What Are You Watching Today?

Vivi Hyuuga

15 hours ago, Vivi Hyuuga said:

3-gatsu no Lion and Blend-S are also on my list, but lower in priority.  I'd like to watch them, but if history is any guide I probably won't get around to doing so.  So many animes, so little time.  :(

If you like Aishiteruze Baby, try Usagi Drop.  Rin is such a cute kid.  :)

Well, got a preview of Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou (Girl's Last Tour) & it looks almost as depressing as Gakkou Gurashi (School Live).  May have to take that one off my list.  :|

Thanks for the recommendation, @efaardvark!

Tonight I was feeling like something with a bit of action in it, so I started Code Geass. I could be misremembering, but I believe it was @Beocat who recommended it to me? My list of recommendations is kinda long, so it's hard to remember who told me about what. I should write these things down. :P

• Like 1

So on crunchyroll and totally stumbled upon a really cool anime seems like it has a lot of different series' It's called Garo: Vanshing Line. It's got bad-ass character named  Sword who drives a totally tricked out motorcycle who helps him battle demon like creatures.

Just finished the new live-action version of Erased! For the most part, it was really similar to the anime, until it started getting close to the end. The end was different, which really kept me on edge, but still well written. I fully enjoyed it! 

today is my first day starting winter break, so i'm planning to binge as much anime as possible before i have to go back to school (rip) ●︿●

i'm planning on re-watching death note in it's in entirety as it's a tradition for me to rewatch death note every winter break since my break of 2011 was the first time watching death note (my first time watching anime also!) so every year since then i've made it a point to watch it again, and no matter how many times i've seen it it's still as exciting as the first time!

excited to finally have enough time to finish up s3 of haikyuu!~ my plan to watch list is a mile long, so it's kind of overwhelming to just commit to just one at a time lmao. maybe i should just put my list through a randomizer and watch the first thing that's chosen so i don't have to feel so conflicted anymore lol.

(also i know this was posted a month ago but i just had to let you know that the picture you posted of your hedgehog on the first page of this thread just made me squeal out loud, @Vivi Hyuuga.  it's seriously so precious, please give it lots of love for me. that's all) 

Edited by yururin
typo
  • Like 1

That sounds like such a fun anime tradition, @yururin! I haven't seen Death Note yet because I was worried it would be too scary, but after being reassured that it was different from what I was imagining I'm planning on watching it really soon. Also, season three of Haikyuu is so good! 

Thank you for the comment on my hedgie! It made me so happy. ^_^ The one in the picture is Thimble, I have four hedgehogs total. They are all rather spoiled on love.

So far I've been watching Code Geass today. It's been really good, I'm enjoying it quite a bit! 

@Norvath ... I wanted to like that one but I just couldn't get into it.  The Mary Sue leads left me flat, and the ending arc kind of lost focus in trying to outdo itself.  Hattori was probably the most interesting character for me.  At least he seemed to evolve a bit over time.  Not to say the show didn't have its moments - I did like the big Monolith Code match between Tatsuya's and Masaki's teams in the competition arc for example - but by the end I was kind of glad it was over.

Edited by efaardvark
correcting iphone correction

23 hours ago, Vivi Hyuuga said:

That sounds like such a fun anime tradition, @yururin! I haven't seen Death Note yet because I was worried it would be too scary, but after being reassured that it was different from what I was imagining I'm planning on watching it really soon. Also, season three of Haikyuu is so good! 

Thank you for the comment on my hedgie! It made me so happy. ^_^ The one in the picture is Thimble, I have four hedgehogs total. They are all rather spoiled on love.

So far I've been watching Code Geass today. It's been really good, I'm enjoying it quite a bit! 

I'll admit, I was totally unsettled by Ryuk the first time I watched death note, almost to the point where I almost considered not watching it at all, but I'm glad I pushed through because death note is seriously one of my favorite series of all time and the reason why I became an anime fan, so it has a very special place in my heart. Also, Ryuk is totally not scary once you get to know him, he just wants to play mario golf and eat some apples ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

5a3d84a705068_playwithihmlight.JPG.ed4c807d2233cf8f63f885bb58190065.JPG

Oh my gosh!! Thimble is seriously the most adorable name for a hedgehog, my heart can't take it T^T..  I'm so unoriginal when it comes to naming my pets, I have a cat named Smokey which I recently found out is like the fourth most common cat name in the US or something like that, so... props to you! 

I've totally been meaning to watch Code Geass, I've heard really good things about it! I think I might give it a go since I've totally been on a kick of watching some more darker anime lately. Tried watching the movie Akira last night, but I seriously I don't think I'm smart enough to fully understand the plot since I had to pause it almost every 15 minutes or so to look at the full movie summary on wikipedia to make sure I was understanding everything right LOL

That sounds so awesome, @yururin! I definitely start Death Note soon.

Thank you, I thought our hedgehogs deserved special names. Thimble's full name is Dame Thimbletack of River Shribble, then there is Wendy the Sky Dragon Slayer, Tauriel Captain of the Elven Royal Guard, and Nyx Hedgie of the Moor. We didn't name Nyx, one of our best friends did. Lol, that's funny about your cat's name. I once knew a miniature donkey named Smokey.
I watched Akira, and while I could follow the plot and understand it I just plain didn't like it. :P No offense to people who like it, but it's not for me.

I finished Code Geass this morning! It was one wild ride and I loved it. Thank you, @Beocatfor recommending it to me! I'm now watching Days, I felt like a more lighthearted anime after Code Geass.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Vivi Hyuuga said:

That sounds so awesome, @yururin! I definitely start Death Note soon.

Thank you, I thought our hedgehogs deserved special names. Thimble's full name is Dame Thimbletack of River Shribble, then there is Wendy the Sky Dragon Slayer, Tauriel Captain of the Elven Royal Guard, and Nyx Hedgie of the Moor. We didn't name Nyx, one of our best friends did. Lol, that's funny about your cat's name. I once knew a miniature donkey named Smokey.
I watched Akira, and while I could follow the plot and understand it I just plain didn't like it. :P No offense to people who like it, but it's not for me.

I finished Code Geass this morning! It was one wild ride and I loved it. Thank you, @Beocatfor recommending it to me! I'm now watching Days, I felt like a more lighthearted anime after Code Geass.

woah! your hedgehogs have the most epic names! they all sound like the final boss at the end of a video game and I love that. their names alone intimidate me, they sound so powerful. let's just say I wouldn't want to run into them in a dark alley :D:D (even though I'm sure they're incredibly sweet ^^)

since you've spoken so highly of it, I think I'm actually going to start watching Code Geass tonight, I'll let you know what I think of it!! 

Currently started something new so I was going through my Crunchyroll queue and wound up on Jormungand. It's very interesting. Weapons running and a band of skilled misfits and one kid soldier seems complex only in 2 episodes but I want to see where it goes.

With work lately I have been falling behind but I did get to catch up on some series today. 

March comes in like a lion (I don't know if anyone else is watching this but it is quite the emotional roller coaster at times. xD)

Food Wars (Can't wait till April. They finished off this season perfectly!)

Boruto (Was way behind on this one but almost caught up now. It's no Naruto but still fun to watch from time to time.)

Recovery of a mmo junkie (Was a cute series to watch but I wish they gave us a little more at the end!)

Black Clover (Was going to drop this at the beginning but I'm glad I didn't. It got a lot better after the first couple of episodes.)

One Piece (Been loving the big mom arc. Sanji has always been one of my favorite characters.)

I also plan on finishing season 1 of Dagashi Kashi because season 2 is starting in a couple of weeks. I would love to re watch season 2 of cardcaptor sakura before clear card comes out as well. Such a classic series but I will probably run out of time. 

Edited by mechaBD

well being an anime newb, I have just randomly started watching Souleater through  Netflix. Really enjoying it onto season 2 now. I think today I am going to watch another random show off of Netflix.

• Like 1

Hey @Typhenstein I random pick sometimes too. I will say don't watch Neo Tokyo on netflix that anime is pure crap.  Souleater is a great one. They made Souleater Not. it's not as good I kinda stalled on it so haven't watched the whole thing yet. If you need any suggestion don't hesitate to ask someone is always willing to give recommendations.

50 minutes ago, txGemgal3084 said:

Hey @Typhenstein I random pick sometimes too. I will say don't watch Neo Tokyo on netflix that anime is pure crap.  Souleater is a great one. They made Souleater Not. it's not as good I kinda stalled on it so haven't watched the whole thing yet. If you need any suggestion don't hesitate to ask someone is always willing to give recommendations.

Thanks for the info, I'll make sure to avoid Neo Tokyo, but yeah I really enjoy Souleater it's a really fun watch. I will probably end up drawing some of the characters from it, as for right now though I have been watching The Devils A Part-Timer. It's a pretty neat concept.

• Like 1

I've been re-watching Ruroni Kenshin for the last few days. Almost done with season two. It's an interesting show, there are almost too many characters so a lot of actors played several roles, like Steve Blum and Michael McConohie, although most people are only credited for their biggest roles. Despite that, it's still one of the best dubs to date. 

• Like 1

Decided to watch the first episode of Mob Psycho 100 on a whim today not expecting to watch more than a few episodes, but I'm actually enjoying it a fair deal more than I thought I would! ^^ Mob is too precious for his own good, I love him.. o(╥﹏╥)o