How does anime affect your personality?

Mirror311

Before I started to watch anime I was afraid to talk to people and always being depressed, but after I started watching anime I have become more socialized and optimistic and (at least this is what my friends and parents said). This experience that I have made me want to ask you how does anime affect your personality because of my curiosity. If you don't mind, please share your experiences below. Thank you.

Not gonna lie, anime has affected my personality a lot. I’ve started to do mannerisms or say certain things that can be tied directly to anime or Japanese culture, like I’ll do a head tilt when I’m confused or when I’m upset I’ll puff out my cheeks. It’s really weird I know, but I just thought it was interesting xD It has started to make me more optimistic too! I have also struggled with depression and it after watching it it always makes me more upbeat

Edited by SarahNeko

• 4 weeks later...

For me I would have to say it opened my eyes to the world more and learning about a different culture. I think it helps me express myself more and makes me more happy and brings joy into my life since I am also half Japanese and makes me feel closer to my heritage and my grandma. I'm proud of who I am and anime has changed me and also helped me over time to not be afraid to be myself and not care what other think of me since I like what I like and I'm just myself. Thus I think that's important to just be yourself, in my opinion.  I have met a few people who were  interested in anime and the Japanese culture itself which was pretty cool. So it was nice I had a few people I could chat about it with but over all it has made me more open and optimistic about life and different cultures. 

• Geano locked this topic