How does your anime role model affects you?

Mirror311

According to this article which talks about Goku as a role model (https://www.japanpowered.com/anime-articles/goku-as-a-role-model), it talks about what traits does Goku have and how does Goku affect those people that take him as their role model. Reading this article makes me curious about which anime character do you take as your role model? How these anime role models affect your life? So If you don't mind, please share your experiences here, thank you.

I have a few anime role models but the top two are probably Levi Ackerman and Armin Arlert of Attack On Titan.

Levi: I find Levi to be pretty much the perfect role model for me because I myself am a very anxious and regretful person, while Levi always takes everything so calmly and his speech that he gave to Eren with the line, "We are only allowed to believe that we will not regret the choice we made.", was one of my favorite moments in the anime because I have many regrets even though I've barely done anything in life ... I do have the ability to play my emotions off well if I really intend to, but I do always end up over analyzing everything and getting anxiety over it which is why I see Levi as being that person I can actually hold up as a role model since I can relate to him while also looking up to him ... If that makes sense.
I just really love his ability to always stay calm both outwardly and inwardly, the inwardly part is what I struggle with, but also his control of everything and keeping everything working even though he barely talks.
I can also relate to his introverted behavior around people since I am quite introverted myself, which helps me realize that striving to be like Levi isn't too far out of reach since I do share quite a few qualities with him.

Armin: Honestly, Armin is like that little angel kid who does everything but doesn't realize how amazing he is. He's just absolutely perfect.
I can hold Armin up as a role model because he's basically a little angel. How can you not look up to someone like that?
I adore his ability to always think outside the box and come up with plans during pressure, he's also the sweetest little guy and totally adorable. However, the one thing I would tell Armin to stop doing if I met him, was to stop doubting himself ... I struggle with the same issue, always feeling like I can't do anything right, which is why I can see Armin as a role model since he's beginning to really believe in himself more and more as time goes by. I also just love his loyalty to his friends and his strength. He's gone through a lot what with losing his family and all that, but then deciding to stick by Eren and join the army showed his loyalty and his bravery and being able to come up with that beautiful speech to save Eren's life when he was under a lot of pressure showed his strength.
So I can always try to be as kind as Armin, as loyal as Armin and as strong as Armin, while also being able to relate to his struggle with feeling not good enough although he's slowly getting better at fighting it and I love watching him over come it.

Hinata, the main character of Haikyuu, has always been really inspirational to me. He's very shonen-hero-esque, being a short volleyball player determined to be the very best like no one ever was, but hey it goes to show that shonen tropes work because they resonate with people ;) One of my favorite anime quotes is when he says "I may be short, but I can fly!" or something along those lines. His growth in his skill is also fairly gradual in the series, so you really get to see the details of what he works so hard on to improve, and you see it's not a quick thing that just happens.

I've gotten pretty discouraged about chasing my dreams a few times (YouTubing, if anyone's curious), and during one of those slumps, the song from Haikyuu's second OP "I'm a Believer" started playing on my phone and I broke down sobbing (talks about persevering, pushing forward in spite of obstacles, yada yah). Hinata's now on my phone background as a reminder to not give up and find ways to fly :) 

• Like 1

When I think of role models, I think of Koro-sensei from Assassination Classroom. He helps everyone around him strive to achieve their dreams, no matter how unlikely it is for them to achieve it. He teaches his students how to live life to the fullest. Even at the end of season 2, he continues to affect the students in a positive way. But what really got to me was how he dealt with Nagisa's mother. Without going into too much detail, my mother is kinda the same way, but to a lesser extent, and seeing Korosensei stand up to her and defend Nagisa, telling him that only he can control his life, struck a chord with me. In a way it was almost like he was speaking to me.

My other anime role model would be Mob from Mob Psycho 100. He's got amazing psychic powers, but he only wants to win the affection of the girl of his dreams. So instead of using his power for self gain, he focuses on improving himself. While every other psychic in the show abuses their power and has some mental problems stemming from it, Mob goes against this idea because he knows that having the power doesn't make you great. Rather, what makes you great is pursuing your dreams despite all your limitations. If 

I have to say Saya Kisaragi from Blood C is my role model. In Blood C at first she's sweet, kind, full of life really and just there for her family and friends and cares for them deeply and most of all wants to protect them. Then later on in the series she changes back to her true self and is not like that no more. She's tough, strong, independent, and feels not a lot of emotion. I relate to most of that in some ways. I am strong, independent, tough when need be and don't show too many emotions or I hide them in a way. I do care deep down but it's hard for me since of my own past. And like Saya she's had a tough life herself and trying to figure out who she is and trying to find her purpose. ( I think anyway I could be wrong ) In the show she is fighting a lot with the bad guys in the series and anyone who wrongs her and gets in her way. She just fights to get revenge of who done her wrong and just in her nature to do so. She's an interesting charterer I must say and I like her a lot and the whole series. I hope that this makes sense or is what this topic is about and asking if not I apologize.

• Winner 1

• 2 weeks later...

My role model is Tanaka from "Tanaka Kun is Always Listless" and Ohta from the same anime. 

Tanaka is always at his own pace, enjoying his life as himself in the most listless manner while captivating those around him with his brazen listlessness. Ohta is always there for ya boi Tanaka, and is such a responsible and respectable friend. I found those two to be the oasis of life in a setting where in real life everything is fast paced and stressful, and I wanted to be more like them. 

I guess I want to be cool and intense like certain anime character types as well like Levi, Lelouche, Kaiki, etc, but those beings seem so... otherworldly, I guess. 

I have many anime role models. 

Last week on Thanksgiving the afternoon pretty much sucked and my family was arguing and then they weren't able to help with the cooking too much. But after they argued I thought about some of my favorite anime characters and when my family thought the day was ruined I insisted it wasn't, and that we could make it fun, and it helped everyone. 
Most of the cooking was left up to me, which I wasn't feeling healthy enough for and it was making me really sick. But when I just wanted to lock myself in my room and become Elsa I thought about how the characters always rally together and try their hardest, win or lose. It helped encourage me to keep pushing, and we had Thanksgiving dinner because of it. 

That is just one example, but I find anime just generally encourages me.

• Like 2

Honestly I have quite a bit of anime role-models.

Guy, Rock Lee and Naruto from Naruto all inspire me so much; They never give up and they fight against all odds, they do the impossible and its all because they are strong enough as people to do so.

Rena Ryuguu and Keichii as well as almost every other character from Higurashi inspire me a lot. They show true love for there friends and great determination, they don't give up when times get rough, they are fighters and it is very admirable. Also Rena is very wise and what she says makes me think, I love that and I love how in depth her character is.

4 Rena Ryuugu Quotes That Are Worth Thinking About

Rem is one of my role models as well. She is so perfect and she wants the best for Subaru even if it means she wont be able to be with him. She shows what true love means, she cares enough to let go.

Light Yagami is one of my role models and I want to seem like a psychopath or anything but, I look up to him a little bit. What he did, he did because he believed it was right; He obviously got crazy later on but he started out good and I think you need to be strong enough to do whatever you think is necessary no matter how hard it is if you believe it to be good.

Only I could do it! I was well aware that killing people is crime in itself! Yet at that point it was the only way to make things right! I thought to myself that someday people will come to realise this as much, and regard it as an act of justice! I had no choice but to act as Kira… it was the destiny given to me.I was chosen to renew this rotten world, to bring about true peace – a utopia.
Yagami Light (Death Note)

9 hours ago, SAO LILDOOP said:

Light Yagami is one of my role models and I want to seem like a psychopath or anything but, I look up to him a little bit.

I can relate to Light in quite a few ways. (No, I don't wish to sound like a psychopath either but, eh, whatever.)
For starters, I myself have had many of the same thoughts Light expressed through out the show, for instance, his view on people. I am overtly and innately cynical, it's just the way I am. So I could relate to his view on humans. I myself kind of dislike people, I mean, I wouldn't say I out right hate them or anything like that, I just find them to be perpetually stupid and wicked. The human race is quite sick, honestly. I've always thought that and I do not see a time, anywhere in the future, where I would think otherwise.
I also agree with his deep belief that he should do whatever it took to bring about this change, since I have always felt that it is better to do everything you can to stand up for your beliefs, rather than bow down and accept someone else's just because yours is not fully accepted.
I can also relate to his eversion to people and "friends" since I myself am extremely introverted and anti-social. I personally don't see any need for friends or even acquaintances since people just bore and irritate me. However, watching people is something I do enjoy ... They can be quite interesting when they're not actually talking to me.

So I can see why he would be one of your role models ... He does stand up for what he believes in and he does everything he can to bring it about.
I myself find his ability to twist peoples minds and toy with them as he pleases to be quite amazing though.

Edited by ItsSammy

• Geano locked this topic