brought flooding back up, I had planned on binging it when it was fully released) so I'm partway through that one.

Fate Kaleid Prisma Illya  ~  A different twist on the Fate series.  I really enjoy it.  It is very sweet and kind of interesting....and very funny at times too.  I have yet to watch the 2wei (though I have it) and so on, but that is more a lack of time issue than lack of interest.

Magic Knight Rayearth  ~  I managed to get halfway through this one before time got away from me again.  It's pretty good...I plan on eventually returning to it. 

My-HIME  ~  I ALMOST got to the end of this one.  I do personally consider it a magical girl series (as they technically have summoning powers) but my copy has a bad disk towards the end and it froze in a very bad spot that just rubbed me all wrong.  Never went back to finish it...  I think of this one as being borderline magical girl....

My Z-HIME My OTOME  ~  This I watched the entire way through, movies included.  It is an okay series and it too is borderline Magical Girl...probably less Magical Girl than My-HIME.  Where I'd say My-HIME is magical girl...I am not sure I could make a good argument for this one, even though they are related.

Pretear  ~  This one is unique in that it is a reverse harem...that also is kind of Magical Girl as well.  I watched most of this before I was distracted.  Plan to go back and finish it eventually.

Cover

Shin Shirayuki-hime Densetsu Prétear (Spring 2001)

1. PG-13
  2. 13 episodes
  3. 23 minutes
  4. TV

Details

1. Rating
    7.3/21K
  2. Source
    Manga
  3. First Episode
    Apr 4, 2001
  4. Last Episode
    Jun 27, 2001
  5. Status
    Finished Airing
  6. Broadcast
    Wednesdays at 18:30
  7. Studio
      • Hal Film Maker
  8. Genres

Cast

1. Hayate
  2. Himeno Awayuki
  3. Sasame

Crew

• Director
    • Original Creator
    • Director
    • Episode Director
    • Storyboard
    • Sound Director

A sixteen-year-old girl is struggling to adjust to a new step-family when seven guys appear on the scene revealing that she possesses a special magical power. Shying away from the strange group, she later joins them when a monster places her friend's life in jeopardy. Without training, she must prove herself capable to take up the sacred duty of the Pretear. They must resolve their differences and work together to defeat the evil princess intent on destruction. written by myanimelist.net
  1. 2436
  2. #1725 popularity
  3. 44K members
  4. 411 favorites
Updated
  • All Names
  • English Prétear: The New Legend of Snow White
  • Original 新白雪姫伝説プリーティア
  • Other Names Shin Shirayuki-hime Densetsu Pretear

Puella Magi Madoka Magica  ~  Watched the original series on hulu or Netflix...don't remember.  Working on collecting the movies currently.

Selector infected WIXOSS and Selector spread WIXOSS  ~  I believe this one to be a magical girl series, though some might debate me on that.  I greatly enjoyed it, and it is extremely different from other Magical Girl series.

Selector Infected WIXOSS (Spring 2014)

1. R-17+
  2. 12 episodes
  3. 24 minutes
  4. TV

Details

1. Rating
    7.3/45K
  2. Source
    myanimelist_values_source_cardgame
  3. First Episode
    Apr 4, 2014
  4. Last Episode
    Jun 20, 2014
  5. Status
    Finished Airing
  6. Studio
      • J.C.Staff
  7. Genres

Cast

1. Ruuko Kominato
  2. Akira Aoi
  3. Iona Urazoe

Crew

• Director
    • Episode Director
    • Storyboard
    • Theme Song Lyrics
    • Sound Director
    • Episode Director
    • Storyboard
    • Key Animation

Things are not always what they seem. This is especially true for Ruuko Kominato, when she receives a deck of cards for the popular card game WIXOSS, only to find a girl trapped inside her LRIG, or avatar card. Upon meeting others in the same situation, Ruuko discovers that she has now become a "Selector," a player in a special version of WIXOSS where girls can battle each other for a chance to have their deepest desires come true. However, there is a catch. In contrast to the glory that awaits them after their victories, there is a cruel fate: if they lose three times, their lives will be destroyed.

In an ominous game filled with lies and deceit, Ruuko and her newfound friends must uncover the secrets behind WIXOSS and realize what is truly most important to them before it is too late. written by myanimelist.net
  1. 2247
  2. #865 popularity
  3. 104K members
  4. 517 favorites
Updated
  • All Names
  • English selector infected WIXOSS
  • Original selector infected WIXOSS

Sailor Moon  ~  I have watched all of the original series except for the Sailor Stars series...watched Crystal up until Dark Lady showed up.  I have some distinct problems with the series that is more difficult to forgive the older I get (for example, Mamoru's guardians refusing to be revived as more than pieces of rocks...supposedly this is because the name of the series is Sailor Moon and them being in existence would put more importance on the Sailor Senshi.  I don't know if that's true, but living as a advising rock is stupid and cruel to the Senshi.  Make amends in person for crying out loud.).  I try my best not to be harsh on the series as it is a good introductory series for people so I take it in small doses these days.

• Similar Content

• By XII360
      Yuuta is just your typical guy who enjoys an ordinary school life with his childhood friend Yuuna. Suddenly one day, a mansion appeared in his backyard, inhabited by the vampire princess Luce. One by one, other other-worldly princesses came to him, all of whom had made a childhood promise to be his bride when they grew up. He didn’t remember the promises, but then Yuuna also joined into the fray and proclaimed that she’s the one who will always be with him.
      source: VNDB(abyyy) officially translated by: Mangagamer (alas, not on steam)

pretty much you're average, "Mc is a thot gets sent to other dimensions, and make's the world's princess fall for him, but coincidentally, has amnesia about it" type of VN, 
      but yea, its pretty much comedy-ish, and nothing too "exciting" like, fighting scenes and such, (atleast, i didn't see any fight scenes), and is more focused on the story of certain princess, and how they met the MC/winning over the Mc's heart
      so far i finished one route; being julia's, and midway on karin's route, after karin's im somewhat interested in knowing yorihime's and luce's story, not so much on luluna, as i have this wierd feeling, i know how her story ends >.>, also best girl
      oh right, also, as its made by <MOONSTONE>, somewhat famed for making <erogenous games>, (e.g. imouto series) as expected, this too contains R18 scenes, that probably doesn't have a non R18 version, probably, i never did my research, so you have been forwarned early~!
    • By Athena
      I wanted to make this topic in this group since I've gotten back into the whole " Magical Girl " genera in anime or manga. I grew up watching  / reading more other animes or even mangas things at the time but later stopped for a bit to try other types of genera's out there for a while. Then I discovered some that I never knew was consider a " Magical Girl " anime or manga. So far I just noticed anime ones like Tweeny Witches  and Kill La Kill. ( Which I watched the series and ❤ but .. yet to finish them.. ύ.ὺ ) I thought they were just like any other type of genera, but I guess I was mistaken and did not take a closer look at it. m/(>.<)\m  
      Have anyone here heard of those series I mention? Or know of any others out there you never knew was consider one of this genera? 

• By Winterprison
      Hi!
      I recently signed up on crunchyroll and discovered the anime Magical Girl Ore. Some quick research showed that it is based off of a manga originally published in 2012 that consists of 2 volumes. However, I can not find these volumes anywhere. I'm finding it impossible to even find any information about whether or not an english translation exists. 
      Does anyone have any information as to where I could find this manga? It seems crazy that it would be released as an anime available in North America but not the manga, which would help promote it. I DID find a french translation which also leads me to believe an english one must exist. Maybe it is just translated under a different name?
      Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    • By Neptvne
      Touya Mochizuki was accidentally killed, and as an apology, God allows him to be reborn in a fantasy world and will grant him anyone wish he desires. And so, Touya chooses to keep his smartphone in the next world. In his second chance at life, he befriends many important figures and comes across the world's secret. He inherits the legacy of an ancient civilization and travels around nonchalantly while possessing powers that rival this world's kings.
      Source: MyAnimeList
Anime Forums is where fans from around the world can gather to discuss anime and Japanese culture!  All anime fans are welcome. Take a moment to join us now!