is water wet?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. is water wet?

• yes!
    • no!

hey guys after you answer the pole explain why you think it's wet or not. 

and remember we are here to have fun, not fight.

Edited by novFilms

It's not and that's because the word "wet" is only used when a human, animal or object is in contact with a liquid. I personally don't think water is in contact with itself whatsoever. But, that's only my thought. xD

Edited by ragkt
  • Agree 3

15 minutes ago, ragkt said:

It's not and that's because the word "wet" is only used when a human, animal or object is in contact with a liquid. I personally don't think water is in contact with itself whatsoever. But, that's only my thought. xD

true man, wet is only when we touch it and when water touches it self is like us touching our skin but its not wet.

Let's ask @Wet, the expert on this matter.

Edited by Wedgy

1 hour ago, BurnsyCEO said:

No one actually cares it's an english question not a science one.

it is the science of english, human perception and chemistry

and i respect your opinion so i wont say much.

4 hours ago, novFilms said:

it is the science of english, human perception and chemistry

and i respect your opinion so i wont say much.

It's not. It's one of those waste of time questions that don't tell you anything even if you find out the answer. And english is not science not even close. Language is based on human perception  and is subject to change if we wish. Science is the exact opposite of that.

If you want to get chemistry into it, water sticks together through cohesion but sticks to other surfaces making them "wet" through adhesion. So do water is not wet. That's all chemistry does to answer that question.

33 minutes ago, BurnsyCEO said:

It's not. It's one of those waste of time questions that don't tell you anything even if you find out the answer. And english is not science not even close. Language is based on human perception  and is subject to change if we wish. Science is the exact opposite of that.

If you want to get chemistry into it, water sticks together through cohesion but sticks to other surfaces making them "wet" through adhesion. So do water is not wet. That's all chemistry does to answer that question.

exactly water is not wet.

and  for english i meant the word wet relation to water but now is changed to all liquids can make a object wet but are not them selves wet

I have been summoned. Water is indeed wet. Science is wrong.

• Funny 1

Water is wet only us humans and other living things that touch it, I don't think it in itself is wet. :D 

Well actually, it depends on how you're using the word since "wet" can mean that something is covered with, or touching, water,  where it can also mean a liquid that makes something damp.
So, if we were using the first example then no, water would not be wet. However, water is a liquid that makes things wet, so it is therefor wet if being used in latter example.

It could be.. If water was in it's solid state of ice or snow (depending on the proportion of water to snow), and then began to melt, or had then made contact with liquid water, only then could one could consider it wet. I don't think it's acceptable to say a liquid can make another liquid wet. Theoretically, I suppose it could but I haven't heard of such a thing.

Well, at first I thought "of course water is wet", but then I read all the answers to this thread and know I'm not so sure anymore...🤔

I have definitive proof that water cant be wet !!!!

we use air to air dry things all the time and air is constantly in contact with waters surface thus water is dry ! 

Water is wet because when you touch water you become wet. Which means wetness Is contagious. And water already is wet that’s why you can catch it. 

I'd say that as long as you have at least two molecules of water adhered to one another and at least one of those molecules is in a liquid state, then yes!  It is wet!  If you only have one molecule of water, all by itself, then that molecule is not wet. 

Still, it's a good question to pose. 

• Similar Content

• By EnviousEnvy
      What anime series/movies do you want to watch but unfortunately haven't gotten to yet for whatever reason?
      My list currently:
      Outlaw Star
      Space Dandy
      Fairy Tail
      Akiba Strip
      Tenchi Muyo: War On Geminar
      Date A Live
      Karneval
      Ikki Tousen 
      Blood Lad
      Blood+
    • By Pav1
      So i just finished reading a manga called 3D kanjoo, i finished it all in one night about 4 hours to read it all. the story ends in a happy ending but i have this weird lingering feeling of loneliness and sadness after i finished it. then after reading that i watch the last two episodes of Darling in the franxx, and idk why but my mind is starting to realize how lonely i am, reading and watching those to really messed me up. i have friends but i rarely see them as they each do their own thing and only on occasion do we meet , i have a job and i always put on a fake smile and act cheery around my co workers  but when i go home at the end of the day and in my room, reality hits and i go down a roller coaster of mental breakdown. i love anime and manga but whenever i watch them or read them this feeling always comes up. I live a life of solitude, im to shy to meet new people so i hole up in my room and as days go by i feel my mentality degrade. im alone and idk what to do.  
    • By Big Boar
      hello people! want to share my channel and this scene from Cross Ange. im uploading scene's from Ecchi anime. if you like it please subscribe to Big Boar 

• By Beocat
      Hey all, so every now and then, I come across a song that just strikes a chord with me and an anime.  Sometimes, it's with a 'ship' (you know, an anime relationship between two characters that I want to happen but might not ever see in the anime) and sometimes it just reflects the anime to me.  The latest one that has grabbed me is Yours by Russell Dickerson.  To me, I can totally see it as a "ship-song" between Ichinose Tokiya and Haruka in Uta no Prince-sama (my personal favorite pairing ~whimsical sigh~).

Anyone else have a song that has reminded them of an anime or ship recently? 
    • By flamer180
      There is a whole bunch of listed cultures out there and different cool things about each one! 
      - Japanese
      - Indian 
      - British 
      - American
      - Korean 
      - Russian
      The only thing I can say for Russian is,: UHHHHHHHHH!

I Personally like Japanese Culture alot!
Anime Forums is where fans from around the world can gather to discuss anime and Japanese culture!  All anime fans are welcome. Take a moment to join us now!