First manga you completed/binged.

Shovelry

As the title suggest, I would like to know what was the first manga that you completed reading, binged, or are binging currently.

For me, my first manga series I started reading seriously was Hikaru no Go, but never finished. The first manga series I binge read was Shaman King, and I'm currently debating reading it again, since I forgot most of the story. I got obsessed with Shaman King, and read the entire series in 2 weeks or so. After that, I did the same with Bleach. I would stay up late at night reading it, completely absorbed by it. However, I drifted away from it, and I only now recently completed it. Now, I'm currently reading Black Clover and I'm trying to find where I left off on Soul Eater.

So, what was the first manga you guys have completed?

I have read a few mangas but not the entire series, for example, I've read all season one of Tokyo Ghoul's mangas but I'm currently waiting to watch the anime with my roomie so I didn't read any further so as not to spoil anything. I've also read up to season 2 of Attack On Titan's mangas but also stopped reading that for the same reason ... Spoilers.

I did read Judge and Rabbit Doubt though. They're utterly fascinating and although slightly amateurish in the beginning since it seems to be the authors first manga, it's really well done and complex.

Rabbit Doubt is the first series with Doubt being after it, although the two are different I loved them both and felt the plot twists never let you down. Doubt is practically a manga version of Saw and it's absolutely delightful in a morbid, dark, pretty disturbing way. 

In general, I'm not a huge fan of manga. I'll occasionally read a few for a series I like, but I never finish them. The sole exception is A Silent Voice, which I binged in a few hours. The story was heartwarming and connected with me on a level I never felt with manga, and it really made me want to read other manga as a result. Too bad that was a few years ago, I haven't picked up another one since.

heard the movie finally got released though, so I'm at least looking forward to that!

• Like 1

I have read a decent amount of manga, but I have finished only 1 (Akaiito by Miyasaka Kaho). That is, because I am still actually learning the order of reading a manga in general.

Not a manga, but Spice and Wolf was the first experience I had with an anime where I reached the end and just absolutely had to continue the story. I didn’t even know what a light novel was, but I happened to be walking past the manga section at the book store and the Spice and Wolf novels were on the shelf. I bought every one they had (I think there were 13 out at the time). Still my favorite manga/LN to this day. 

Since then, it’s pretty normal for me to read the manga or novels of anime I enjoy. I think the first manga I read was probably Attack on Titan.

Edited by elrond99

I have read tons of manga. The first one was Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic. It's over now, but I haven't finished it. I've finished Fairy Tail, but am hoping they make another season. I've caught up on a bunch of other stuff, but none of them are over yet, so yeah. Almost done with Fruits Basket though! I'm savoring all my manga! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/18/2017 at 12:16 AM, ToxicWolf1132 said:

In general, I'm not a huge fan of manga. I'll occasionally read a few for a series I like, but I never finish them. The sole exception is A Silent Voice, which I binged in a few hours. The story was heartwarming and connected with me on a level I never felt with manga, and it really made me want to read other manga as a result. Too bad that was a few years ago, I haven't picked up another one since.

heard the movie finally got released though, so I'm at least looking forward to that!

Love "A Silent Voice." awesome in all formats. For the one I binged was "Berserk" but that was only because a friend had it. Personally, I like to read L/N or watch the Anime. 

I don't read much manga since I prefer to have it in physical form, but the first one I did read was Elfen Lied after watching the show. I remember I sped through it really quick which seems to be a problem I have while reading online.

• 2 weeks later...