Mars Terra

What magical girl titles have you completed?

For myself...

Anime

☆ Cardcaptor Sakura

☆ Cardcaptor Sakura The Movie

☆ Date・A・Live

☆ Date・A・Live II

☆ Date・A・Live Movie: Mayuri Judgement

☆ Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha

☆ Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's

Manga

☆ Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica

• Friendly 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

@Mars Terra Not sure if this counts but here are some I got close to finishing.:?

✿ Puella Magi Madoka Magica ( 1 season ) FINISHED

✿ Cardcaptor Sakura ( 1 season )

✿ Salior Moon ( 1 season )

✿ Tweeny Witches ( 1 season ) - Re- watching it now to try and finish it. 

Also I watched all these a long time ago so I would have to re- watch them all to finish them and will be soon, since there on my watch list. 

• Friendly 1

@SleepyLeoulf I think there are actually titles where I almost made it to the end of or I skipped a episode and I still count it as completing them since I know what happens. But you've finished Madoka★Magica already, correct?

Edited by Mars Terra

@SleepyLeoulf I see, there are but Rebellion is the only original--though I haven't heard very good things about it. :? And thanks, a fun fact is the girl in my signature (Ringo Ando) is that early concept art reveals she was originally intended to be a magical girl and that is most likely the basis of Puyo 7's transformation mode. You have a good signature too, the words are very true. ^^

@Mars Terra I see alright and yeah I know there are a few movies of the series that are out, on Netflix mostly right now. Hmm I see well she's kawaii and pretty looking. :3 Heh, well my signature is a quote I made up myself and also right now trying to figure out what kind of graphic or picture I want for my signature. 

Cardcaptor Sakura

Sailor Moon (all series)

Shugo Chara!

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (all series)

Vivid Strike!

Flip Flappers

Twin Angels Break

Puella Magi Madoka Magica 

Magical Girl Raising Project

Wish Upon The Plieades

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Today I completed Lady Jewelpet, something I've been watching for over a year and a half now. I'll write a review for it next week since I'm writing review for both seasons of Owari no Seraph this week.

• Like 1

I haven’t heard of that one before!

Will have to look up soms more about it!

• Friendly 1

@C_C_S I don't know the details but I think the franchise has started being licensed in europe, where it hasn't been licensed outside of japan before. Funny thing, I meant to watch the first Jewelpet anime but got confused and started Lady Jewelpet by accident. xD

Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Yuuki Yuna is a Hero, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and Magical Girl Raising Project.

Of course Infeel Nanoha is the best (eagerly waiting for the third movie to see very soon) ;)

STILL haven’t seen Cardcaptor Sakura..

Arjuna  (or Earth Maiden Arjuna)  ~  This is an older anime...very interesting...with a Captain Planet vibe (but in a Japanese style).  I think it would be a borderline Magical Girl anime.  I would classify it as one, but others might not.  I'm linking it here since I imagine it to be a fairly less known anime.  I tracked down a copy of the complete series at an anime convention.  It's a love or hate series for sure. 

Chikyuu Shoujo Arjuna (Winter 2001)

1. PG-13
  2. 13 episodes
  3. 26 minutes
  4. TV

Details

1. Rating
    6.9/8K
  2. Source
    Original
  3. First Episode
    Jan 9, 2001
  4. Last Episode
    Mar 27, 2001
  5. Status
    Finished Airing
  6. Broadcast
    Tuesdays at 18:00
  7. Studio
      • Satelight
  8. Genres

Cast

1. Juna Ariyoshi
  2. Chris Hawken
  3. Cindy Klein

Crew

• Producer
    • Director
    • Script
    • Storyboard
    • Original Creator
    • Planning
    • Series Composition
    • Sound Director

Juna was just an ordinary high-school girl, right up until the day she died in a motorcycle accident. But there, in the twilight of death, she saw the future of the barren earth destroyed by the Raaja, and was offered a second chance at life if she would stop them. Now she must learn to cast aside her thoughtlessly destructive ways and face her destiny as the Avatar of Time, the one being who can decide the fate of the planet. written by myanimelist.net
  1. 3865
  2. #2691 popularity
  3. 22K members
  4. 162 favorites
Updated
  • All Names
  • English Arjuna
  • Original 地球少女アルジュナ
  • Other Names Earth Maiden Arjuna, Earth Girl Arjuna

Cardcaptor Sakura (original series and movies)  ~  I discovered this in my youth and still love it today.  I finally broke down and watched the first 12 episodes of Clear Card (such memories it brought flooding back up, I had planned on binging it when it was fully released) so I'm partway through that one.

Fate Kaleid Prisma Illya  ~  A different twist on the Fate series.  I really enjoy it.  It is very sweet and kind of interesting....and very funny at times too.  I have yet to watch the 2wei (though I have it) and so on, but that is more a lack of time issue than lack of interest.

Magic Knight Rayearth  ~  I managed to get halfway through this one before time got away from me again.  It's pretty good...I plan on eventually returning to it. 

My-HIME  ~  I ALMOST got to the end of this one.  I do personally consider it a magical girl series (as they technically have summoning powers) but my copy has a bad disk towards the end and it froze in a very bad spot that just rubbed me all wrong.  Never went back to finish it...  I think of this one as being borderline magical girl....

My Z-HIME My OTOME  ~  This I watched the entire way through, movies included.  It is an okay series and it too is borderline Magical Girl...probably less Magical Girl than My-HIME.  Where I'd say My-HIME is magical girl...I am not sure I could make a good argument for this one, even though they are related.

Pretear  ~  This one is unique in that it is a reverse harem...that also is kind of Magical Girl as well.  I watched most of this before I was distracted.  Plan to go back and finish it eventually.

MyAnimeList Error: Too much myanimelist bbcode was used in this post.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica  ~  Watched the original series on hulu or Netflix...don't remember.  Working on collecting the movies currently.

Selector infected WIXOSS and Selector spread WIXOSS  ~  I believe this one to be a magical girl series, though some might debate me on that.  I greatly enjoyed it, and it is extremely different from other Magical Girl series.

MyAnimeList Error: Too much myanimelist bbcode was used in this post.

Sailor Moon  ~  I have watched all of the original series except for the Sailor Stars series...watched Crystal up until Dark Lady showed up.  I have some distinct problems with the series that is more difficult to forgive the older I get (for example, Mamoru's guardians refusing to be revived as more than pieces of rocks...supposedly this is because the name of the series is Sailor Moon and them being in existence would put more importance on the Sailor Senshi.  I don't know if that's true, but living as a advising rock is stupid and cruel to the Senshi.  Make amends in person for crying out loud.).  I try my best not to be harsh on the series as it is a good introductory series for people so I take it in small doses these days.

Adding Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Reflection to the list, and eagerly awaiting its sequel Detonation. :)

I don't remember which anime got me addicted to this Genre, but I have watched several.

Sailor Moon: I started Stars, but have never been able to finish it. I kinda hate how the plot works and Seiya and crew rub me the wrong way.

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha: I got through A's, but fell off early in Strikers. I really wanna go back to it and watch all of it, cause I loved the stories and the characters.

Mai-HiMe and Mai Otome: I agree that HiME is a borderline MG anime, but Otome fit most of the criteria perfectly. I hated the relationship dynamic with Nina's father in the middle of the whole arc of Pedophilia and,ugg no please. Arika's attraction to him pretty much killed the show for me.

Kill La Kill: I'm baffled at how this series is qualified as an MG anime, but it seems to be just that. All I can say about this is: WHY DID I WATCH ALL OF IT?!?!?!?!? Most ecchi thing I've ever seen that was so freaking close to the line of Hentai that I am scratching my head why it cleared any kind of censor board in the states.

LilPri: Cute lil girls that magically grow up to become Idols. Kinda odd but can't deny the cuteness.

Glitter Force: I watched a large portion of this and all I can say about Netflix is: Why would you rename a PreCure series?

I think I may have watched other MG series, but I can't recall any other titles. I honestly tried watching Madoka Magica, but couldn't get past the Two Dimentionality of the characters. I watched the first Six episodes, and it fell flat for me.

Edited by KeilynLocke

Magic Knight Rayearth (both seasons)

Card Captor Sakura (original series)

Kobato

Pretear

Petite Princess Yucie

Magic Users Club

Flip Flappers

My Hime/Otome

Little Witch Academia (tv series & OVAs)

Magical Project S

Sasami Magical Girl Club

Corrector Yui (what episodes were released in US)

Sailor Moon (original series)

Figure 17 (maybe qualifies ?)

Magical Girl Ore (probably not 😜

Edited by Ohiotaku

Sailormoon finished the original,crystal version ,live action japanese ver,ccs but not yet for the clear card arc,wedding peach,kaitou saint tail,magic knight rayearth.

• Similar Content

• By Birdfthermes
      Looking for an anime that is much like The Seven Deadly Sins, funny in places, serious in places, good characters with a fantasy or supernatural element. Tend to enjoy watching over powered characters I guess. Struggling as i quite like to watch dubbed anime. I often like anime with a small adult theme / not specifically aimed at children (often find that the stories can be a lot more intricate and intense). 
      Also liked things like Bleach, Naruto Shippuden. Vampire Knight, High School DnD (only explored anime such as this with this title, did enjoy it though, so wouldn't mind others like this). 
      Any kind of recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you!
    • By awesomedude20
      Second season of Overlord.
    • By awesomedude20
      The final hour of the popular virtual reality game Yggdrasil has come. However, Momonga, a powerful wizard and master of the dark guild Ainz Ooal Gown, decides to spend his last few moments in the game as the servers begin to shut down. To his surprise, despite the clock having struck midnight, Momonga is still fully conscious as his character and, moreover, the non-player characters appear to have developed personalities of their own!

Confronted with this abnormal situation, Momonga commands his loyal servants to help him investigate and take control of this new world, with the hopes of figuring out what has caused this development and if there may be others in the same predicament.

[Written by MAL Rewrite]
    • By awesomedude20
      After being trapped in the world of Elder Tale for six months, Shiroe and the other Adventurers have begun to get the hang of things in their new environment. The Adventurers are starting to gain the trust of the People of the Land, and Akiba has flourished thanks to the law and order established by Shiroe's Round Table Alliance, regaining its everyday liveliness. Despite this success, however, the Alliance faces a new crisis: they are running out of funds to govern Akiba, and spies from the Minami district have infiltrated the city.

As formidable forces rise in other districts, there is also a need to discover more about the vast new world they are trapped in—leading Shiroe to decide that the time has come to venture outside the city. Accompanied by his friend Naotsugu and the Sage of Mirror Lake Regan, the calculative Shiroe makes his move, hoping to unravel new possibilities and eventually find a way home.

[Written by MAL Rewrite]
    • By awesomedude20
      In the blink of an eye, thirty thousand bewildered Japanese gamers are whisked from their everyday lives into the world of the popular MMORPG, Elder Tale, after the game's latest update—unable to log out. Among them is the socially awkward college student Shiroe, whose confusion and shock lasts only a moment as, a veteran of the game, he immediately sets out to explore the limits of his new reality.

Shiroe must learn to live in this new world, leading others and negotiating with the NPC "natives" in order to bring stability to the virtual city of Akihabara. He is joined by his unfortunate friend Naotsugu, having logged in for the first time in years only to find himself trapped, and Akatsuki, a petite but fierce assassin who labels Shiroe as her master. A tale of fantasy, adventure, and politics, Log Horizon explores the elements of gaming through the eyes of a master strategist who attempts to make the best of a puzzling situation.

[Written by MAL Rewrite]
Anime Forums is where fans from around the world can gather to discuss anime and Japanese culture!  All anime fans are welcome. Take a moment to join us now!