What kind of sports do you do?

NightDancer

Part of the school cross country// track nd field, badminton, cricket, cycling and other fitness programs however after an accident due to various medical conditions can no longer do any of these things.

Now,

Lifting... my ps controller, casual walks and the odd jog from the couch to the fridge and back. FML

I play Roller hockey and I've been playing it for 11 years and this is currently my 12th year. what about you?

i used to as well i loved it until we moved and there were no leues around me :(

• 3 months later...

I love sports and I am a very athletic person. I have played baseball my whole life and it is my favorite. I also play hockey, basketball and I snowboard as well when I can find time. I used to be in a billiards league as well but I got bored of it. :)

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

I don't play any kind of sports, but I do watch a lot of them on TV :)

The last time I played any kind of sport was well over 15 years ago during any P.E classes at school :P

Especially football and snooker, me and my fiancé are both big fans of watching those two whenever they're on, as we're also both Manchester United supporters :)

Edited by Guest

• 2 years later...

I really do not play any active sports, or even e-sports, but I do walk, and run as well as swim. I suppose you could say competitive gaming in it of itself nowa days is a sport, and I do that  at conventions sometimes.

For me it is mostly walking/hiking, especially if you count the 1.5km daily round trip between my office and the parking lot at work.  :)  Beyond that I usually walk another 3 or 4 km at lunch along a trail near work, though I've been pretty bad about maintaining the routine in the last month or so.  (My phone says I walked an average of 2.1km/day for the last month.)  I also have a pool and if the weather is warm enough I'll do the swimming thing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Twelve said:

I have played and still play volleyball! It has been 8 years since I started. And I'm trying to get on my schools women team too. 

I tried my hand at that a few times. I just don't have the hand eye to do it properly though.

I honestly wish I had continued playing baseball while I was in public schools. I played until '98 when I was 12, but I stopped because my mom couldn't play for 3 kids in sports and I was the eldest, so I just stopped.

I also gave up Kempo about 8 or so years ago because I wasn't making enough and doing Martial Arts while being a graveyard clerk at a 7-Eleven was harsh.

11 hours ago, KeilynLocke said:

I honestly wish I had continued playing baseball while I was in public schools. I played until '98 when I was 12, but I stopped because my mom couldn't play for 3 kids in sports and I was the eldest, so I just stopped.

I also gave up Kempo about 8 or so years ago because I wasn't making enough and doing Martial Arts while being a graveyard clerk at a 7-Eleven was harsh.

Thats understandable Kempo sounds cool I have spoken with a couple people who have odone that. Is it hard to learn overall.

I do like to run regularely and there was a time when I played some basketball, not in a club but with some local children my age at the school's sports field - but I've stopped some years ago... For some reason, people always ask me if I work out because I supposedly look rather athletic, but I'm really a lazy bum (well, apart from the running every two days). And I do like hiking in the mountains every summer, thankfully we have a lot of mountains here.

I have a HEMA-club in the city nearby which I intend to join but since I'm saving money to move and as of right now I don't have the time, I just took part in two classes (if that's the word?) so far. But they were amazing - exhausting but amazing! And I have a friend who does it, so whenever I'm at his place --which is not that often....-- he shows me some techniques. Definitely going to start doing HEMA at one point of my life.

3 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Thats understandable Kempo sounds cool I have spoken with a couple people who have odone that. Is it hard to learn overall.

I didn't have too much difficulty learning it, but I didn't really stay very long. It's a mixed Martial Art, but only in combining pretty much every Japanese art. The school I was learning was more of a Self Defense oriented style.

20 minutes ago, KeilynLocke said:

I didn't have too much difficulty learning it, but I didn't really stay very long. It's a mixed Martial Art, but only in combining pretty much every Japanese art. The school I was learning was more of a Self Defense oriented style.

ah I see well self defense is important. My understanding is thats the main reason to learn martial arts.

2 minutes ago, KeilynLocke said:

I personally love Martial Arts in general. I honestly just want to learn what I can cause it's fun.

Thats a good reason to me. I could not though I have nowhere near the hand eye needed for such a thing. I will stick to walking running, and swimming. Though I know there is a lot you can do wwith MA. There are even killing moves that can literally kill someone I have been told.

The sport I do, eh?

I do Cross Country and Track and Field. (If you don’t know what cross country is, it’s long distance track- usually 3 miles or a 5k). I’ve been doing it for a couple years and I love it. 

I also play music. It doesn’t sound like a sport, but it’s so taxing on the body. Whether it be guitar, drums, piano, trumpet, etc- it’s very technical and you must have good endurance.